Twitter: Rookie FA class the strongest we've seen in a while?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I’ll add excitement for Guyton too. That size and 4.3 speed?! Yes please.
speed is nice, but route running, separation, hands....more important than speed....remember Alexander (I think that was his name)...he had 4.19 speed.....one trick pony...he sucked.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
speed is nice, but route running, separation, hands....more important than speed....remember Alexander (I think that was his name)...he had 4.19 speed.....one trick pony...he sucked.
No I do remember that bust. Just thinking with his list of big time colleges that recruited him he must have something to offer. I think some immaturity issues held him back more than ability it sounds like. Fortunately we seem to have a pretty level headed #1 receiver these days and maybe some of that can rub off on him possibly. We will see.

Verdict

Reaction score
True but couple things the three all have in common........originally drafted by Cowboys and high character. In fact, a little research will show Jerry and Stephen rarely cut/release players with outstanding contracts ( especially true for starters or players with guaranteed money). My personal feeling, if he's healthy, Hurns is completely safe ( at least this year ). He gives them an experienced receiver who can play all three positions. Remember Stephen said Hurns "could" replace Beasley if they weren't able to sign a regular slot guy. Bottom line, he doesn't cost much and can valuable insurance for the position but he could very be inactive for a number of games.

Hurns isn’t cheap. It’s not a horrible contract, but we may be able to get better production at a cheaper rate than we are paying him, and I was in the group that originally thought he was a pretty good signing.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Knight is my sleeper. I bet he makes the ps at least....might push one of the vets for a backup spot.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was not surprised that the list looked good because they're been adept with the UDFA's but I was surprised that some of the names were on that list and not drafted.