Roster moves you’d make?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Zeke only averaged 20 carries per game last season...

That seems to be right in the sweet spot. In 2018 the Cowboys ran 1022 offensive snaps with 527 being pass plays for a 51.5% pass play percentage. For simple math I split it 50\50. So that is 32 rushing attempts per game.
On average I would want the lead dog to get 15-22 of those snaps.
second guy to get 6-10
Dak to get 1-4 (true rushes, not just sneaks in short yardage)
rest for 3rd RB, FB, WR, etc.

Plenty of bodies to carry the load.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke only averaged 20 carries per game last season...

Of course he caught another 5 passes per game. In any case, the question about Pollard exists even if talking about 20 carries per game. The most usage Pollard ever got in a season in college was 5.6 carries per game (and 2.7 receptions per game).

dallasdave

Reaction score
If I were GM this is what I’d do:
- Find a new kicker. Maher is a 75% guy which isn’t nearly good enough.
- Flip Su’a Filo for a draft pick, he’s too good to just let go.
- Look for a new QB for the practice squad. Mike White is terrible.
- Cut Tyrone Crawford. I want to see Taco share RDE with Quinn. 7m a seasoin was worth it when we needed Crawford to start, once Quinn is back from suspension, Crawford is a backup.
- Trade for a safety. I reckon Oakland might deal Joseph cheaply given they drafted Abrams. Both are box only safeties.
- Trade for a 3rd RB. TJ Yeldon would be a good get and upgrade on Weber/Jackson/Morris.
- Look for an OT for the practice squad, I would gladly put another one on the roster if they were decent but it’s hard/impossible to find one.
- Likewise with blocking TE, hard to find this time of year.
Cut Crawford :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Because only Zeke can run thru open holes behind our OL. lol.

Zeke gained 58% of his yards last season after contact. Shocking, I know, given there's nothing but "open holes" with our OL. lol.

Sydla

Reaction score
If I were GM this is what I’d do:
- Find a new kicker. Maher is a 75% guy which isn’t nearly good enough.
- Flip Su’a Filo for a draft pick, he’s too good to just let go.
- Look for a new QB for the practice squad. Mike White is terrible.
- Cut Tyrone Crawford. I want to see Taco share RDE with Quinn. 7m a seasoin was worth it when we needed Crawford to start, once Quinn is back from suspension, Crawford is a backup.
- Trade for a safety. I reckon Oakland might deal Joseph cheaply given they drafted Abrams. Both are box only safeties.
- Trade for a 3rd RB. TJ Yeldon would be a good get and upgrade on Weber/Jackson/Morris.
- Look for an OT for the practice squad, I would gladly put another one on the roster if they were decent but it’s hard/impossible to find one.
- Likewise with blocking TE, hard to find this time of year.

- Filo gets you a late round pick, at best. If you are fine with that, then I can see trading him. I wouldn't right now but it's not a horrible idea.

- The kicker thing boggles my mind. You are right. They should have brought in another kicker for competition for Maher.

- I'd be all over a Karl Joseph trade. He seems to fit what Richard wants to do at the SS more than Jeff Heath.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With Covington and Hyder here, I think we should move on from Crawford

Not to mention young guys with potential and upside like Jelks and Joe Jackson.

I'd hate to lose either of them so we can hold into and overpay Crawford for another year and then worry about where to play him.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I'd trade Elliot.
I'd sign Jones and Cooper
I'd fire the entire coaching staff, training staff and all...the only person who stays is Richards...
a new kicker
a pr and kr would be nice...

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I'd trade Elliot.
I'd sign Jones and Cooper
I'd fire the entire coaching staff, training staff and all...the only person who stays is Richards...
a new kicker
a pr and kr would be nice...

Agreed . Elliot is too much drama now , his diva show (business negotiations) is getting into insane levels .