Rue the day we cut Gardner

AzorAhai

Reaction score

1 guy out of how many? And he's some lind of star with 2500 yds in his career? I don't think so. Maybe Gardener catches on here or somewhere else as a rotational DL, but he has looked like one of the worst on the team this preseason. We hear this every year about some/multiple players on the team and it nearly always turns out the same way every time.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just think people tend to lose perspective sometimes during offseason and training camps. Everyone will be a star. I remember the Bass hype train and was baffled by it lol.

The love fir Gardner is reaching bizarre levels. He has not really done anything in the preseason to justify the dozensof posts that I've seen claiming he is great.

I had high hopes for Gardner this offseason abd wanted to see him do well, bur I just have not seen much at this point.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
The love fir Gardner is reaching bizarre levels. He has not really done anything in the preseason to justify the dozensof posts that I've seen claiming he is great.

I had high hopes for Gardner this offseason abd wanted to see him do well, bur I just have not seen much at this point.

I felt the exact same. Both Gardner Bishop were on my mind when watching the games. Gardner just underwhelmed.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let the Rueage commence...

699d3817f08a14e974e546c5ea307b94.jpg

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Maybe he would be a better off putting some weight on and becoming a 34 defensive end. He's got some strength and he's smart but he just doesn't move well enough to do much as a 43 DE... even on the strongside.

I think the Commanders might take a look at him. Just a hunch. Scot Mcloughan is wanting tough guys who work hard to help change the culture there in DC, and Gardner fills that bill.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Maybe the practice team !!!

I would like to see that. The guy hadn't played football in a long time so if he makes it, maybe he's better next season. Even if he's peaked, having a high motor, high work ethic guy around the team can never hurt.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
He was a fun guy to root for based on his motor and production at Stanford, but he just looks like he can't finish at this level.

He may be a one play a game type of guy, but nothing to rue.

We can root for him, not rue for him.

Aven8

Reaction score
The only reason I hate it is he's barely touched the surface with the injury last year. But thats what happens when you have 27 DL that can play! A great problem to have finally!!!