Rude people, high prices costing movie theaters

joseephuss

Reaction score
I do agree that home theater systems have people staying at home now. People can now get the going to the movies experience at home.

The internet has also played a part. You can get the background, reviews and anything else you want to know about any movie and determine if it is worth seeing.

I went to that last Jet Li movie a couple of months ago. The people in front of me brough their new born. I am not kidding. This baby was tiny. I think it had just popped out. It slept through most of the movie fortunately, but woke up crying with about 10 minutes left. The mom took it outside. Actually, the baby didn't bother me as much as the guy behind me who burped very loudly 3 times during the film. Nothing but class.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Why are the theaters showing us commercials, anyway? Aren't they charging enough for popcorn?

This, is my biggest gripe about movie theaters. You pay $7.50 for a ticket and they have the gall to show you commercials??? And they don't even show the darn movioe on time. At the movie time they start showing commericals then previews, you're lucky if the movie starts at 1:05. What's with that??

Loews is the worst (And this is why I'll never step foot in there), AMC will show the commercials first, so you can take off and grab a drink, go to the restroom etc and still catch previews. Loews shows commercial, preview, commercial, preview, etc. Sneaky bums :mad:

Add the price-gouging that they pull and I'm one who hopes they get their privates held to a HUGE fire, that's no way to treat your consumers!

But I do give credit to the industry - at least they're not like the RIAA and blame all their woes on everyone but themselves...

Kangaroo

Reaction score
GTaylor said:
Why are the theaters showing us commercials, anyway? Aren't they charging enough for popcorn?

This, is my biggest gripe about movie theaters. You pay $7.50 for a ticket and they have the gall to show you commercials??? And they don't even show the darn movioe on time. At the movie time they start showing commericals then previews, you're lucky if the movie starts at 1:05. What's with that??

Loews is the worst (And this is why I'll never step foot in there), AMC will show the commercials first, so you can take off and grab a drink, go to the restroom etc and still catch previews. Loews shows commercial, preview, commercial, preview, etc. Sneaky bums :mad:

Add the price-gouging that they pull and I'm one who hopes they get their privates held to a HUGE fire, that's no way to treat your consumers!

But I do give credit to the industry - at least they're not like the RIAA and blame all their woes on everyone but themselves...

Several reasons why I rarely go it cost you 40-50 bucks if you have a family of four easy unles you do not buy a drink or anything.

Crappy movies; bad casting (relying on crappy big name actors see Ben Affleck) high ticket prices; Gas prices sorry the $60 barrel oil has cut into my entertainment fund I have to cut some where and guess what it is. High priced crappy movies and over priced sodas etc.

I am out like remakes and crappy squeals

:(

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Gotta agree about the commercials before the trailers. Whoever decided to begin doing that should be shot or given the Chinese water torture. I guess it's not enough to be given the "ad slide show" if you happen to get a seat early.

I remember when they had a good Looney Tunes cartoon before the movie started...I think it was Bugs' 50th birthday.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
That and also the idea that Hollywood is just not coming out with as many new ideas anymore.

I mean we are seeing mostly old movies being redone (ala The Longest Yard and Herbie) or old TV shows made into movies (ala Dukes of Hazard and Bewitched)...and now I hear they are going or are already doing a I dream of Jeanie movie.

Now when I was a young boy watching the show it was not because I thought the show was great...it was Barbara Eden at the time that caught my eye. :)

Eden20.jpg

Barbara Eden

258521.jpg

Barbara Feldon
mp11.jpg

Melody Patterson
lindaevans.jpg

Linda Evans

were just some of the beauties on TV at the time...Don't forget Hee Haw's Misty