Rumor about Classlessness of Philly fans

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
Now we know that practically all of them (Excluding Talon) are classless, but I just read on the Philly site that some fans brought in a coffin and also egged the Boys bus when they came? Anybody at the game that could confirm this?

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
thats what makes it so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, go COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
OH alright, I thought it might have been something to do with parcells. I was hoping people weren't that evil, but they are Philly fans.

ravidubey

Reaction score
Roy Williams in the post game PC mentioned the fans eggs the bus and that was just plain "disrespectful."

I also heard from several sources that they held a mock funeral for T.O. in the parking lot. Irony of ironies is Bill Parcells was burying his younger brother earlier in the day at a real funeral. Next to that, the whole T.O. mess looks trivial.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mr.jameswoods said:
There is a reason why they are called Philthy fans.

Hate to rip on fans of a team for this...and maybe the Camera man was just looking for specific types of fans.

But man alive I do not think I have seen a group of uglier fans on a football broadcast.

It seems they normally try to get a good mix of people, but everyone they showed looked ugly.

:laugh1:

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Hate to rip on fans of a team for this...and maybe the Camera man was just looking for specific types of fans.

But man alive I do not think I have seen a group of uglier fans on a football broadcast.

It seems they normally try to get a good mix of people, but everyone they showed looked ugly.

I know! I know this is being pretty classless but did it seem like the majority of their fans were obese? Seriously, I'm like that dude is going to die of a heart attack if he doesn't put down them cheese steaks.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Be nice if Dallas fans could muster some of the Philly enthusiasm.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Enthusiasm and idiocy aren't the same thing. Philly fans often cross over being good enthusiastic fans into being semi violent idiots.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

That's why they kept showing the cheerleaders :laugh1:

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Be nice if Dallas fans could muster some of the Philly enthusiasm.

I know what you mean. I have pondered that issue myself. But you have to draw a line. Yes, in one way, it would be cool if we acted like thugs so that our homefield would truly be an advantage the way playing in Philly, Oakland and Pittsburgh is. However, at what cost? When I finally have kids, I would like to be able to take them to a game without worrying about them have beer poured on them or some obnoxious fan say F You the whole time. I like the fact that you can still take family to Texas Stadium.

To me the fans who get it right are Green Bay fans. They are enthusiastic without going over the line into outright thuggery.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

I thought it was just me that noticed that.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Ya they held a mock funeral for TO. It was a crowd of drunk thugs, and when I mean drunk I mean stone-cold can't stand up straight drunks. I avoided that area.

This is from Mick's column this morning:

No way, just no friggin' way the Dallas Cowboys boarded their charter out here early Tuesday morning with a 6-3 record; with their first victory over the Eagles in this city whose fans had the temerity to egg the Cowboys buses as they pulled into Lincoln Financial Field since 1998; with the first NFC East victory over the Eagles in this three-year-old stadium; with their first sweep of the Eagles since 1998; and . . . and . . .

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Eagirls fans are the most miserable of fans because they have never won the big one, and they hate us because we always smash their hopes:iggles:

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
What's funny is how the media is trying to turn Philly into the next Boston and make the eagles like the Red Sox. But thus far, no one has really bought into that because no one likes their fans. At least Boston fans can be somewhat civil.

mschmidt64

Reaction score
I was at the game, and I can confirm that Brian Dawkins was dancing on the field during TV timeouts when the Iggles were up 20-7.

Arsehole.

cowboys101

Reaction score
***To me the fans who get it right are Green Bay fans. They are enthusiastic without going over the line into outright thuggery.

Green Bay fans throw snowballs at the bus and moon the bus. Remember when Moss acted like he was mooning the fans because they always moon the bus and throw snowballs

cowboys101

Reaction score
***I was at the game, and I can confirm that Brian Dawkins was dancing on the field during TV timeouts when the Iggles were up 20-7.**

What a loser. This makes the win even better now!