Drafted by Cowboys Round 7 Pick 218 RB Mike Weber Ohio State

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It’s a 7th round pick. The Cowboys are just hoping he can make the team.
still SMH last year Phillip Lindsey went UD , went to pro bowl..hmm just hope huh..players make their own destiny, practice hard, work out hard, earn laying time and show out..heck its long shot but these 2 RBs play well enough Zeke might not make his big pay day..

Rayman70

Reaction score
Predraft, Lindy’s has Weber rated higher than Miles Sanders, who the Eagles took in the 2nd? 3rd? But guess which team will get criticized by “experts”?
we get criticized for ALL THINGS, period. MANY here on this board had Weber in round 3-4 even. SOME had him rated even higher.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I like Pollard n Weber, surprised both are Cowboys now but hey more speed the better.

Besides Zeke...Chunn, Pollard n Weber are my guys should be a fun camp battle at RB.

Rayman70

Reaction score
anything we get at all after Hill,McGovern and Cooper is pure gravy you all. Look at it that way. Three legit starters aint bad. But may end up better down the road.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Predraft, Lindy’s has Weber rated higher than Miles Sanders, who the Eagles took in the 2nd? 3rd? But guess which team will get criticized by “experts”?

LOL...….so the entire NFL passed on this guy for 20 other backs because he was great right?

NOBODY in the NFL thought he was worth a bag of chips. But your the genius that knows he is a star in the making right?

blueblood70

Reaction score
LOL...….so the entire NFL passed on this guy for 20 other backs because he was great right?

NOBODY in the NFL thought he was worth a bag of chips. But your the genius that knows he is a star in the making right?
so the entire draft passed on other UDFSA that made it big? Last year RB Phillip Lindsey NOT DRAFTED/ NOT invited to Combine..odd dude made the PB in Denver..your premise is flawed, players fall Tom Brady need a say more .. ok Romo, Kurt warner ,others..i could do reserch and show more

Denver Broncos legend, NFL Hall of Famer and entrepreneur, Terrell Davis was born October 28, 1972 and had a historic career from 1995 to 2001. Davis was drafted by the Broncos in the sixth round (196th pick overall) of the 1995 NFL Draft. HMM Interesting hUh the entire draft let him get to 196 and he helped Elway finally win a SB ..phacking blows my mind lol theres more how about a search for all UD or late round PB /HOF players? dudes picked off the isle bagging at home depot turned PB..? yes other teams are wrong , how many QBs went ahead of Dak and at this point were those 7 better then Dak? no they are not..debatable on few but wow teams do make mistakes..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
so the entire draft passed on other UDFSA that made it big? Last year RB Phillip Lindsey NOT DRAFTED/ NOT invited to Combine..odd dude made the PB in Denver..your premise is flawed, players fall Tom Brady need a say more .. ok Romo, Kurt warner ,others..i could do reserch and show more

Denver Broncos legend, NFL Hall of Famer and entrepreneur, Terrell Davis was born October 28, 1972 and had a historic career from 1995 to 2001. Davis was drafted by the Broncos in the sixth round (196th pick overall) of the 1995 NFL Draft. HMM Interesting hUh the entire draft let him get to 196 and he helped Elway finally win a SB ..phacking blows my mind lol theres more how about a search for all UD or late round PB /HOF players? dudes picked off the isle bagging at home depot turned PB..? yes other teams are wrong , how many QBs went ahead of Dak and at this point were those 7 better then Dak? no they are not..debatable on few but wow teams do make mistakes..

What was all that 1 in a million talk? LOL

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
still SMH last year Phillip Lindsey went UD , went to pro bowl..hmm just hope huh..players make their own destiny, practice hard, work out hard, earn laying time and show out..heck its long shot but these 2 RBs play well enough Zeke might not make his big pay day..
My point wasn’t that it’s impossible for a late pick to succeed, it’s that the odds are too long to plan for the future based on it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
My point wasn’t that it’s impossible for a late pick to succeed, it’s that the odds are too long to plan for the future based on it.
Phack the odds bro, theres seven rounds players get picked some first rounders bust some 7 rounders make it, it evens out stop over thinking this, players are players..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phack the odds bro, theres seven rounds players get picked some first rounders bust some 7 rounders make it, it evens out stop over thinking this, players are players..
So, you are saying a team can make plans on how they want the roster to shape up over time with a 7th round player the same as with a 1st rounder. Hell, let’s just trade our first 6 picks every year for about 15-20 7th rounders since the odds off success are the same regardless of the round drafted! Why hasn’t anyone figured this out before?

Hell, we are set at safety with that 6th round pick this year - we can plan for the future based on him working out great.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So, you are saying a team can make plans on how they want the roster to shape up over time with a 7th round player the same as with a 1st rounder. Hell, let’s just trade our first 6 picks every year for about 15-20 7th rounders since the odds off success are the same regardless of the round drafted! Why hasn’t anyone figured this out before?

Hell, we are set at safety with that 6th round pick this year - we can plan for the future based on him working out great.
Im saying you dont own or run the team nor have job with pro sports team so your opinion is yours , doesnt make it correct..im done let them play debate in afew years thats the only way to know for sure..

you internet GMs make me laugh..just let them play..then say the Cowboys were dumb stupid wrong blah blah blah..

ESisback

Reaction score

I’ll take Lindy’s predraft analysis over the consistently negative whining of internet gurus any day of the week, but thanks!

Oh yeah, I’ll take the judgement of the Cowboys FO as well!

Hardline

Reaction score
They can hang out again.

CL_lVxAWIAAnD0f.jpg

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They can hang out again.

CL_lVxAWIAAnD0f.jpg
I remember a video of Ohio State's rb coach calling Zeke to tell him that Weber was his replacement as the Buckeyes starting rb. I can't find the video, but here's one of coach Alford telling Weber's parents that he was the starter.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im saying you dont own or run the team nor have job with pro sports team so your opinion is yours , doesnt make it correct..im done let them play debate in afew years thats the only way to know for sure..

you internet GMs make me laugh..just let them play..then say the Cowboys were dumb stupid wrong blah blah blah..
Lol - this comment amounts to nothing more than just sayin “nu uh”. You are giving your opinion just like I’m giving mine, but the difference is mine is backed by the irrefutable fact that 7th round draft picks rarely become impact players, while you are ridiculously acting as if because an occasional 7th rounder does make an impact that teams plan as if they are likely to be impact players. NFL teams know the history and facts, and you are arguing against history and facts.

After a draft, how many times have you heard a team claim that they found their franchise QB, or bell cow RB, or even a top level back up that can be counted on to solidify the depth and that may develop into a starter? Every team every year, right? Now, how many have they said that while referring to a 7th round pick?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.