Rumor: Cowboys high on Gordon

JBS

Reaction score
@TonyPauline: I'm told the Dallas Cowboys very high on Melvin Gordon/RB/Wisconsin and are targeting him in round one. Trade up?

Boom! Hope this is our guy..he's my #1 target

Not interested in moving up though

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Agree. If he is there at 27 fine but I don't see him as an elite talent and I'm not keen on giving up high picks unless they are elite

Aven8

Reaction score
Why would anybody let that leak out?? Smokescreen!

We do however run the same zone blocking scheme as Wisconsin and he could probably come in tomorrow without a playbook and start!

DFWJC

Reaction score
I doubt they'd let that information out there.

I've been saying for awhile that although I like Gordon, I felt you could take another position at 27 and get overall (as in entire draft combined) value by taking a RB later.
If it turns out they really like him, I would trust our scouts and get on board....giving them the benefit of the doubt.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If it is a smoke screen, what do we have to gain from it if he is already gone?

To hope it causes another player to drop?

I don't know if I believe that because they is just as good of a chance of him going anyway.

Now if they said..>The cowboys are really interested in LB McKinney, DT Goldman, DE OO or Edwards Jr, CB Darby and so on...I would believe it is more of a smoke screen as those players are probably going to still be there at 27.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Id honestly rather take Ajayi at 27.

With how raw Gordon is at pass pro and receiving you would be seeing much more of McFadden then you want to. Id be fine with that with a 2nd or 3rd round HB. Not a first round HB

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If it doesn't come from Fisher, you have to question its validity.

Find out why here for just $9.99 a month.
Fisher or the hacks he hired from BTB as his writers? You know a site is legit when there writers still use there old message board usernames

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I doubt they'd let that information out there.

I've been saying for awhile that although I like Gordon, I felt you could take another position at 27 and get overall (as in entire draft combined) value by taking a RB later.
If it turns out they really like him, I would trust our scouts and get on board....giving them the benefit of the doubt.

How many teams are in the running back market? I think there is a strong possibility we could end up getting one of the top two RBs in the first round, but don't if we could say that about any other position. There's a chance that the highest-rated player on our draft board will be a running back when we're on the clock.

DFWJC

Reaction score
How many teams are in the running back market? I think there is a strong possibility we could end up getting one of the top two RBs in the first round, but don't if we could say that about any other position. There's a chance that the highest-rated player on our draft board will be a running back when we're on the clock.
yes
If the highest rated player is a RB, then to me, of course you take a player that is BPA and in a position of need.

I was using the possibility that there is only one RB worthy of a 1st round pick, and not 2 or 3. My point was that just because some have Gordon as the 2nd best RB does not mean he deserves a 1st round grade. Maybe he does.
It'd come down to how the Cowboys stack them up.
BTW, I think several teams are in the market enough to take one if that player is BPA. A bunch that pick before Dallas.

Reaction score
If it is a smoke screen, what do we have to gain from it if he is already gone?

To hope it causes another player to drop?

I don't know if I believe that because they is just as good of a chance of him going anyway.

Now if they said..>The cowboys are really interested in LB McKinney, DT Goldman, DE OO or Edwards Jr, CB Darby and so on...I would believe it is more of a smoke screen as those players are probably going to still be there at 27.

It also might be a smokescreen to MIN. We have brought in every highly-ranked RB for a visit. Now we are leaking that we might trade up to draft one in the first round (Gordon). May be a message to MIN that we are not trading anything more than a 2 or a 3 for AP because we really like the RBs in this draft. So much so that we'd be willing to spend a #1 pick and trade up.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It also might be a smokescreen to MIN. We have brought in every highly-ranked RB for a visit. Now we are leaking that we might trade up to draft one in the first round (Gordon). May be a message to MIN that we are not trading anything more than a 2 or a 3 for AP because we really like the RBs in this draft. So much so that we'd be willing to spend a #1 pick and trade up.

Now THAT makes more sense.

Good Job Sir.

You get a :starspin:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So now we're officially not interested in Gordon...

Im guessing the Cowboys are eyeing Marcus Peters and Kevin Johnson.

Get a quality cornerback for 5 years and pay them pennies.