Roy in coverage strategies

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Biggems;1781221 said:
I say use Roy as a LB in the passing game.....use him to cover the shallow routes and to shadow the backs out of the backfield. Also, use him to blitz...about 5-6 times a game from all different gaps. Heck, I would even have him follow Ware on a Blitz....while they are focusing on Ware, Roy should be able to get a free shot on the QB.

I would move him in at LB full time.
Delay blitz him a few times and put him in position to blow up people.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Longboysfan;1781882 said:
I would move him in at LB full time.
Delay blitz him a few times and put him in position to blow up people.

When was the last time he "blew someone up"? When was the last time he got a sack?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
INDIAN-SPICED ROAST TURKEY

1 JENNIE-O TURKEY STORE® Classic Young Turkey Breast 1 to 1 1/2 lbs.
2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon each ground cumin, coriander, allspice and salt
1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
Hot cooked rice or couscous (optional)
Chutney, cooked peas and chopped cucumbers (optional)

Place turkey roast in a recloseable plastic bag or non-porous container with cover. In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, ginger root, garlic, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, allspice, salt and cayenne pepper; mix well.

Pour yogurt mixture into bag or container with turkey. Seal bag and toss to coat turkey with marinade or turn turkey in mixture to coat well and cover.

Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight, turning turkey or spooning mixture over turkey occasionally.

To bake: Heat oven to 325°. Remove turkey from marinade; reserve marinade. In a small roasting pan, place turkey roast, pop-up timer on top. Bake, uncovered, until timer pops, 35 to 50 minutes. Brush roast frequently with marinade. Discard marinade.

To grill: Place roast 6 inches from medium coals, 15 to 25 minutes per side or until timer pops, brushing occasionally with marinade.

Serve sliced with rice, chutney, peas and cucumbers, if desired.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
BigDFan5;1781910 said:
INDIAN-SPICED ROAST TURKEY

1 JENNIE-O TURKEY STORE® Classic Young Turkey Breast 1 to 1 1/2 lbs.
2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon each ground cumin, coriander, allspice and salt
1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
Hot cooked rice or couscous (optional)
Chutney, cooked peas and chopped cucumbers (optional)

Place turkey roast in a recloseable plastic bag or non-porous container with cover. In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, ginger root, garlic, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, allspice, salt and cayenne pepper; mix well.

Pour yogurt mixture into bag or container with turkey. Seal bag and toss to coat turkey with marinade or turn turkey in mixture to coat well and cover.

Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight, turning turkey or spooning mixture over turkey occasionally.

To bake: Heat oven to 325°. Remove turkey from marinade; reserve marinade. In a small roasting pan, place turkey roast, pop-up timer on top. Bake, uncovered, until timer pops, 35 to 50 minutes. Brush roast frequently with marinade. Discard marinade.

To grill: Place roast 6 inches from medium coals, 15 to 25 minutes per side or until timer pops, brushing occasionally with marinade.

Serve sliced with rice, chutney, peas and cucumbers, if desired.

I always make it a point reserve some of the marinade BEFORE using it rather than afterwards. This way I avoid the possibility of food born contamination. Otherwise it's like showering in water that you just bathed in.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
My personal favorite is Turkey Flambe. Gets a little dicey when the flames start licking the roof and the alarms start going off all over the house but once you get used to the noise and figure out that it's a wise idea to have an extinguisher handy, you pretty much get used to it.

It wasn't always my favorite but after a couple three tries at cooking up a Turkey, I kinda came to the realization that I'd better start learning to like it so you know........ I got that going for me now.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kilyin;1781522 said:
If he was really manic depressive, he'd stop taking any medication he is currently on (if any) and just end it all, preferably, in a gruesome manner. Then he wouldn't have all these problems.

kidsee5.jpg

And Kilyin cranks it up to 11.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
dallasfaniac;1781918 said:
I always make it a point reserve some of the marinade BEFORE using it rather than afterwards. This way I avoid the possibility of food born contamination. Otherwise it's like showering in water that you just bathed in.

Very good point, especially when dealing with any form of poultry.

Thank goodness that almost all thanksgiving turkeys are purchased frozen or half the country would be spending friday and saturday sick as a dog.

JPM

Reaction score
Idgit;1781947 said:
And Kilyin cranks it up to 11.
Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
......These go to eleven.....

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
what else can we do with Roy? we try to give him help and they still complete passes on him. funny how we have to give the highest paid player in our secondary help all the time.:banghead:

Reaction score
Rampage;1782002 said:
what else can we do with Roy? we try to give him help and they still complete passes on him. funny how we have to give the highest paid player in our secondary help all the time.:banghead:

Jerry could put him in charge of the Cowboys charities, because that is the only thing the overrated bum gives a **** about.

Roy would rather plant a tree for some kid than learn how to cover.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
ManicDepressiveMan;1782076 said:
Jerry could put him in charge of the Cowboys charities, because that is the only thing the overrated bum gives a **** about.

Roy would rather plant a tree for some kid than learn how to cover.

yeah Roy should stick to tree planting. i even saw him whiff in that united way commercial where he was pushing kids on a giant swing set.