Rookie jersey numbers

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
If Jerry starts forcing players to have certain numbers, then my respect for him that has grown the past few years is going to start going in the other direction again...........

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Truthfully I think even if Dez doesn't end up being resigned it's a little too early to be giving 88 out again already. I do think Ceedee is worth it but giving it out too much could end up cheapening it. Maybe just wait until his career is officially over and let Lamb make his own number popular.

Agreed. I think he should be allowed to make 10 legendary among Cowboys fans. We can help make it marketable lol.

cern

Reaction score
How important is the number. Is it just a superstitious kind of thing? But I suppose if the number is available the player should be able to claim it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think Lamb should be allowed to wear the #2 jersey in the preseason which is allowed and then if he has earned it he can choose between 10 or 88 to wear in the regular season. If he doesn't want to be forced to wear 88 then earn the right to choose.

Hardline

Reaction score
I would love to see Lamb wear #2
The NFL is too strict with their position number rule.

Positions shouldn't be limited certain numbers.

DAL1180

Reaction score
I
I would love to see Lamb wear #2
The NFL is too strict with their position number rule.

Positions shouldn't be limited certain numbers.
I disagree. Not everything should have to change just because most Millennials have never been told no in their lives. The system works as it is now.

Hardline

Reaction score
I

I disagree. Not everything should have to change just because most Millennials have never been told no in their lives. The system works as it is now.
Weather if it's working fine or not it would be better if any position could wear any number.
I'm not a millennial so I have no idea why you brought that up.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks Pantone, I got on this thread specifically for this info right here, and I've come away surprisingly disappointed.

Furboy interesting is one way to put it.
Yeah, it is interesting in a 'what's next' sort of way. Weird number to have. The only notable players I recall to have it in the modern era are Moon and Newton. The usual players are kickers and punters. Not a good number to have if you are drafted low. Sort of a rental number till they see who they have in TC.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Yeah, it is interesting in a 'what's next' sort of way. Weird number to have. The only notable players I recall to have it in the modern era are Moon and Newton. The usual players are kickers and punters. Not a good number to have if you are drafted low. Sort of a rental number till they see who they have in TC.
Exactly

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
So when do numbers have to be determined? I don’t recall any other rookie taking this long before being assigned a number. And I hope it’s #10 and not a number forced on him. He’s worked his whole life for this. Let him pick his own damn number.