Roy Williams/Larry Johnson TD Celebration?

Catch-22

Reaction score
Does anyone know what they mean when they do that thing where they make a diamond with their hands in the endzone? Roy did it when he ran back the Mcnabb INT, and LJ did it today on one of his scores.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Catch-22 said:
Does anyone know what they mean when they do that thing where they make a diamond with their hands in the endzone? Roy did it when he ran back the Mcnabb INT, and LJ did it today on one of his scores.

Well that hand sign is some logo for the Jay Z clothing line I believe but he is being sued by Pro Wrestler Diamond Dallas Page for trademark infringment

ddp_tn.gif

Reaction score
It has do to with Jay-Z and Rocawear.

Check out the first post of this thread: "Excuse me..ow! hey!..pardon me...coming through.. "

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Van Halen used to do it during their concerts. The exact same hand placement except the two center fingers were down on each hand.

GEEKUS

Reaction score
It is a derogatory symbol referring to certain part of the female anatomy, and I believe Leon Lett was the first player to use it as a statment to his opponents.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
GEEKUS said:
It is a derogatory symbol referring to certain part of the female anatomy, and I believe Leon Lett was the first player to use it as a statment to his opponents.

nope!

Martice

Reaction score
It is a reference to the Roca-Fella label that Jay Z and Damon Dash used to co-own together. Now it is a symbol that reflects the Roca-Fella enterprise that has expanded beyond the record label.

28bringinthewood

Reaction score

I always kinda cringe when they make that sign.... it is very close to the sign (my parents are deaf.... now I am an interpreter for the deaf) for the female anatomy.

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
It has meaning and Jay Z is doing the same thing as the players.... I am almost sure it is not exclusively used by Jay z

Deacon Moss

Reaction score
they are both under contract with Jay-Z and his roc-a-wear sports brand...that is the reason for the diamond sign!!!

dal0789

Reaction score
Jay-Z is also Roys favorite artist so it makes since that he would do it!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In any case it looks pretty stupid to me. I'm surprised the NFL hasn't fined him for it.

jimmy40

Reaction score
SultanOfSix said:
Van Halen used to do it during their concerts. The exact same hand placement except the two center fingers were down on each hand.
Something about Van Halen using that hand placement and your sig pic go together very well.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's also used by the Delta Sigma Theta sorority group as part of their call sign. Simply because that sign also stands for the letter D in the greek alphabet.

For Jay Z and his artists, the D stands for dynasty...

U guys are taking this thing waaaaaay too seriously.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Maybe it's a frat thing like the Q (not sure of the spelling) dog thing
It is a frat thing, just like when players throw they hands up like JJ from Good Times, is another frat Sig.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
4lifecowboy said:
It is a frat thing, just like when players throw they hands up like JJ from Good Times, is another frat Sig.
It's a sorority thing, not a fraternity thing.