Twitter: Ross: Teams with legit QB concerns

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Surtain is average speed-wise for a CB. He runs in the 4.5s. He got beat deep a few times during the SEC Championship Game, which is why I have doubts about him. For years, we have seen our CBs get beat deep against the fastest WRs in the league. Why should we draft another CB with average speed who can get beat deep?
Awizie has elite speed and he still gets burned deep, as he struggles to locate the football. It also doesn’t help when our safety always arrives too late.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Awizie has elite speed and he still gets burned deep, as he struggles to locate the football. It also doesn’t help when our safety always arrives too late.
Awuzie is going to be gone for that exact reason. Why would you want to draft someone who is slower but also gets beat deep?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Awuzie is going to be gone for that exact reason. Why would you want to draft someone who is slower but also gets beat deep?
Yes, Surtain isn't a burner, but he it doesn't mean his isn't a good player. This defensive scheme is all about protecting from the big passing plays and forcing defenses to take the underneath passes. Mind you the likes of Sherman and Browner excelled in this scheme, both weren't considered burners by any means, Surtain is actually a very good fit.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
QB “questions” doesn’t necessarily mean a QB “need”. Of all those teams I’d say 5 or fewer have a “need” for a QB. The rest have established starters that will be starting next season or multiple guys that will compete for the job.

-NO - Winston and Hill will compete for the job
-PIT - Depends on Ben...if he retires, they have a need.
-IND - They have a need
-LAR - Goff will start, they have no choice
-MIA - Tua
-CHI - Foles will start
-NE - They have a need
-WASH - Smith and Heinicke will compete for job
-DAL - Dak
-SF - Garrofolo will get another shot to stay healthy
-CAR - Teddy will start
-DEN - Lock will start, borderline need
-DET - Depends on Stafford, if he retires they have a need
-PHI - Wentz and Hurts will compete for the job
-HOU - Watson
-NYJ - They have a need
-JAX - Lawrence

J-man

Reaction score
His 4 year rookie contract is completed. The Bears did not pick up hist 5th year option. They would have to sign him or tag him(not likely) in order to retain his services. Would he take a one year deal to stay with the Bears? I doubt it and I doubt they sign him to a long term deal. Looks like they are stuck with Nick Foles for one more year while trying to find the long term solution.

Thanks for clarifying, I didn't realize they hadn't picked up his 5th year option.