Video: Ronald Leary explains homage to Landry

xvendettax914

Reaction score
Whatever they draw motivation from is fine with me. Its really cool seeing something like this.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As long as dictator Goodell doesn't squash it...but it's a legal play, so they better not.
The Lambeau dump better be squashed too if that happens.
The league should not have any issue with the line shift homage. But one of these days, a Green Bay player will leap into the stands, injure someone, and sue the Packers and the league. Things will get mighty interesting after that happens.

I just hope the Packers player lands on a visiting Washington fan. Not on a child, mind you. Any old fart would suffice. :cool:

foofighters

Reaction score
It happened a few years ago with Tashard Choice asking Michael Vick for autograph

Ya I remember that. I was just wondering how that was relevant to now. Considering he's not on the team anymore nor are several other players as well.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I love it!! I hope that it stays that way as tradition every time we win. A small gesture like that goes a long way in building a team identity. Its like the alpha male gorilla thumping his chest to show who's king of the jungle.

Zordon

Reaction score
Ya I remember that. I was just wondering how that was relevant to now. Considering he's not on the team anymore nor are several other players as well.

You're being kinda picky. o_O I was just referencing that incident as evidence about how much the culture has changed. For years I thought we had a locker room full of players who didn't understand what that Star meant to people. Now it's totally different. I love the personality of this team.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I have stated many times the culture of this team is out of balance. In the past it was more like a country club than a football team.

But this is soneth8ing different. It shows a team and not just a bunch of individuals.

The original name for this move was The Hitch. It was a device to disguise the movement of the RB's as they changed the formation.in the backfield.

This is greatness.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
It was a nice thing to do. Too bad Tom's family no longer cares about the Cowboys. It should mean more to them than anyone.

Maybe because it's from "the players" it could mean something to them?

The Saints didn't like it too much?? Lmao

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
It's crazy. Jerry is not cowboys. I can't compute/believe them. Lol

It's not crazy. Jerry fired Tom right?

Tom Jr. had his tickets taken back by Jerry.

Most folks don't care much for being dismissed & find it quite easy to turn their backs on whoever fired them.

I know Tom's players say he kept up with them & vice versa but those were HIS guys. Not Jerry's.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Most folks don't care much for being dismissed & find it quite easy to turn their backs on whoever fired them.

I know Tom's players say he kept up with them & vice versa but those were HIS guys. Not Jerry's.

Still crazy. Current players are cowboys. Represent cowboys. Jerry and family will be gone one day. Cowboys organization won't.

Crazy.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

Personally I don't think Jerry is at fault for firing Landry. As unpopular as it was, it was time for him to retire and he didn't agree.

As far as tickets go, I don't know if Bill Walsh's children have free season tickets to the 49ers or if Chuck Noll's kids have free season tickets to the Steelers. If so, then shame on Jerry. If not....meh.....

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Personally I don't think Jerry is at fault for firing Landry. As unpopular as it was, it was time for him to retire and he didn't agree.

As far as tickets go, I don't know if Bill Walsh's children have free season tickets to the 49ers or if Chuck Noll's kids have free season tickets to the Steelers. If so, then shame on Jerry. If not....meh.....

I don't think the tickets were free. Jerry took away the family suite at Texas Stadium & Tom Jr. had his season tickets taken away by Jerry. Google it.

Jerry is the one who went to Austin & fired Tom. Right or wrong he fired him.

Yea the formation was cool & a homage to Coach Landry. But that family has washed their hand of this team. The statue at the stadium is nice as well.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The negative perception behind Tom Landry's firing had less to do with why Jerry Jones did so and more to do with how he did the deed. Jones' method was very cold and distant. It was not very cordial in nature to be afforded to a man of Landry's enormous reputation.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The negative perception behind Tom Landry's firing had less to do with why Jerry Jones did so and more to do with how he did the deed. Jones' method was very cold and distant. It was not very cordial in nature to be afforded to a man of Landry's enormous reputation.

He should make it up to them and have them there for raising of Lombardi in ode to Tom :)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He should make it up to them and have them there for raising of Lombardi in ode to Tom :)
Dallas wins a sixth NFL title. Jerry Jones has his hands on the Lombardi. And Jones intentionally splits attention between himself and the Cowboys era that preceded him during that majestic moment? I'm having a hard time picturing that happening. Wait...

Nope. Still don't see it. Wait. You added a smiley. You devil you. You were pulling my leg weren't you? :p

Please tell me you were pulling my leg! :mad: