Drafted by Cowboys Round 3 pick 87 Dallas Cowboys take LB Marist Liufau Notre Dame

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Minus the drop foot jaylon was good lol his college game was really good but he was never the same after that

Overview​

Angular linebacker with endless energy but a level of impatience that can occasionally pull him out of positioning. Liufau plays with good short-area burst and a willingness to step downhill and leverage his gaps. At times, he will move unnecessarily and get trapped behind a second-level blocker or lose track of where the play is headed. Liufau offers third-down value as a spot dropper with good field awareness and might have enough man-cover talent to line up over big slot targets from time to time. He appears to lack the instincts to be a consistent tackle-maker as a pro but does have the qualities to potentially compete as a nickel linebacker with special teams value as a Day 3 pick.

Like I said...sounds a lot like how Jaylon played in the NFL. All over the place, but usually in the wrong place. Hope I'm wrong but this seems like a big reach.

Eddie

Reaction score
Could have gotten in the 4th ... if we had a fourth. This is where the Trey Lance trade forked us.

tm1119

Reaction score
45 solo tackles in 25 starts isn’t exactly encouraging for a LB.

And it’s very obvious that Peyton Wilson was medically red flagged. 0 other explanation why he hasn’t been drafted yet. He was never going to be the pick for good reason.

But still would have much rather gotten a RB or WR with this pick and filled LB depth in the 5th.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
From Walter Football:

Dallas Cowboys: Marist Liufau, LB, Notre Dame – A Grade
The Cowboys lost Leighton Vander Esch, so they had to find a new linebacker. Marist Liufau is a potential solid replacement, as he has terrific athleticism, speed, and upside. I thought he’d go earlier than this, perhaps even the second round, so I love the value.​

I hope he's right.
LOL.... what world is he living in.....he was projected to be at least the 5th round pick... :muttley: He is not the run stopper LB in the middle this team needs.

Mark

Reaction score
Head-scratcher, for sure. At least it wasn't in the second round this year.

conner01

Reaction score

Overview​

Angular linebacker with endless energy but a level of impatience that can occasionally pull him out of positioning. Liufau plays with good short-area burst and a willingness to step downhill and leverage his gaps. At times, he will move unnecessarily and get trapped behind a second-level blocker or lose track of where the play is headed. Liufau offers third-down value as a spot dropper with good field awareness and might have enough man-cover talent to line up over big slot targets from time to time. He appears to lack the instincts to be a consistent tackle-maker as a pro but does have the qualities to potentially compete as a nickel linebacker with special teams value as a Day 3 pick.

Like I said...sounds a lot like how Jaylon played in the NFL. All over the place, but usually in the wrong place. Hope I'm wrong but this seems like a big reach.
Zimmer liked the pick. He similar to Kendrick who was a stud with Zimmer and he gets to learn from Kendrick here

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
So the Lbers on the roster now are, Clark, Buddy, Kendricks, Liufau, Overshown, Parsons, who else?