Rumor: Dallas showing interest in Cardinals Christian Kirk?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But here's a question.......is a 4th round rookie receiver an upgrade from a few guys we already have? I'm not sure......besides, what are the chances of Dak trusting him. With Kirk, you're getting a plug & play vet ready to hit the ground running, no learning curve.
Why would AZ trade him sway for a 4th...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Just read Dallas is showing interest in a trade for Christian Kirk.

I liked him(and I believe others here did too) in the 2018 draft. I’m only on board if the compensation is low due to the amount of WR talent in the draft.

But he would bring experience and talent to our WR core. Not to mention he fills the PR/KR need also.

Curious what others think of the possibility and what you would give up to get him. Picks? Player on the roster? Etc..
https://insidethestar.com/rumor-cow...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Like the kid. He would be great in the slot.

6th or 5th rounder.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What I really like about him: he has great hands, toughness, and plays faster than his 40time suggest.

Seems like a great Randall Cobb replacement

Side note: he played the slot and outside at Arizona and had a slow start due to an ankle injury last year

(I figured out the vid posting, lol)

4.47 is fast. Plenty fast.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You're not sniffing Kirk's jock for less than a fourth. This place is funny.

Doesnt matter, thats what you try for. Alway low ball to start.

He was a 2nd round pick and hasnt knocked thier socks off. They are also looking to get rid of him and move on. All that right there means leverage. And to top it off, the draft is a few days away and people are covetting picks. Not to mention that in a strong WR draft there are probably very few takers and then there is the fact that he must be resigned in two years and they will get nothing for him. 2 year rental?

Who is to say they wouldnt take a 5th and a 7th?

texbumthelife

Reaction score

He was a 2nd round pick and hasnt knocked thier socks off. They are also looking to get rid of him and move on. All that right there means leverage. And to top it off, the draft is a few days away and people are covetting picks.

I'm saying it. Right now. A WR who was a second round pick and showed flashes of greatness entering his third year, when WRs usually turn the corner. You think they're taking a fifth for that? They'd get more than that as a comp pick if they let him walk when his deal is up. There's absolutely no reason for them to accept an offer that low.

You start negotiations with a low ball when you have all the leverage. The Cowboys have zero leverage.

Batman1980

Reaction score

He was a 2nd round pick and hasnt knocked thier socks off. They are also looking to get rid of him and move on. All that right there means leverage. And to top it off, the draft is a few days away and people are covetting picks. Not to mention that in a strong WR draft there are probably very few takers and then there is the fact that he must be resigned in two years and they will get nothing for him. 2 year rental?

A 4th that becomes a 3rd if he gets to 80 catches and 10 TDs works for me. Would mean we don't need to over-extend trying to get a TE1.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I'm saying it. Right now. A WR who was a second round pick and showed flashes of greatness entering his third year, when WRs usually turn the corner. You think they're taking a fifth for that? They'd get more than that as a comp pick if they let him walk when his deal is up. There's absolutely no reason for them to accept an offer that low.

You start negotiations with a low ball when you have all the leverage. The Cowboys have zero leverage.

I get your point and it’s valid but in the week leading up to a draft, draft picks are at their most valuable. We’ve seen lots of head scratching deals for low round pick compensation. That said, I’m sure they would want a 3rd right now but might take a 4th during the draft if a player they like is still available. I doubt anything will happen anyway.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I get your point and it’s valid but in the week leading up to a draft, draft picks are at their most valuable. We’ve seen lots of head scratching deals for low round pick compensation. That said, I’m sure they would want a 3rd right now but might take a 4th during the draft if a player they like is still available. I doubt anything will happen anyway.

I can see a fourth based exactly on what you said. I just can't fathom them taking lower unless they're making it up somewhere else in the deal.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Word is Arizona is looking WR 1 in round 1 to replace Fitzgerald. Isabella is their slot guy.

quickccc

Reaction score
i'd be willing no more than a 4th round. since i've really singled out the 4th round for that slot/ punt returner that we needed anyway.
Would be great if we could get him for one of our 5th rd picks.

- He's tough, not afraid of venturing into tight crowds and traffic, has run skills and has punt return skills.
Maybe he was highly thought of by the Cowboys scouting crew at the time he was drafted before Cardinals nabbed him.

-i'm also hearing Cowboys may be interested in trading Niners/ex- Longhorn speedster Marquis Goodwin

https://ninernoise.com/2020/04/19/49ers-trade-rumors-cowboys-interested-marquise-goodwin/

superonyx

Reaction score
To me, a third is still a very valuable pick and who knows, even if he doesn't start right away he could be developed into a very good player at S or LB or CB or even DT.

I'm just tired of this team pouring so many valuable resources into the offensive side of the ball for, well, about as long as I can remember. We're paying Zeke and Cooper and Martin and now Dak a ton while we let Jones walk out the door. This team hasn't been any good on defense since Phillips and Parcells were here, and one reason is we keep using most of our resources on the flashy side of the ball.
It seems like that. What did we give up for Byron Jones? 1st?
who was our first pick last year? A DT
What did taco cost us? A 1st?
What about Jaylon Smith? Randy Gregory? Chido?
How much are we paying D Law? How did we acquire him?

Dak was a 4th, Gallup was a 3rd.

Im not sure if it’s the resources we have spent have been inefficient or just the choices have not all worked out..