Drafted by Cowboys Round 7 Pick 241 DE Jalen Jelks Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like the Jackson's, and the last two picks. The Pollard pick kinda hurts me. I would have selected isaiah Johnson thinking Pollard had a better chance to fall...
The Texas A&M safety is very meh, I really want this team to start valuing the safety spot more than they do.
But yeah I think day 3 kinda salvaged the draft a little for me.
Not expecting more than Kavon Frazier II out of Wilson

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dallas currently has this DE depth chart (I'm assuming Tyrone Crawford shifts to tackle again):

DeMarcus Lawrence, Robert Quinn, Taco Charlton, Dorance Armstrong, Kerry Hyder, Joe Jackson, Jalen Jelks, and maybe Randy Gregory.

Quinn and Hyder are only on one year deals, but somebody clearly has to go. Maybe they trade Taco for a mid round pick in 2020.

Rayman70

Reaction score
HE'S a project but I like the pick. Joe Jackson is another DE we took and let me tell ya, the dude is a load off the edge...heavy handed and powerful. LOVE THAT PICK and the value. He is the guy that will make or break Taco and even Armstrong.

cowboyec

Reaction score
really like Jelks...nice pick.
really like these 2 young'ns at DE...Jackson n Jelks.

Gaede

Reaction score
I like this one too. This is the dude with the really long arms, right?

Wood

Reaction score
HE'S a project but I like the pick. Joe Jackson is another DE we took and let me tell ya, the dude is a load off the edge...heavy handed and powerful. LOVE THAT PICK and the value. He is the guy that will make or break Taco and even Armstrong.

Joe Jackson is atleast 2 years away. Not sure where Dallas puts him because right now he has zero pass rush moves.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I gotta be honest he’s the 3rd best pure DE on the team already. He’s going to make this team. I watch Oregon a lot and he has traits you can’t teach. He has elite closing speed to chase down and finish the play. He also has an elite motor. He needs work on his moves. Those things can hopefully be taught. But I’m telling you he is better than Taco, Armstrong, and Jackson.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Both Jelks and Hollins were pet cats of mine, this was one of Dallas' best picks.

He needs to add some strength, and pass rush moves but the talent is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.