Drafted by Cowboys Round 3 pick 87 Dallas Cowboys take LB Marist Liufau Notre Dame

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don't mind them taking a guy like this but not with a 3rd round pick. He was a consensus 5th/6th. Special teams guy at best. That's a reach by all accounts in the 3rd.

Maybe, but, this is a consequence of the Trey Lance trade, they don't pick in round 4. So, we need LB, and he's a need. He does a lot of what we need from him. I don't mind this pick one bit.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
did you miss where he’s graded poorly against the run? group think isn’t always right, just don’t understand why they’re always on the outside of consensus. he may be good, just not too enthralled
Stop going from what others say and watch film on the player and see for yourself.

I never understand how people dislike players cause somebody else said it or they never heard of the player.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe, but, this is a consequence of the Trey Lance trade, they don't pick in round 4. So, we need LB, and he's a need. He does a lot of what we need from him. I don't mind this pick one bit.
We need a linebacker who doesn’t struggle against the run, he is decent in coverage though.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Guys, ignore the ratings, even by guys who sell magazines by doing it. Trust the scouts and coaches who know what they are looking for. Offball LBs are all listed together now instead of middle and outside. The downhill thumpers who take on and get off blocks are never rated as highly as the coverage LBs.

We already have Clark, Overshown, and Parsons and chase ‘em down side to side LBs. our only MLB is Kendricks who is 32 and on a one year contract. This will be his backup and heir. Zimmer will play more 3 LB sets than we’ve seen in a long time. Not all LB positions are equal. The LBs rated ahead of this guy are not MLBs. It was probably this guy or gamble you get Ford from Texas later.

stiletto

Reaction score
Besides the injured LBer that dropped there were still 3 or 4 LB'ers ranked higher than this guy they could've taken. It's a Zimmer pick, saw something he liked. I don't think these coaches should be getting much say in our future players quite honestly...

John813

Reaction score
Besides the injured LBer that dropped there were still 3 or 4 LB'ers ranked higher than this guy they could've taken. It's a Zimmer pick, saw something he liked. I don't think these coaches should be getting much say in our future players quite honestly...
A coach on a 1 year deal, why not?

Proof

Reaction score
Stop going from what others say and watch film on the player and see for yourself.

I never understand how people dislike players cause somebody else said it or they never heard of the player.
tell me you watched his film. i dare you. there are hundreds of players available and I have a life that I already devote far too much time following the draft. At some point experts play a role. but sure, now that he’s on the team Ill check him out, as will you

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I would love Jaylen Wright tbh.
Breakaway speed is insane.
I would love to finally get a RB that actually had home run speed. He will probably go in the 4th round right around the pick we would of had if we didn't waste it on Trey Lance.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The problem is getting him in the third.....Zimmer can like him, but they could have gotten him in the 5th....more or less where he was projected. There was still some great talent here in the 3rd... SMDH........
They are projections.

How long have you been watching the draft?

How many times have every player got drafted where they are projected?

How many times have players drafted in late rounds turn out to be stars?

How many times have players bust that were first round picks?

The point is nobody knows if he would have been available in the 5th round or not. To say it as facts is wrong and just a "projection" on your part.

Also remember Dallas doesn't have another pick for almost 2 rounds and maybe no trade partner. Take the guy you want now instead of getting cute and losing out. He could bust or be great, we will see

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
tell me you watched his film. i dare you. there are hundreds of players available and I have a life that I already devote far too much time following the draft. At some point experts play a role. but sure, now that he’s on the team Ill check him out, as will you
I haven't said he was great, bad or a reach so not sure what film I watch has anything to do with it.

I never let "experts" tell me what to think on a player if I haven't done my own research and I will never say it's a terrible pick...... without doing my own research.

Proof

Reaction score
I haven't said he was great, bad or a reach so not sure what film I watch has anything to do with it.

I never let "experts" tell me what to think on a player if I haven't done my own research and I will never say it's a terrible pick...... without doing my own research.
experts didn’t tell me it was a bad pick. my own research left me wondering what they saw and their history of bucking trends and consensus with poor results led me to be underwhelmed. the only thing expert i referenced was someone posting he grades well in coverage and not so well against the run in response to someone saying he helps out run defense. it was an odd pick

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
The fact that 22 other teams look at Wilson as a “one contract player” makes me like this pick even more. It also shows me at least half of this board is clueless.. I’ll leave it to the professionals, thank you.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
experts didn’t tell me it was a bad pick. my own research left me wondering what they saw and their history of bucking trends and consensus with poor results led me to be underwhelmed. the only thing expert i referenced was someone posting he grades well in coverage and not so well against the run in response to someone saying he helps out run defense. it was an odd pick
So you did your research but just a minute ago you talked about having a life and not watching film on the guy and have to trust the experts.......