Drafted by Cowboys Round 3 pick 87 Dallas Cowboys take LB Marist Liufau Notre Dame

Robster8989

Reaction score
Eich can't cover and is a straight ahead run stopper. Poor agility.
Your dis of Eichenberg is exactly why I like him with a Day 3 pick.
He can cover just fine too, though you're right, his strength is run stopping.
Don't we have enough LBs who are like Safety hybrids?
I think we need a 2 down LB who can step in and shut down the run, and using a 5th rounder on that guy is fine. He's likely going to replaced by an extra DB on passing downs. He has much better instincts in the run game that Liafau, and as I said I would NOT have used a Day 2 picks on Eich either. I just feel we reached for Liafau. I would have taken Braelon Allen, who fills an immediate need, or Mckinley Jackson, who also fills a need. We needed a LB too, I just don't think Liafau justified a Day 2 picks.
We'll see though. I like him, he's got quite a motor, and he's not 210 LBs, just think you could have had him later.

quickccc

Reaction score
Instincts .... that's what I wanna know most

Damon Clark has size and athleticism, was an finalist for Butkus award in college,... but he has not displayed top instincts and big playmaking ability since he's entered the NFL.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Instincts .... that's what I wanna know most

Damon Clark has size and athleticism, was an finalist for Butkus award in college,... but he has not displayed top instincts and big playmaking ability since he's entered the NFL.
has not shown real good Football IQ either. Our new LB is supposedly strong there so that alone makes him better.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
People go crazy over these picks. Some work out some don’t that’s the nature of it. Half the guys drafted in the first round are out of football in what 3-4 years.

We liked him for a reason. Don’t think he’d be there later. To be honest I trust Mike zimmmer and will mcclay.

We don’t get enough credit for our good draft picks… But we’ve drafted as well as any team over the past decade… talent has never been a problem. You can’t hit on every pick. It’s just not possible
Great post, I like this draft myself . Because I believe it is being created by Zimmer's influence added in . The LB Liufau from Notre Dame will be an A and B gap blitzer in the current D scheme.If the Guyton pick pans out this will go down as a solid draft.Beebe will be a beast, will Dallas convert him to Center, he is country strong.And the DE from W Michigan looks like a player on film.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Was thinking the same thing.....Kendricks clone. Woke up this morning....and saw this.....So maybe the pick isn't as bad as it seemed @ the moment.

I hear he plays with the same energy, grit, and intensity as Puka.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Great post, I like this draft myself . Because I believe it is being created by Zimmer's influence added in . The LB Liufau from Notre Dame will be an A and B gap blitzer in the current D scheme.If the Guyton pick pans out this will go down as a solid draft.Beebe will be a beast, will Dallas convert him to Center, he is country strong.And the DE from W Michigan looks like a player on film.
Truth.

The CooperB pick was outstanding.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
How ppl can complain about this pick. Just because he was “projected” to go later? Kid seems like the type of physical player this defense needs.

Nobody noticed us getting gashed in the run over the years. This guy…
Kendricks…overshawn already sounding better
Zoners know much more about the scouts. We have the best judges of talent anywhere on the face of the earth.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
LOL.... what world is he living in.....he was projected to be at least the 5th round pick... :muttley: He is not the run stopper LB in the middle this team needs.
One mans trash is anothers gold. We cant get same evaluations from differents scouts

deerhunter11

Reaction score
Irish fan here. He was moved all over playing at ND and was really never allowed to settle in at any one position. Give him one spot to stay in and he will do a job for you. He is very smart and a high character guy.
Thanks for the info.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Truth.

The CooperB pick was outstanding.
I think Cooper may turn out to be the best player in the Cowboys draft. Zack Martin type career. Just a hunch of course.
The conundrum is where....OG or C.. I think you limit his potential at C. He could replace Martin after next season and you don't miss a beat. That says a lot. Good problem to have, I guess.

McMicah

Reaction score
The 49ers were going to give them 135 for moving down 7 spots. They could have had him at 97 or 135.
Where did you hear this? I heard they had offers but that’s the first time I heard a specific example

McMicah

Reaction score
Here’s my take on Marist. If the Cowboys got an offer to move back less than 10 spots for a 4th, I wish they would have taken it. That said, I don’t hate this pick at all.

For those screaming for a RB over this pick, I hear you, but I wonder if the new kickoff rule is the difference maker here. I think it’s going to impact rosters and game outcomes more than people think