Drafted by Cowboys Round 3 pick 87 Dallas Cowboys take LB Marist Liufau Notre Dame

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Yeah seems like a big time reach.
Most evaluations I've seen were 5th round.
I like Eichenberg a lot more and I wouldn't have used my 3rd on him.
Eich can't cover and is a straight ahead run stopper. Poor agility.

conner01

Reaction score
yes there are three plus there's always a surprise but one of the ones that are fan favorites with the guy from Notre Dame and Allen and then the guy from Kentucky is supposed to be pretty damn good now will they get him I mean what else could they draft in the fifth round and they better not be Spencer rattler although that would be interesting we already wasted 1/4 rounder on Trey Lance so it has to be their target to get one of these three guys in the fifth round...
Not having a 4th will impact the RB

Verdict

Reaction score
Some of you think this kid was a reach and we could have selected him in the 5th or 6th round...Why? Because you did 1000 mock drafts and you're an expert now? This kid is a solid get and he is going to bring some intensity to the defense. Is he a starter in year one, probably not, but he is going to bring it and he will earn his stripes. Time will tell.
The cowboys will do something and get back into the 4th round and get that RB...count on it.
The Cowboys may trade back into the 4th round if they really like a RB but this is reported to be a weak RB class. If so there may not be much difference between a 4th round rb and an udfa in this class.

It is looking like a possibility that the Cowboys view Zeke as a good of a placeholder as a late round back. In that event it’s easier to trade for a RB mid season than most positions. The Cowboys can probably add a better RB mid season via trade than they can draft out of this weak draft class.

Verdict

Reaction score
Dude has had over 10 surgeries dating back to high school.

Both shoulders have been operated on and his right knee has had multiple operations.

He has no ACL in his right knee.......................it was reported on Twitter that most of the NFL teams "medically red flagged" him as a one-contract only player.

Cant fault the Cowboys for taking a pass on Wilson, but Liufau seems like a reach in the 3rd.
A player like that should be back on the radar as a 6th or 7th round pick. You get what you get out of the player at his high level of play and then move on if he can’t play anymore.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Given they have no 4th round pick, I would have taken Lloyd instead of the LB. I have no problem drafting a guy like Liufau, you have to love the hair on fire guys. But I don't know a worth RB will be there at the bottom of the 5th.

Could we see a trade up into the 4th round by Dallas? They could trade their 4th next year to move up this year.
100% its Zimmers influence,they wee doing so well and went away from BPA.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not having a 4th will impact the RB
yes, you are correct but there are still 3 good running backs left it's possible that one falls to us maybe they trade up.. I mean there are more than three ,I'm just saying there are three that have the names that people recognize...

I realize we got Tony Pollard in the fourth round and having a fourth round would be nice.. I don't know what they're going to do today maybe they trade up into the fourth round maybe they use next year's 4th and 5th if they want to running back that bad but maybe one of these guys will be left?? I don't know what teams are ahead of us that need running backs there are three with names that there are other ones to be had... you can get an undrafted guy maybe there's someone on their list I don't know man we're just sitting here chewing the fat.... I'd like to see the entire list of running backs that are left that could be drafted not the Notre Dame guy or Alan or the guy from Kentucky because those are are known guys but who are the sleepers who are this year's pachenko you know Kansas City 7th rounder there's gotta be a guy there maybe they have a target I'd like to see that list someone should start a what running back should be taken between rounds 4 through 7 or undrafted that are available gotta have some sleeper names here...

conner01

Reaction score
yes, you are correct but there are still 3 good running backs left it's possible that one falls to us maybe they trade up.. I mean there are more than three ,I'm just saying there are three that have the names that people recognize...

I realize we got Tony Pollard in the fourth round and having a fourth round would be nice.. I don't know what they're going to do today maybe they trade up into the fourth round maybe they use next year's 4th and 5th if they want to running back that bad but maybe one of these guys will be left?? I don't know what teams are ahead of us that need running backs there are three with names that there are other ones to be had... you can get an undrafted guy maybe there's someone on their list I don't know man we're just sitting here chewing the fat.... I'd like to see the entire list of running backs that are left that could be drafted not the Notre Dame guy or Alan or the guy from Kentucky because those are are known guys but who are the sleepers who are this year's pachenko you know Kansas City 7th rounder there's gotta be a guy there maybe they have a target I'd like to see that list someone should start a what running back should be taken between rounds 4 through 7 or undrafted that are available gotta have some sleeper names here...
Some will fall but but the most talented won’t. It’s a lot of picks between our last pick in the third and our first in the 5th. Someone will be there it’s just will they be an impact player. Hopefully they scouted RB really deep

boro

Reaction score
I believe he was their guy (obviously) and reached a bit because they don’t have a 4th and wanted to make sure they got their guy
I believe this also. A late 5th to boot. Shore up the lb spot some and see who falls. Dallas usually finds good rbs. Well I hope they do this draft. I would like to see if Atlanta would part with Allgeier.

conner01

Reaction score
The injury itself healed, but Jaylon never got over the mental aspect of it.

Dude played like he was scared to death, literally jumping into the air making tackles so his foot/knee would not get pinned under a pile.

It happens to a lot of athletes that suffer gruesome injuries, they physically heal but they are never mentally the same because the fear of getting injured again never leaves their mind.
I’m sure some was mental but physically he was never the same either. The mental aspect is huge and I think pollard dealt with that a lot last year

blueblood70

Reaction score
Some will fall but but the most talented won’t. It’s a lot of picks between our last pick in the third and our first in the 5th. Someone will be there it’s just will they be an impact player. Hopefully they scouted RB really deep
I don't know what you mean by that Brock Purdy and Tom Brady we're 6th and 7th round picks Terrell Davis 6th round pick for the Broncos pachenko seventh round pick for the Kansas City Chiefs I mean there are guys with talent beyond the draft as well that's what I'm saying so yes I hope they have a nice list and if these three guys fall off but don't say they're not talented they literally are I mean they're off the big board they were supposed to go in the first two days those are guys left on the big board you know they were ranked to be picked between rounds one and three those 3 running backs are still there in the fourth round if one of them falls to the Cowboys and the 5th then how is that less talented that's just they slipped in the draft happens though lots of players we had undrafted players like Kurt Warner wins Super Bowls matter of fact there are more undrafted players with Super Bowl then guys from the first round... I'm just saying don't say there's no talent late in rounds there are you saying the most talented there wasn't really any big gap between a very injured ACL and brooks and these other three guys... But you can find a running back Leighton rounds or one like that's on somebody's list that's a sleeper and they are as talented.. You do realize the draft is not an exact science and people slip all the time there are guys not invited to the draft who are as good as some first rounders you just have to know who they are you have to have a good scout team you have to have a big list.. Which by the way the Cowboys been pretty successful with undrafted free agents

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I was not on board last night but the more I read about Liufau the more I like.

Real strong, physical, and fast guy. Needs to learn to play a little more under control and not overrun plays, but all the measurables are there. The Cowboys clearly see him as a fit for what they want to do defensively.

Having said all of this, I wouldn't be shocked if they move some 2025 draft assets to get back into the 4th round for a running back or DT this afternoon. Only real glaring holes left.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The 2020 draft was a very, very good one. Great in fact.

Yet they still managed to shove Reggie Robinson into the fourth round.

They can’t help themselves. Personally I think it’s about giving their way to certain assistants as opposed to scouts, but can’t say for sure.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I don't know what you mean by that Brock Purdy and Tom Brady we're 6th and 7th round picks Terrell Davis 6th round pick for the Broncos pachenko seventh round pick for the Kansas City Chiefs I mean there are guys with talent beyond the draft as well that's what I'm saying so yes I hope they have a nice list and if these three guys fall off but don't say they're not talented they literally are I mean they're off the big board they were supposed to go in the first two days those are guys left on the big board you know they were ranked to be picked between rounds one and three those 3 running backs are still there in the fourth round if one of them falls to the Cowboys and the 5th then how is that less talented that's just they slipped in the draft happens though lots of players we had undrafted players like Kurt Warner wins Super Bowls matter of fact there are more undrafted players with Super Bowl then guys from the first round... I'm just saying don't say there's no talent late in rounds there are you saying the most talented there wasn't really any big gap between a very injured ACL and brooks and these other three guys... But you can find a running back Leighton rounds or one like that's on somebody's list that's a sleeper and they are as talented.. You do realize the draft is not an exact science and people slip all the time there are guys not invited to the draft who are as good as some first rounders you just have to know who they are you have to have a good scout team you have to have a big list.. Which by the way the Cowboys been pretty successful with undrafted free agents
What is the percentage of Pro Bowl and ALL PROs that were picked in the fifth and lower? Exceptions prove nothing.

gtb1943

Reaction score
The 2020 draft was a very, very good one. Great in fact.

Yet they still managed to shove Reggie Robinson into the fourth round.

They can’t help themselves. Personally I think it’s about giving their way to certain assistants as opposed to scouts, but can’t say for sure.
A decently run organization will have a good scouting staff. The vast majority of drafting stupidity belongs to coaches and GMs

boro

Reaction score
I was going through and reading about the rbs that are left. A guy that I don’t see many people talking about is the Rb from Purdue. Just looking around

gtb1943

Reaction score
I was going through and reading about the rbs that are left. A guy that I don’t see many people talking about is the Rb from Purdue. Just looking around
a GOOD OL will make an average back look like a Pro Bowler
for some years back in the early 90's I believe Denver had a system that got four separate players in four years to 1000 yds a season and they never did anything anywhere else