Rubbing salt in the wound

coult44

Reaction score
My teenage son just told me that he’s only a diehard Cowboys fan because I brainwashed him into believing we would win like we did when I was young. He said he takes so much crap from his friends because they have no idea why he would like a team that hasn’t won since the
“old days”. Wow, I’m even more depressed now.

Also, he pointed out to me that we were the only home team to lose this entire weekend…

I’m pouring a glass then going to bed.
Night fellas, it’s been a fun year. Cheers!!!

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
My teenage son just told me that he’s only a diehard Cowboys fan because I brainwashed him into believing we would win like we did when I was young. He said he takes so much crap from his friends because they have no idea why he would like a team that hasn’t won since the

Also, he pointed out to me that we were the only home team to lose this entire weekend…

Honestly, you’re a terrible dad and should probably just move out.

revospeed

Reaction score

Don’t feel bad. My dad passed down his Cowboys fandom, 5’8 height and color blindness to me and my brother and he sleeps well at night. I am sure you passed down some good traits to your son.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score

things that never happened for 500 please Alex

fivetwos

Reaction score

I am sorry for that.

Maybe it could be an opportunity for a lesson in narcissism, nepotism, and delusion…with a splash of greed.

Then tell him to root for whatever team he likes.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It is a true fact that some let it affect their daily lives.
An actual fan doesn't let his "friends" ribbing affect his loyalty.

People here in New England tell me I should be a Patriots fan, and respond by telling them that if my loyalties were driven by proximity, this guy on the next stool would be my best friend... until closing time.

Xelda

Reaction score
An actual fan doesn't let his "friends" ribbing affect his loyalty.

People here in New England tell me I should be a Patriots fan, and respond by telling them that if my loyalties were driven by proximity, this guy on the next stool would be my best friend... until closing time.
Well put, Runny. I'm told I should be a Saints fan. I can't remember to root for them even when I watch them. The Cowboys are my team regardless of the excruciatingly painful way they do me in the playoffs. At least Dak should lose some bargaining power on his next contract.

By the way, what's wrong with the guy on the next stool? Did he give you a funny look? Does he smell? Talk too much? Find a better stool with better best friends that will last a few days.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well put, Runny. I'm told I should be a Saints fan. I can't remember to root for them even when I watch them. The Cowboys are my team regardless of the excruciatingly painful way they do me in the playoffs. At least Dak should lose some bargaining power on his next contract.

By the way, what's wrong with the guy on the next stool? Did he give you a funny look? Does he smell? Talk too much? Find a better stool with better best friends that will last a few days.
Option #4. Everybody at a bar talks too much. Most of the people I know talk too much. I'm a people person.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You son should be proud and grateful he gets to share this passion with his dad, I'm sure he'll realize how precious it is someday.
Best response yet!!!
Great time to school the young lad on the other positive aspects of the game as a whole and also that winning is not everything (well it is to some of us fans but dont tell him that)

Xelda

Reaction score
Option #4. Everybody at a bar talks too much. Most of the people I know talk too much. I'm a people person.
Everybody I know talks too much. I lose an hour of my life every time my phone rings. Why can't it be "what have you been up to?" to my answer of "Nothing and I don't want to talk about the Cowboys right now." "OK, good bye." Why can't people do that?