Roster churning if Bledsoe can't play...

Stautner

Reaction score
FLcowboy said:
Hurd, Austin, and even Rector are dime a dozen wide receivers. None are going to get significant playing time this year, if any, and if a 6th WR was needed later this year, there are a lot of WRs stashed on practice squads around the league.

How many WRs will be drafted next year on the second day. They are a dime a dozen

I'm not prepared to say that, and i doubt Parcells is either. I don't think Parcells would have bothered to keep 6 WR's - almost unheard of with his teams - unless he saw what he thought was real potential. Neverthless, I could see one of them - probably Austin - getting cut if we were forced to make room for someone.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ninja said:
The point of this thread is that to make room for another Qb, to add to the roster, ONE person has to be cut! Who would that one person be? Suisham would be first choice as long as Vanderjagt can play. If not,...?

Why do people digress so much. I sometimes wonder if people can actually read.
As to why people digress. You can consider it a reaction to a less than stellar opening question.

What if, What IF, WHAT IF! EEEK!

If Bledsoe can't play AND we STILL have to keep two kickers? OH WOE! OH the HORROR!

give it a rest.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Stautner said:
I don't know that this works since Baker isn't on the active roster. I believe since he is on the practice squad there would have to be room made somewhere.

No because as a 3rd QB he is not on the active roster anyways he would be listed as an emergency QB. If Bledsoe goes down and has to miss a game he is place on the injury list and is inactive Baker steps in as backup.

Stautner

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
No because as a 3rd QB he is not on the active roster anyways he would be listed as an emergency QB. If Bledsoe goes down and has to miss a game he is place on the injury list and is inactive Baker steps in as backup.

By "active roster" I mean the 53 man roster. Henson was the 3rd QB last year and he was always on the 53 man roster.

I know it works the way you describe if a QB is on the 53 man roster and is listed as inactive for that game, but I'm not so sure that the same applies to a practice squad guy that isn't on the 53 man roster.