Rue the day we cut Gardner

fortdick

Reaction score
I understand that right now we have a lot of talent, and the numbers are against him, but I really believe Ben Gardner will play somewhere and turn out to be an solid rusher. He is one of those guys you can truly say is the RKG. A worker that continually overachieves. His character is one of the things that makes him succeed.

I don't see him making it to the practice squad, some 3-4 team will take him quick. His hybrid nature makes him a perfect fit in that scheme. I hope we don't wind up keeping a problem and let him go. I understand they don't play the same position, but Reynaldo McClain is an example of a problem player and I would rather keep Gardner.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I understand that right now we have a lot of talent, and the numbers are against him, but I really believe Ben Gardner will play somewhere and turn out to be an solid rusher. He is one of those guys you can truly say is the RKG. A worker that continually overachieves. His character is one of the things that makes him succeed.

I don't see him making it to the practice squad, some 3-4 team will take him quick. His hybrid nature makes him a perfect fit in that scheme. I hope we don't wind up keeping a problem and let him go. I understand they don't play the same position, but Reynaldo McClain is an example of a problem player and I would rather keep Gardner.

How is McClain affecting Gardener? Ro doesn't take up any space because he'll be suspended

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We seem to now rue players before we even cut them. Is this a new trend I should have been aware of?

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Who's the guy everyone was complaining about getting cut/traded then went to the Patriots? Everyone was saying how they would use him right and watch as we rue the day. Then he got cut from there too before the season.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Maybe let's wait before they are cut before we rue them.

Premature Rueage is a terrible problem in our country today and we should do what we can to stop it and keep it from spreading.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I'd be great if we could trade some of this guys for conditional 6th or 7th round draft picks. James Hannah, Ben Gardner and Lavar Edwards

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Maybe let's wait before they are cut before we rue them.

Premature Rueage is a terrible problem in our country today and we should do what we can to stop it and keep it from spreading.

isn't there a pill that helps out with that....not that i would need it.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
He is a Brazilian Soccer star. Scores a lot of goals but smokes a lot of weed and gets a ton of moving violation tickets.
Rolando, Terrell...but this Reynaldo guy guy he must be something else. He's a roster ninja

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Who's the guy everyone was complaining about getting cut/traded then went to the Patriots? Everyone was saying how they would use him right and watch as we rue the day. Then he got cut from there too before the season.

Cowboys got something for Bass however. They traded him to Pats for a corner remember? Both ended being cut by respective teams so a wash.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Cowboys got something for Bass however. They traded him to Pats for a corner remember? Both ended being cut by respective teams so a wash.

I just think people tend to lose perspective sometimes during offseason and training camps. Everyone will be a star. I remember the Bass hype train and was baffled by it lol.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I've watched each snap that Gardner has played with a specific focus on him.

I've been dissappointed with his performance. Yes he tries hard but he is not overly quick or powerful at this point.

Generally, 3-4 teams want DEs to have long arms and Gardners are very short.

He does appear to have a good understanding of how to play, but hks physical ability is the question.

fortdick

Reaction score
How is McClain affecting Gardener? Ro doesn't take up any space because he'll be suspended

I was comparing character. I would rather have a guy that loves the game. Thought I said that.