Rounds 1.2, 3 and UDFA

malbis030347

Reaction score
SEEMS LIKE WE DO OK ON ROUNDS 1-3 AND THAN MAYBE ONE PLAYER MAKES THE ROSTER FROM ROUNDS 4-7 BUT AT LEAST 2 UDFA MAKE THE TEAM EVERY YEAR...WHY NOT TRADE ROUNDS 4-7 FOR ANOTHER 3 AND CALL IT A DAY?

Last edited by a moderator:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
SEEMS LIKE WE DO OK ON ROUNDS 1-3 AND THAN MAYBE ONE PLAYER MAKES THE ROSTER FROM ROUNDS 4-7 BUT AT LEAST 2 UDFA MAKE THE TEAM EVERY YEAR...WHY NOT TRADE ROUNDS 4-7 FOR ANOTHER 3 AND CALL IT A DAY?
You can't go all bold letters on here people will say you're yelling at them! Yes we do seem to find that one or so UDFA that we like a lot

Last edited by a moderator:

75boyz

Reaction score
Last year's 1st thru 3rd round draft picks sucked so there's no where to go but up this year.

But I agree on last years UDFAs Aubry and Bass as being outstanding pickups.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
For starters you don’t have a 4th rounder so you probably couldn’t pull off a trade up into the 3rd if you wanted to.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Late round/UDFA LB

Marco Olivas (Lafayette): 6’2 235

Id compare to a healthy Sean Lee. Gas a motor that never stops and is a natural leader.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mazi Smith
Luke Schoonmaker
DeMarvion Overshown

Tyler Smith
Sam Williams
Jalen Tolbert

Micah Parsons
Kelvin Joseph
Osa Idigyourmomma
Chauncey Golston
Nahshon Wright

Ceedee Lamb
Trevon Diggs
Neville Gallimore

Amari Cooper trade
Trysten Hill
Connor McGovern

-

I'm not that impressed. You can make a solid case that only 2020 has gotten you two good players from the first 3 rounds of the draft.

rambo2

Reaction score
Mazi Smith
Luke Schoonmaker
DeMarvion Overshown

Tyler Smith
Sam Williams
Jalen Tolbert

Micah Parsons
Kelvin Joseph
Osa Idigyourmomma
Chauncey Golston
Nahshon Wright

Ceedee Lamb
Trevon Diggs
Neville Gallimore

Amari Cooper trade
Trysten Hill
Connor McGovern

-

I'm not that impressed. You can make a solid case that only 2020 has gotten you two good players from the first 3 rounds of the draft.
Parsons, Lamb, Tyler Smith, and Diggs are very impressive. They more than make up for any misses.

MarkP88

Reaction score
Parsons, Lamb, Tyler Smith, and Diggs are very impressive. They more than make up for any misses.
Those guys are studs for sure but I'm not sure they make up for the 13 other picks, who range from JAGs to busts.

malbis030347

Reaction score
we do better in the UDFA pool than we do drafting players in rounds 4-7.....Daron Bland is the exception.......
...somebody prove me wrong?

blueblood70

Reaction score
we do better in the UDFA pool than we do drafting players in rounds 4-7.....Daron Bland is the exception.......
Look I'm not going to spend a lot of time doing research but off the top of my head Tony Pollard and Jake furgeson, is a fourth-round pick trying to tell me he was a bad pick? how about Dorance Armstrong? Tyler Biadsiz? Prescott, Schultz, and hitchens, doug free,?.. Pretty sure I just blew the notion of we don't do well in the fourth round out of the water so I just proved that one wrong...

here check it out I believe you just made another ridiculous overly exaggerated post without thinking just like the whole second round bust narrative is not true got a lot of guys in the second round that have worked out no team is perfect at picking...

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/cowboys-4th-round-picks

Last edited:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Because they are the "premium!" picks, I swear I hate when they start talking about these picks like they're gold!!! Guys barely play, or need time and never make the game day roster!

shabazz

Reaction score
Because they are the "premium!" picks, I swear I hate when they start talking about these picks like they're gold!!! Guys barely play, or need time and never make the game day roster!
Still waiting for Deuce Vaughn to become Darren Sproles here. :laugh:

Kingofholland

Reaction score
This is why.... All these guys have been starters or good contributors. The UDFAs, sure there have been guys that made the team, but besides Bell anyone on last year's team take a lot of snaps? I guess Bass played a couple games.

Jake Ferg(4th round)
Bland (5th round)
Biadsz (4th round)
Pollard (4th round)
Wilson (6th round)
Armstrong (4th round)
Dak (4th round)

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
we don't treasure them...
we literally traded off rounds 4-6 to add players last year.

we get extra picks because we do value the comp pick formula.
and those hit in round 5-7 almost always.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
FWIW the 2nd round is where we have really bombed relative to expectation.
All that being said we have really hit hard in round 2 when we do hit.
See Trevon Diggs.