Roy did it again!

The Realist

Reaction score
Titans | Calico Under the Knife - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 17:07:02 -0700

ESPNews reports Tennessee Titans WR Tyrone Calico (knee) underwent arthroscopic knee surgery. As reported, he's expected to miss 2-3 weeks of action.

Pay back for the Chris Brown straight-arm.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
The Realist said:
Titans | Calico Under the Knife - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 17:07:02 -0700

ESPNews reports Tennessee Titans WR Tyrone Calico (knee) underwent arthroscopic knee surgery. As reported, he's expected to miss 2-3 weeks of action.

Pay back for the Chris Brown straight-arm.

There are so many things wrong with the attitude of this post that I dont even know where to begin.

So, never mind.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Roy's playing to win, not injure anybody.

Save this type of stuff for the Philly crowd who cheered when Irvin wasn't moving on the turf of Veterans Stadium.

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
It wasnt evena good tackle. Williams loves to do that shoulder pad tackle , he tried it on brown and got his *** slammed. He's a great hitter but sometimes he goes to high.

Dont get me wrong hes a great player who plays with more intensity and heart then anyone , but sometimes he goes to high on his tackles.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. You shouldn't wish for or even gloat when another player is injured. I want Roy's hitting to scare the other guys into being afraid to catch the ball around him, not cause the player to miss games. Leave the hope for injuries to the Eagles' fans who seem to relish when it happens.

TLW47

Reaction score
I hope Roy has the kind of career that Cliff Harris had. Known for punishing hits but he played the game the right way.

I don't think Roy is happy that guy got hurt. And I don't believe he intentionally tried to hurt him.

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
Oh well, I guess we're officially the Eagles of the west.

This has got to be the most pointless thread ever created. Congratulations. :rolleyes:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
There are so many things wrong with the attitude of this post that I dont even know where to begin.

So, never mind.

I agree. Good post.

coach316

Reaction score
So....when you're labeled an ignorant moron (redundant I know), you won't contest it because you're "The Realist". Right? :rolleyes:

The Realist

Reaction score
Where can I find the Roy Williams Boom video?

Where can I find the Mess with the Bull video?

Roys hit on Heap in pro bowl?

Roy's hit on Emmitt?

Roy's hit on Warner?

Marshall?

Woody's hit on Jackson?

Did I ever say I'm glad he's hurt?

Think Roy doesn't play with a chip on his shoulder?

What happened to tomorrow Toomer after "Messing with the Bull" by pushing him?

We have the hardest hitter in the game?

Injuries happen!

If Roy were to knock McNabb out for the season there would be a video post and 300 replies.

If Roy were to knock Bledsoe out for the season.........same thing+and a top 5 pick and a bunch of happy posters on this board.

The responses to this post are so hypocritcal it's pathetic!

Roy and safeties in general get paid to be hard hitters, intimadators, and play makers.

Any confusion?

Godfather

Benched
Reaction score
Trust me if Chris Brown was still in the game for two quarters he would've been injured too.

Probably for a season or career. Roy didn't get em like he wanted to.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
The Realist said:
Where can I find the Roy Williams Boom video?

Where can I find the Mess with the Bull video?

Roys hit on Heap in pro bowl?

Roy's hit on Emmitt?

Roy's hit on Warner?

Marshall?

Woody's hit on Jackson?

Did I ever say I'm glad he's hurt?

Think Roy doesn't play with a chip on his shoulder?

What happened to tomorrow Toomer after "Messing with the Bull" by pushing him?

We have the hardest hitter in the game?

Injuries happen!

If Roy were to knock McNabb out for the season there would be a video post and 300 replies.

If Roy were to knock Bledsoe out for the season.........same thing+and a top 5 pick and a bunch of happy posters on this board.

The responses to this post are so hypocritcal it's pathetic!

Roy and safeties in general get paid to be hard hitters, intimadators, and play makers.

Any confusion?

Couldnt have said it any better.

I know at least 2 people in this thread, and 4 in the Avatar thread I started personally PMed me for the link to the vidoes on my site, especially the "Dont tug on superman's cape video", where Roy laid a vicious hit on Toomer.

Later

- Mike G.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I think it's the context of a great hit vs. a simple tackle that injured a player. If Roy made a sensational hit that knocked Calico over and hurt his knees, it would be fine, but Roy didn't necessarily do anything special in this instance other than drag a guy out of bounds.

Truth be told, it's like comparing Arrington's hit on Aikman (vicious hit that ended his career) vs. LT falling on Joey T's leg (a freak accident).

JDSmith

Reaction score
I made the videos in question so I know what hits are on them. Not one of those hits is a weak drag tackle resulting in an injury. They are hard hits and quality plays. Football is a contact sport, those hits are about contact. Reveling in the fact that a guy sprained both knees on a play that didn't even include ANY kind of hit is sad IMO. If I get excited about that I might as well froth at the mouth thinking about Marino blowing an achilles tendon going back to pass...

Sorry, I don't enjoy the injuries.

JDSmith

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:

I know at least 2 people in this thread, and 4 in the Avatar thread I started personally PMed me for the link to the vidoes on my site, especially the "Dont tug on superman's cape video", where Roy laid a vicious hit on Toomer.

Later

- Mike G.
The key point - it was a vicious HIT. Yeah, that was a payback. It was a physical payback in a physical sport. There is no common ground between that and what happened to Calico. I'm sorry if you don't see the difference.

hockix

Reaction score
I really like when Roy makes his big hits in the middle.
So they have fear of another one for the last of the game.

But I don't like injuries.

31WillHammerU

Reaction score
Godfather said:
Trust me if Chris Brown was still in the game for two quarters he would've been injured too.

Probably for a season or career. Roy didn't get em like he wanted to.

This is the most sense that you have ever made.

coach316

Reaction score

There's a HUGE difference between enjoying watching a great bone jarring hit (even one that results in injury) versus gloating over an injury.