Root of the Rico argument

waldoputty

Reaction score
if we had a competent coach, there would not be much argument if the head coach said a player is lacking

however, we have garrett, who many do not trust.
if we had a coach like belicheat, i suspect most will take the coach at his word about the worth of players.

unfortunately the best argument is garrett's self-preservation.
what if another team picks rico up and he balls out.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
if we had a competent coach, there would not be much argument if the head coach said a player is lacking

if we had a coach like belicheat, i suspect most will take garrett at his word about the worth of players.

lol, other than Amen Dola, name the last player we cut who balled out. As long as it's NIOBY Waldo. NIOBY? Not in our back yard. Rico will make it.

waldoputty

Reaction score
"Ifs" and "whats" were crackers and nuts!

but no butter @LocimusPrime @dallasdave

1200px-Saltine-Crackers.JPG

dd79402e574cd109.jpg

waldoputty

Reaction score
lol, other than Amen Dola, name the last player we cut who balled out. As long as it's NIOBY Waldo. NIOBY? Not in our back yard. Rico will make it.

for one, we should have kept martyb.
the coaches seem to have trouble with players that are more free spirits like rico, and sour the relationship with these players.
we also should have kept parnell over free.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Not a coach or player on the team seems to give a crap about him. You never hear a word from anybody about Rico like you do Lenoir, Brown, Swaim, and other guys.

That says a lot.

there was lots of positive words about rico before his concussion, including from witten.
he was put on ir and never returned even though most believe he should have healed.
i recall rico making comments being unhappy about being left on the ir, where he could not practice with the team.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

if we had a coach like belicheat, i suspect most will take the coach at his word about the worth of players.

what if another team pics rico up and he continues to stink it up and be average.

your argument is based on the ASSUMPTION that Rico is a baller....you haven't considered that he may not be given your bias towards hating garrett.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
for one, we should have kept martyb.
the coaches seem to have trouble with players that are more free spirits like rico, and sour the relationship with these players.
we also should have kept parnell over free.
well, lets not forget that Marty B played for 5 teams....it seems like a lot of coaches some with superbowl rings who have trouble with free spirited players....

I take Free over parnell who hasnt' really set the tackle world on fire...but I guess its a matte of preference.