Twitter: Rookie Minicamp Thread

RonWashington

Reaction score

I’ve heard TJ Vasher mentioned by some on this board like he’s a poor mans AJ Green …does he have the ability to actually make the team ?

I actually like Coyle back in the secondary . Likes to hit people . Maybe he makes the cut on ST / back up safety .

Reactions: BAT

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I’ve heard TJ Vasher mentioned by some on this board like he’s a poor mans AJ Green …does he have the ability to actually make the team ?

I actually like Coyle back in the secondary . Likes to hit people . Maybe he makes the cut on ST / back up safety .

Would not hold my breath on either of those guys even making the team.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They had Vasher on PUP / IR all last year, so need to see him in live practice and some PS games to see. I want to see how he does. I think he will be a PS guy though. As they kept Feheko on the 53 man roster all last year, just inactive. So for now he gets that 6th spot over Vasher.
@Bobhaze does not think he will make the cut, he is our expert on him, having seen his games at TT.

I am interested in seeing what Coyle does also, in his 2nd year. However he will have Marquiese Bell to compete with. Seems quite a few has him penciled in on the 53.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They had Vasher on PUP / IR all last year, so need to see him in live practice and some PS games to see. I want to see how he does. I think he will be a PS guy though. As they kept Feheko on the 53 man roster all last year, just inactive. So for now he gets that 6th spot over Vasher.
@Bobhaze does not think he will make the cut, he is our expert on him, having seen his games at TT.

I am interested in seeing what Coyle does also, in his 2nd year. However he will have Marquiese Bell to compete with. Seems quite a few has him penciled in on the 53.
I will be very surprised if TJ Vasher makes the team. Pleasantly surprised. But as a big Texas Tech fan, I saw almost every college game he played. He has some great highlight film moments but honestly he was not that great in college.

His strengths are: because of his height he has ability to fight for contested catches, especially in the red zone, makes occasional circus catches…his weaknesses are many- no speed, drops a ton of routine passes, not a good downfield blocker, and his thin frame has made him an injury risk. Not a STs player at Tech which will hurt him here at this level.

RonWashington

Reaction score

I will be very surprised if TJ Vasher makes the team. Pleasantly surprised. But as a big Texas Tech fan, I saw almost every college game he played. He has some great highlight film moments but honestly he was not that great in college.

His strengths are: because of his height he has ability to fight for contested catches, especially in the red zone, makes occasional circus catches…his weaknesses are many- no speed, drops a ton of routine passes, not a good downfield blocker, and his thin frame has made him an injury risk. Not a STs player at Tech which will hurt him here at this level.

It’s like Johnny Dixon then from what I’m hearing from you Bob . No chance of making the roster . So the depth behind the main set of receivers ( Lamb Washington Tolbert Brown Injured Gallup ( sure could have used him first 2 weeks of season ) , I guess Fehoko ?

I would say if Fehoko doesn’t have a pre season of catching the tough passes with contact and maybe finding the end zone his job should be contested . PS him and yes expose him to the poachers .

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

@RonWashington

They must see something in Vasher because they elected to sign him and keep him on the NFI list all season.

It's not like a player that was injured while practicing or playing as a Cowboys player and then they had to put him on PUP or IR.
- They had zero obligations to keep him.
- They paid him $660K last season.

RonWashington

Reaction score
@RonWashington

They must see something in Vasher because they elected to sign him and keep him on the NFI list all season.

It's not like a player that was injured while practicing or playing as a Cowboys player and then they had to put him on PUP or IR.
- They had zero obligations to keep him.
- They paid him $660K last season.

That’s what I’m thinking X Walker they keep bringing him back they must see something . I understand you have training camp and pre season you need bodies but I would think Vasher could give Fehoko competition for receiver room space .

fivetwos

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any of the UDFA WR have a Cole Beasley type of game?

I'm surprised the team hasn't looked for someone like that as an alternate check down option for Dak.

He seemed to like throwing to him.

RonWashington

Reaction score

I'm surprised the team hasn't looked for someone like that as an alternate check down option for Dak.

Schultz has become his get open stretch the chains red zone option last season . Glad he’s back . Yes a Beasley maybe Cobb type would be helpful .

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Doubt we see any additional WR additions, but hey Julio Jones is available.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Doubt we see any additional WR additions, but hey Julio Jones is available.
Agreed. Why I'm wondering if any of the UDFAs are similar to Beasley.

A player with that skillset may be better than Fehoko in this case.