Roy in coverage strategies

malbis030347

Reaction score
It is common knowledge among all our opponents that the way to get breaks in the passing game is to get Roy in coverage since he just has not shown the ability to cover in those situations...
if you are the Dallas D coordinator, do we have plays where Roy may look like he will be the cover guy but at the snap switch over to one of the other secondary guys?...... this focus is critical since it only takes a couple of screw ups each game and the other team gets an easy touchdwn..

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I say use Roy as a LB in the passing game.....use him to cover the shallow routes and to shadow the backs out of the backfield. Also, use him to blitz...about 5-6 times a game from all different gaps. Heck, I would even have him follow Ware on a Blitz....while they are focusing on Ware, Roy should be able to get a free shot on the QB.

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
More than anything else we need our corners healthy. If we had all our corners Wade could use some different schemes, right now he's having to play more zone than he wants..

TonyS

Reaction score
I think if we stopped giving up the 3rd and 7 through 3rd and 10 plays, we'd be doing lights out right now. I think Stew has started pulling Roy or moving him up to linebacker on those down and distance plays, but I'm not sure.

Maybe one of the forum gods/goddesses can tell us what we're running for packages and personnel on 3rd and long.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
zrinkill;1781219 said:

We've already done movie quotes so why don't we try leftover turkey recipes.

My personal favorite is a Turkey Reuben on rye. A little cole slaw, swiss and turkey popped in the oven for a few minutes.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
malbis030347;1781209 said:
It is common knowledge among all our opponents that the way to get breaks in the passing game is to get Roy in coverage since he just has not shown the ability to cover in those situations...
if you are the Dallas D coordinator, do we have plays where Roy may look like he will be the cover guy but at the snap switch over to one of the other secondary guys?...... this focus is critical since it only takes a couple of screw ups each game and the other team gets an easy touchdwn..
I think it's really starting to show that teams are targeting Roy with their slot recievers (be they TEs or WRs). On the Cooley touchdown, what I saw was Roy guess that Cooley would go out, but he did it so obviously and early that it was no problem for Cooley to basically walk around him.

There's aggression and there's assumption... Anthony Henry sometimes plays aggressive and it gets him into trouble but he's good enough that it pays off often. Roy sometimes plays with assumption...and if you've seen the great American film classic, "Under Seige 2: Dark Territory" you'll know that "assumption is the mother of all F***ups." Roy is starting to prove this true too often.

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1781243 said:
We've already done movie quotes so why don't we try leftover turkey recipes.

My personal favorite is a Turkey Reuben on rye. A little cole slaw, swiss and turkey popped in the oven for a few minutes.

Man I like to saute the turkey in a hot skillet for 30 sec or so a side, put it on some toasted whole wheat with some american cheese and miracle whip....

Oh yeah a side of some dressing warmed in a MW.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
Turkey pot-pie is always good. For a quick lunch, a simple turkey sandwich always hits the spot.

vicjagger

Reaction score
TURKEY DIVAN
Printed from COOKS.COM

10 oz. pkg. frozen broccoli
1/4 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. bread crumbs
2 tbsp. butter
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 c. chicken, cooked and diced
1/2 c. grated cheese

Cook broccoli according to package directions. Combine mayonnaise, soup, curry powder and lemon juice. Mix bread crumbs and butter together. In a greased casserole dish layer broccoli, chicken, and mayonnaise mixture. Top with grated cheese and bread crumbs. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.

TVMan

Reaction score
http://img411.*************/img411/3432/27fc7.gif

http://img139.*************/img139/4555/anipipisde9.gif

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
I've been working on a turkey stuffed mushroom recipe for a while now. Last year I tried chopped turkey, asiago and minced jalepenos drizzled with a balsamic vinegar reduction. It's just missing something so I haven't even attempted anything since last Thanksgiving. Anyone have any ideas.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
You guys should be substituting ostrich for turkey in your recipes.On second thought that would be cannibalism.As you were.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1781287 said:
I've been working on a turkey stuffed mushroom recipe for a while now. Last year I tried chopped turkey, asiago and minced jalepenos drizzled with a balsamic vinegar reduction. It's just missing something so I haven't even attempted anything since last Thanksgiving. Anyone have any ideas.

try adding a bit of garlic, onions, and oregano.....sage may also do the trick, as it is a popular poultry spice.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
vicjagger;1781281 said:
TURKEY DIVAN
Printed from COOKS.COM

10 oz. pkg. frozen broccoli
1/4 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. bread crumbs
2 tbsp. butter
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 c. chicken, cooked and diced
1/2 c. grated cheese

Cook broccoli according to package directions. Combine mayonnaise, soup, curry powder and lemon juice. Mix bread crumbs and butter together. In a greased casserole dish layer broccoli, chicken, and mayonnaise mixture. Top with grated cheese and bread crumbs. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.

Why is it Turkey Divan when the recipe calls for chicken?
:rolleyes:

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Next_years_Champs;1781313 said:
Hey that gives me a idea why don't we just beat a horse until its dead and eat that?

Now you're into movie quotes - "it may be horsemeat before this campaign's over".....

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
Next_years_Champs;1781313 said:
Hey that gives me a idea why don't we just beat a horse until its dead and eat that?

I can remember as a child the myth that Jack In The Box used horse meat in those delicious tacos. I often wondered if that was the reasoning behind so many people acting like jack arses after eating them......:D