Rookie school: First-year Cowboys to get extra work ahead of important training camp

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Doomsday101, Jun 15, 2021.

1. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

49,966 Messages
    54,608 Likes Received
    The TEAM / PLAYERS never gave up. The one and done was all on Garrett and his decisions.

2. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

9,483 Messages
    11,204 Likes Received
    I'm desperately hoping to see the new Quinn crew (vets also) come into camp with fire and blow past all the complacent Garrett holdovers.

Perform or someone is waiting to take your job.

I don't believe that was the case around here much during the Garrett era, especially toward the end.

Chocolate Lab likes this.
  3. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

6,112 Messages
    8,087 Likes Received
    300 yards rushing in a playoff game. 4th and 24? that list goes on and on. But these things define being unable to handle pressure. That falls on everyone involved. top to bottom. Coaches, front office, players, preparation etc etc. Not giving up and being unable to handle any pressure are 2 different things and they're still sitting home either way.

cowboyblue22 likes this.
  4. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

12,120 Messages
    7,465 Likes Received
    When was the last time some Cowboy fan didn’t describe some Cowboy player a beast? Plenty of Cowboys who have been anointed as lifetime beasts.

5. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

49,966 Messages
    54,608 Likes Received
    That changes this year, at least for 1 playoff game, then they may sit at home after that. :laugh:
    Actually it may be 2 playoff games. I think the NFC shifts this year as to what teams rise and fall. Except TB will be in the mix for sure.

I will be happy they just win the division, then see what happens from there. No SB aspirations, but I do expect them to win the division, unless WFT and NYG really surprise.

6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

99,886 Messages
    26,923 Likes Received
    I don't think they ever gave up, I do think the pressure of the moment in that key situations late in games be it offense or defense we do not tend to make the play to seal the game.
    Every game there are certain moments that tend to swing the game and this team has to learn to capitalize in those moments. I think we have a lot of good players but they need to learn how to win and often times it is that 1 big 3rd or 4th down you must convert or stop that ends up being the difference.

Techsass likes this.
  7. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

6,112 Messages
    8,087 Likes Received
    I think the tide is turning. I don’t expect a Super Bowl, but I do see a team that can compete and even be a playoff surprise if the D can come together. Just don’t look unprepared and outmatched. Losing a tight game is a heart breaker, but looking like you don’t belong there is even worse!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  8. TequilaCowboy

TequilaCowboy Well-Known Member

881 Messages
    1,084 Likes Received
    Probably back to '95....when everything else ended as well. Time as we know it, and Cowboys history. Excluding Tyrone Smith's first few years in the league, prior to his injuries.

9. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

12,021 Messages
    19,173 Likes Received
    MB III maybe

10. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

6,622 Messages
    8,531 Likes Received
    Marion Barber…. Been a while. In fact that’s the last current Cowboy Jersey that I bought.

GMO415 and bigE79 like this.
  11. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

12,021 Messages
    19,173 Likes Received
    Not a problem.

12. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

10,677 Messages
    7,417 Likes Received
    Good, extra work, no injuries allowed!

13. J-man

J-man Well-Known Member

1,257 Messages
    925 Likes Received
    I like the idea. these guys are going to be called upon to help this team so they need all the knowledge they can get

GMO415 likes this.
  14. nyc-cowboy

nyc-cowboy Well-Known Member

3,979 Messages
    4,143 Likes Received
    Rolando McClain?

GMO415 and EST_1986 like this.
  15. EST_1986

EST_1986 Well-Known Member

8,232 Messages
    11,688 Likes Received
    Zeke used to motion like he ate like a beast ...but he's a chubby baby's ***

GMO415 likes this.
  16. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

19,544 Messages
    24,001 Likes Received
    Considering how much better off we are this year, as compared to 2020, it's a great setup for the coaches, players and the fans!:thumbup:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021