Video: Ronald Leary explains homage to Landry

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
It was a nice thing to do. Too bad Tom's family no longer cares about the Cowboys. It should mean more to them than anyone.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Yeah. He looks like someone who is wondering why the hell the media is standing at his locker.

I liked the way he handled it. He wasn't giving away any unnecessary information.

They were trying to find out who initiated it. Leary kept the team unity. The reporters are trying to give one person the credit. I'm loving this team more and more.

Why don't these reporters just leave it alone. What is it that they don't understand? It's not rocket science. Jason hinted at it. Leary basically told them it doesn't matter who's idea it was. What's important is they recognize the history and importance of what it means to be a Cowboy (my words).

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ronald Leary did not take the bait when asked who originated the idea, instead saying both the players and coaches agreed to do it to pay respect for Tom Landry's legacy. Remove any lighter fluid that the media could use to spark any sensationalistic nonsense and just honor the franchise's history. Smart young man.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I liked the way he handled it. He wasn't giving away any unnecessary information.

They were trying to find out who initiated it. Leary kept the team unity. The reporters are trying to give one person the credit. I'm loving this team more and more.

Why don't these reporters just leave it alone. What is it that they don't understand? It's not rocket science. Jason hinted at it. Leary basically told them it doesn't matter who's idea it was. What's important is they recognize the history and importance of what it means to be a Cowboy (my words).
You beat me to it and stated it better than I did.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On the Fan I think it was yesterday, they said...
It was something to do in practice as a tribute to Landry and the history. I think Garrett started havin them do it. As he prides himself as well as all the players to know the history here and to honor it. It is something they do when they practice the Victory kneel down formation. But started as that tribute.
But the players decided to do this during the game at that point. And hopefully they can continue to do it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It happened a few years ago with Tashard Choice asking Michael Vick for autograph
6a0120a6dde087970b0148c6a9e493970c-pi

Disgusting.​

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On the Fan I think it was yesterday, they said...
It was something to do in practice as a tribute to Landry and the history. I think Garrett started havin them do it. As he prides himself as well as all the players to know the history here and to honor it. It is something they do when they practice the Victory kneel down formation. But started as that tribute.
But the players decided to do this during the game at that point. And hopefully they can continue to do it.
It would be a nice gesture on the team's part to continue doing it. Some people frown upon acknowledging history. In my opinion, good and bad history should always be embraced. Even so, history should not be flaunted necessarily also. Just remembered.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would be a nice gesture on the team's part to continue doing it. Some people frown upon acknowledging history. In my opinion, good and bad history should always be embraced. Even so, history should not be flaunted necessarily also. Just remembered.

The way it sounded, they will continue to do it with the Garrett's blessing.

erod

Reaction score
Not only is this cool, if they continue to do it, it'll get national attention, which will honor Coach Landry even more.

Got to keep winning convincingly, obviously.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not only is this cool, if they continue to do it, it'll get national attention, which will honor Coach Landry even more.

Got to keep winning convincingly, obviously.

As long as dictator Goodell doesn't squash it...but it's a legal play, so they better not.
The Lambeau dump better be squashed too if that happens.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
The way it sounded, they will continue to do it with the Garrett's blessing.

I really hope so.

I really do............what a great communion for Landry and all that he did for the Cowboys.

I have my o-line do it. They think I'm crazy and all of them hate the Cowboys. (8th graders.)

It's good to be the king. ;0)