roy williams and kelly rowland???

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
this post is a lil late . . .
but i was watching sports center on saturday or sunday morning, and they were talking about how kelly rowland and roy williams are not going to get married after they had already set off the marriage to december. i didnt hear exactly what was said (i was with my friend who is an eagles fan who was just laughing about it). but i just thought you guys might wanna know some random facts taht are happening lately. so yea they arent getting married, your opinions and thoughts on that . . .

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
c'mon roy. feel jilted. and take it out on every QB, ballcarrier, and WR the league trots across your path.

31smackdown

Reaction score
Roy's return to dominance will not be because of the new scheme or our new corners, but directly based on this news... More time to dedicate to football!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HeHateMe said:
Good.

He can do a lot better than her.
He can do a better than a superstar? Hmmm, I think not. I swear you guys act like Roy is just this awesome looking dude that could pull anybody. I assure you he's nice looking, but he's not drop dead gorgeous by any means.

I said it once and I'll say it again. As much ahem gets thrown his way, you don't think she's getting ahem thrown twice as much?

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
exactly like i was saying guys "harder hitting from this s***" im happy with it and thats wat i told my friend "my boy roy will be hittin TO real hard this season . . . wait no nevermind TO isnt even gonna be there for you"

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
bobbie brewskie said:
this post is a lil late . . .
but i was watching sports center on saturday or sunday morning, and they were talking about how kelly rowland and roy williams are not going to get married after they had already set off the marriage to december. i didnt hear exactly what was said (i was with my friend who is an eagles fan who was just laughing about it). but i just thought you guys might wanna know some random facts taht are happening lately. so yea they arent getting married, your opinions and thoughts on that . . .

Sorry, but it has to be done.....

"THE GERMANS HAVE BOMBED PEARL HARBOR!!!!!!!" :D

DBoys

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
He can do a better than a superstar? Hmmm, I think not. I swear you guys act like Roy is just this awesome looking dude that could pull anybody. I assure you he's nice looking, but he's not drop dead gorgeous by any means.

I said it once and I'll say it again. As much ahem gets thrown his way, you don't think she's getting ahem thrown twice as much?

I would think she would be conservative on the fooling around department. Roy on the other hand is a guy need I say more? BTW since when does looks have anything to do with it he would be pulling it down if he was butt ugly because he is a star athlete.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DBoys said:
I would think she would be conservative on the fooling around department. Roy on the other hand is a guy need I say more? BTW since when does looks have anything to do with it he would be pulling it down if he was butt ugly because he is a star athlete.
I think you missed the point. I was responding to HeHateMe's post that he could do better than her. I was saying she could get just as many guys as he gets women. And your statement that looks won't matter cuz he's an athlete, well that same thing can be said about her; since she is after all an international superstar. That's pretty much what I was saying.

And why you think she would be more conservative is beyond me. Granted that's how she comes across, but this is the same female who's about to pose nude for a cover of a magazine. She's also part of a group where skimpy clothes is the norm. Don't believe the hype hon.

Rayman

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:

I'm with ya there.

She's way hotter than he is. :D

jumanji

Reaction score
she dumped him and a lot of people think it had at least a little to do with his crappy play last year.

trust me...this is a good thing

Nav22

Reaction score
And your statement that looks won't matter cuz he's an athlete, well that same thing can be said about her; since she is after all an international superstar. That's pretty much what I was saying.
Wrong. The main thing most men want in a mate is physical attractiveness. Women want the financial security. And before anyone gets all feministy on me... my feminist Psych professor taught us that FACT based on many surveys and case-studies.

Donald Trump can pull any super-model he wants, but I haven't seen Oprah Winfrey bag any Denzels or Brad Pitts yet. Nor could she.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
I'm not into the loathsome celebrity gossip circuit, but I have noticed this:

When celebrities announce engagements, with no actual wedding date set, they seem to go the route of J Lo and Affleck. Never happening.

You begin to wonder if it wasn't the idea of somebody's publicist to begin with (and I don't mean Roy's).

HeHateMe

Displaced but Dedicated
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:

I just dont think shes attractive in the least bit.

And shes hardly a superstar.

If not for Beyonce, she would be a nobody.

Just my opinion.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nav22 said:
Donald Trump can pull any super-model he wants, but I haven't seen Oprah Winfrey bag any Denzels or Brad Pitts yet. Nor could she.

Reminds me of the Chappelle episode where he imagined being married to Oprah.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nav22 said:
Wrong. The main thing most men want in a mate is physical attractiveness. Women want the financial security. And before anyone gets all feministy on me... my feminist Psych professor taught us that FACT based on many surveys and case-studies.
No one is really trying to get all feministy (as if that was such a word:rolleyes:) I know for a fact that I and many women that I know want and need that physical attractiveness in addition to financial security. I mean how many people want a broke-down looking person who can't handle their money. Male or female. That's JMO.

I swear my point has gotten lost in this thread, somewhere.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HeHateMe said:
I just dont think shes attractive in the least bit.

And shes hardly a superstar.

If not for Beyonce, she would be a nobody.

Just my opinion.
And that's cool. I'm not saying she's this awesome beauty either. She was average nice-looking female and he's an average nice-looking guy. To me, as far as physical attractiveness, they fit as a couple.

She is part of a superstar group, so I kinda put her in that level.

But whatever, it didn't work out, so I wish them well in their next life.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Nav22 said:

This popular socio-theory is based on thousands of year of evolution and survival of the species. It claims the male is programmed to seek out healthy mates capable of child bearing, and beauty, (tho cultural and generational standards differ) is reflected in youthful attractiveness.

The female instinctively realizes pregnancy and child rearing will result in some serious "down time" during her child bearing years. She is therefore attracted to the mates who can afford her that time to reproduce and raise her young, without having to truck out for the daily ebu like a lioness.

The notion is that modern forms of social organization do not trump biology. There are exceptions to the rule, of course, but bottom line is males seek out healthy mates (illustrated via cultural definitions of beauty), and females are drawn to those who can care for them and their young during periods of vulnerability.

I think we all see the reality of this reflected in everyday life. Instead of accusing women of "only being interested in a wallet" and guys of "only wanting a nice body" , we could ponder why this seems to be so. A little issue of survival of the species is at stake - it is genetically advantageous that the healthiest, most attractive females procreate with those males who have managed to amass the greatest resources.

Beautiful women and wealthy men, says the theory, make sense.

I am willing to buy the heart of this argument - but still, seeing Dan Snyder with a super model still would make me want to barf. :)