Drafted by Cowboys Round 6 Pick 216 Dallas Cowboys Draft WR Ryan Flournoy SE Missouri State

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Wake Forest CB Caelen Carson on what the Cowboys are getting: “Gritty player. Somebody that is gonna do whatever for the team, play special teams, play nickel, play outside, so you got versatility. And just a competitive dude. I’m competitive by nature. My personality might be quiet but on the field it’s a whole different personality.”

On if his game is similar to any current NFL cornerbacks: “I think my game is like Jaycee Horn, but I feel like his is a lot more mature. His is a lot more consistent when he plays. But I feel like at my peak, I can be that type of player and that caliber corner.”

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Wake Forest CB Caelen Carson on what the Cowboys are getting: “Gritty player. Somebody that is gonna do whatever for the team, play special teams, play nickel, play outside, so you got versatility. And just a competitive dude. I’m competitive by nature. My personality might be quiet but on the field it’s a whole different personality.”

On if his game is similar to any current NFL cornerbacks: “I think my game is like Jaycee Horn, but I feel like his is a lot more mature. His is a lot more consistent when he plays. But I feel like at my peak, I can be that type of player and that caliber corner.”

Did you drop this in the right thread?

Bigdog

Reaction score
Was hoping for Rice but sounds like a good player.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS
Elite NFL frame and athleticism - blew up the combine with 90 plus percentiles in both broad jump and vertical
Proven strong, reliable hands and maintains focus through contact.
Effective downfield route-runner with a natural instinct for exploiting coverage weaknesses.
Commended for his coachability and team-first attitude, enhancing team dynamics.
Boasts a robust vertical leap and speed, making him a substantial deep threat.
Can effectively handle physicality at the line and uses size to his advantage in route-running - classic X-receiver.
SHowed he could compete against high-level talent at the Senior Bowl.
Versitile enough to operate outside or from the slot

SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES​

• Lacks the short-area quickness required for sharp route breaks
  • Perimeter blocking is suboptimal; needs to leverage his physicality better to support the run game.
  • Predictability in routes when not the primary target can telegraph plays to defenders.
  • Dependency on physical tools over technique at the catch point leads to unnecessary contested catches.
  • Overaged for a rookie
  • Not an elite route runner - often rounds them off and looks a little sloppy relying on raw athletic ability
  • Only ever played against a lower level of competition - D-II, JUCO, and FCS

SCOUTING REPORT: SUMMARY​

Ryan Flournoy is a physical player with the tangibles that scream upside in the later rounds of the draft. His combine numbers are off the charts, showcasing elite explosiveness and agility that make him a vertical threat and a mismatch in jump-ball scenarios. However, his time against lower-tier competition leaves questions about his ability to hold up against much better DBs he'll see in the pro game.

On tape, Flournoy flashes the ability to win with his frame and speed, capitalizing on mismatches in the red zone and stretching defenses deep. Yet, his route tree is somewhat raw, and his releases against press coverage can lack the finesse needed. Moreover, his age suggests a narrower window for developmental strides, making his rookie impact a critical evaluation point.

Overall, Flournoy's draft stock hinges on his ceiling as a dynamic playmaker who can be schemed into space and utilized for his YAC (yards after catch) capabilities. If he can develop a more sophisticated route inventory and improve his engagement as a blocker, he has the makings of a solid rotational piece in an NFL offense.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Ryan-Flournoy-WR-SoutheastMissouriState

Seems like most of his weaknesses are coachable. We'll see but he's got potential.

J12B

Reaction score

Wrong thread :facepalm: