Roster moves you’d make?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cut olewale, weber, morris, jackson and fund a young back who can also return punts if needed. Put webber on the P.S.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why does Cowboyszone like Vet RBs so much?
The answer seems pretty simple. Fans generally like a back up they have seen have at least some success. A rookie is much less certain. That said, a rookie can change minds pretty quickly if he shows something g in the regular season.

DanA

Reaction score
why would we want a box only safety? I rather have safties with a little range....in spread offenses of today, the box safties get exposed.

where would we get a kicker? I guess wait for cuts from other teams.....

It’s not that I want a box safety only. I just think that’s all we can realistically get this late in the off-season and I’m quite happy with Heath/Woods in coverage so a good box safety would be helpful.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Because only Zeke can run thru open holes behind our OL. lol.
That's the way some people talk. When a player is certain ones favorite they think no one else can do the job and we can't survive without him. As this point only one player on the team we can't do without and that's the QB.

Pollard is much faster than Zeke by the way.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If rookies (Weber) don't show star potential by the 2nd preseason game, then that's it.

Young RB's are where it's at. I don't really ever want a vet RB unless the backs are just terrible.

It's such an easy position to play and you get better value in the draft almost always.

Let Weber play or pick up some other rookie that a team had to cut.

LittleD

Reaction score
why would we want a box only safety? I rather have safties with a little range....in spread offenses of today, the box safties get exposed.

We have one...his name is Heath and the coaches love him.

LittleD

Reaction score
Best plan for the Cowboys FO before the season starts...Keep those fines running on Zeke full speed. Apply to get back a pro-ration of his original signing bonus
if he doesn't show up. Hope he doesn't show up for the 1st 10 games of the season so that his salary this year will be close to zero. He will have to play next season or
he can just go fish. Pollard puts the Zeke question to bed for the season. Zeke can sleep with the fishes.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

Which is exactly why the Raiders would be willing to move on from a guy like Joseph.

I don't get the love affair with him, he doesn't make this team better.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Pollard looks like the real deal but he's not a 25 carry-per-game guy.

IMHO- If you are paying talent, you should play that talent. Even if Zeke returns, you should reduce his workload & let some of the other guys on the roster earn their pay.

If Zeke doesn't return, can Pollard carry it 25\game on a regular basis? Who knows but I don't want him to. I want him to get the bulk of the touches with whoever else getting their touches. Spread the work load.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMHO- If you are paying talent, you should play that talent. Even if Zeke returns, you should reduce his workload & let some of the other guys on the roster earn their pay.

If Zeke doesn't return, can Pollard carry it 25\game on a regular basis? Who knows but I don't want him to. I want him to get the bulk of the touches with whoever else getting their touches. Spread the work load.
Zeke only averaged 20 carries per game last season...