Rookie jersey numbers

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I can see Reggie staying with that #. Gallimore eventually change it.
DB's today hate 40 numbers.

40s are for fullbacks and linebackers. It's actually becoming more and more popular with linebackers/edge guys (Deon Jones, Vic Beasley, K'Lavon Chaisson).

Unless 41 has some sort of significance to Reggie, I'd bet he will be changing it once rosters are set.

Plankton

Reaction score
DB's today hate 40 numbers.

40s are for fullbacks and linebackers. It's actually becoming more and more popular with linebackers/edge guys (Deon Jones, Vic Beasley, K'Lavon Chaisson).

Unless 41 has some sort of significance to Reggie, I'd bet he will be changing it once rosters are set.

I could have seen Diggs wanting that since it's the reverse of his brother's number (14).

revospeed

Reaction score

I imagine Lamb will get #10 when the dust is settled.

Diggs will probably stick with #31
Gallimore will get #96 or #92 depending on who gets cut between Jelks or Armstrong.
Robinson will probably change to #28 once Canady gets cut or #29 if Goodwin gets cut, but I hope he keeps #41.
Biadasz will probably change to #61 once Redmond leaves us.
Anae will stick with #51.
DeNucci should wear #1. 2,3,4,5,6,7,10,11,14,15, and 19 are taken. 8,9, and 12 can’t be worn and the teen numbers need to be reserved for camp wideouts.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Be a shame if he cant live up to the #88 set forth by Pettis Norman and Ron Sellers /s/ :)

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
All of the top and popular WRs these days wear jersey #s 10-19...Julio, Hopkins, OBJ, Kennan Allen, Amari, Michael Thomas, Golladay, Devante Parker, Adams, Tyreek, Diggs, etc.... I imagine getting stuck with a # in the 80s would be frowned upon unlike past generations. These young guys want to emulate what they see on TV.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
How about, enough with the "88" folklore and let's move on. It's almost embarrassing "anointing" someone with this "special" number and it doesn't workout. Let the guy choose from what is available.

it’s more to do with Jerry’s good friend that was 88 & last name was also Lamb.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Yes, I read this somewhere. I don't get the connection between Ceedee Lamb, the receiver and Jerry's friend Lamb. Were they related or is it all about Jerry? Just asking.
It’s all about Jerry wanting it that way. We’ll see.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Damn, so Jerry wants CeeDee to wear #88, huh. :( I'm a Dez supporter. That Seattle game for me is his only bad mark. The dude loves being a Cowboy. I was always a fan of him as a football player but once I seen his locker room speech after receiving the game ball for his play on the day his dad passed, I became a fan of Dez, the human being. To overcome his childhood and forgive his mom and dad? That proves he's a loving and forgiving guy. He could've easily became a statistic. And that proves his mental toughness and desire to do the right thing. No wonder Jerry loves him. I guess just not as a Cowboy anymore.

Come to think of it... Heck I still haven't forgiven my mom for tricking me back in the 5th grade when she gave us cow tongue and told us it was chicken because she was short on money and since she was a meat wrapper she got it for free. I don't care that was nasty! Lol

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I know not all the time the number they wear represents their position. But I think what others have suggested here might be true, Reggie Robinson could be moved to safety because he's wearing #41 now.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I imagine Lamb will get #10 when the dust is settled.

Diggs will probably stick with #31
Gallimore will get #96 or #92 depending on who gets cut between Jelks or Armstrong.
Robinson will probably change to #28 once Canady gets cut or #29 if Goodwin gets cut, but I hope he keeps #41.
Biadasz will probably change to #61 once Redmond leaves us.
Anae will stick with #51.
DeNucci should wear #1. 2,3,4,5,6,7,10,11,14,15, and 19 are taken. 8,9, and 12 can’t be worn and the teen numbers need to be reserved for camp wideouts.
Anae will grab 56 if Joe Jackson doesnt stick.

Probably cant keep him and Jelks if things go as expected.

revospeed

Reaction score
Anae will grab 56 if Joe Jackson doesnt stick.

Probably cant keep him and Jelks if things go as expected.

Joe Jackson looks like he can hold up better against the run. I’d bet on him making the team over jelks.

I only think that Anae will keep #51 because that’s been used a lot on 4th DEs like Wilbur and Hyder.