Rumor: Dallas showing interest in Cardinals Christian Kirk?

vnick

Reaction score
Ed Werder says Cardinals haven't been approached and are not shopping Kirk.

Creeper

Reaction score
Who would you rather have, Kirk or Devin Duvernay? Keep the 4th and offer the comp 5th.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Kirk's a good player. I'd absolutely deal a 4th for him.

That being said, with the Cardinals trying to build around a young QB, a decent WR isn't just something you throw away. So I don't know why they'd make that deal.

Carson

Reaction score
Ed Werder says Cardinals haven't been approached and are not shopping Kirk.

It’s the season of lying.

Kirk clearly has a limited role on the team.

Hopkins, Larry, Isabella. Also a couple guys in Butler, Johnson, Sherfield.

Get a pick while they can.

Kirk's a good player. I'd absolutely deal a 4th for him.

That being said, with the Cardinals trying to build around a young QB, a decent WR isn't just something you throw away. So I don't know why they'd make that deal.

One to many mouths to feed.

Fitz, Hopkins and Isabella is their 1-2-3. They have a few solid backups.

Don’t think Kirk would want to be a 4 or 5 guy.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm saying it. Right now. A WR who was a second round pick and showed flashes of greatness entering his third year, when WRs usually turn the corner. You think they're taking a fifth for that? They'd get more than that as a comp pick if they let him walk when his deal is up. There's absolutely no reason for them to accept an offer that low.

You start negotiations with a low ball when you have all the leverage. The Cowboys have zero leverage.

I just went over how the Cowboys have leverage.

And stop with the greatness nonsense.

Kirk is the 3rd or 4th WR on that team and they clearly dont want to pay him in two years. Paying Hopkins has them in a bind. Cant pay Hopkins and both 2nd round picks from the last two years. They have obviously decided who they are keeping.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
They are the ones looking to trade him.

I just went over how they have leverage.

And stop with the greatness nonsense. You don't look to trade a WR you are convinced is showing signs of greatness.

"Flashes of greatness" sport. Flashes being the optimal word. The henpecking and context shifting is at an all time high here.

You may have gone over how you think they have leverage, but they don't. They have none. There are 30 other teams in the league with the same "leverage."

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
A 4th that becomes a 3rd if he gets to 80 catches and 10 TDs works for me. Would mean we don't need to over-extend trying to get a TE1.

I dont think they have to even bother with that. Offer a 6th or 5th to start. NO way do I go with a 3rd rounder.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
"Flashes of greatness" sport. Flashes being the optimal word. The henpecking and context shifting is at an all time high here.

You may have gone over how you think they have leverage, but they don't. They have none. There are 30 other teams in the league with the same "leverage."

What is a flash of greatness, a nice catch here and there? LOL

Wow, what leverage!!!

The team inquiring about the Cardinals looking to move him have all the leverage in this case. And like I said, its a great year for WR's in the draft so there wont be many takers. MORE LEVERAGE.

Not my fault you dont truly understand leverage or what is leverage in this case.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
What is a flash of greatness, a nice catch here and there? LOL

Wow, what leverage!!!

The team inquiring about the Cardinals looking to move him have all the leverage in this case. And like I said, its a great year for WR's in the draft so there wont be many takers. MORE LEVERAGE.

Not my fault you dont truly understand leverage or what is leverage in this case.

Oh are we just making things up now? I thought we were actually talking facts. Carry on, pops.

The fact that teams are contacting the Cardinals, not the other way around, would be solid proof of leverage. But please keep going.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Oh are we just making things up now? I thought we were actually talking facts. Carry on, pops.

The fact that teams are contacting the Cardinals, not the other way around, would be solid proof of leverage. But please keep going.

So you just think multiple teams just started contacting the Cardinals at random all about the same WR? LOL

They obviously put the word out they would listen to offers. Maybe obvious is the wrong word?:muttley:

Knotamus

Reaction score
Don't put words in my mouth. I said maybe a 4th or 5th round pick might do, but I still would have reservations against WRs with foot/ankle injuries.

Not putting words in your mouth(confused). Lol, Every post I seen from you, was arguing against trading for Kirk. I got to admit, I could careless to research everything you’ve posted. Simply responding to one post of yours that I believed was unreasonable, exp since we have a 1000yrd #1 Wr with similar question marks. Point: All NFL players deal with injuries, it doesn’t mean trading a late round pick for an experienced WR/PR to man the slot is a terrible idea.

Honestly, I’m not sure why your so triggered. Literally almost everyone on this thread stated they’d take him for a 4-6 Rd pick. That includes myself. So, we are basically saying the same thing. ??

I even agree on drafting a Wr, even if Kirk was obtained bc we could use more depth regardless. Where I disagree with you is.. even if we drafted a WR in the 1st Rd, that player can’t be trusted/depended on to contribute right away (Atleast not at the level Kirk could fill). Exp, not a proven receiver and punt returner. It’s well known in most circles that WRs (and CBs) have a larger learning curve at the NFL level. Gallup is a prime example. He played much better this year than his rookie season. I think most folks would rather draft a WR than trade, but knowing what we need AND when we can reasonably expect a rookie to have an impact, are two totally different things. Hence, wanting a proven, young, talented WR to man the Slot.. a position that is just as important in today’s NFL as is the X Wr.

Again.. it’s only speculation. Stay calm my friend.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I don't really see it. We just paid a ton for a #1 and we hit on a #2. We need help on defense more than another wide receiver.
The loss of Cobb cannot be undersold. Slot receiver is a need just as much if not more than any position on defense. That third receiver is crucial and none of the bozos on the roster are capable of stepping up.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
What I really like about him: he has great hands, toughness, and plays faster than his 40time suggest.

Seems like a great Randall Cobb replacement

Side note: he played the slot and outside at Arizona and had a slow start due to an ankle injury last year

(I figured out the vid posting, lol)

Factlet: Had 10 rushing attempts last year. Plays into a multi runthreat offense.

I'm warming up to the idea. Still a couple of years on his rookie contract. WRs usually have a steep learning curve coming into the league anyway.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
What I really like about him: he has great hands, toughness, and plays faster than his 40time suggest.

Seems like a great Randall Cobb replacement

Side note: he played the slot and outside at Arizona and had a slow start due to an ankle injury last year

(I figured out the vid posting, lol)

I like the "and outside". We really need veteran backup to the starters. If they think he solves that problem, we should take him.