RUMOR: Dallas wants to draft a Qb

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967 said:
I can post all sorts of college QB's who have met or even exceeded the numbers you just posted...doesnt mean they are (or were) good NFL prospects
That is all fine and dandy. But did you see the entire post I made? In case you missed it I was responding to this..........
HeavyHitta31 said:
Vince Young couldnt hit the Pacific if he were Standing on the Santa Monica Pier

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
DizzG said:
Vince Young haters amaze me

and there is zero chance he is anywhere near 18

its likely he wont fall past #3

they said Aaaron Rodgers was a possible #1 pick last yr...look what happened to him

dont say there is "zero" chance

David

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
Did you read his journals? Henson is definitely lacking maturity (and communication/writing skills for that matter).

I don't care if he gives the company line....I want results!

Vince Young is already a way better passer than Mike Vick and is only gonig to get better over time. Perhaps he could teach Bledsoe how to run, and Drew can teach him how to throw. :p:

Maybe Drew will teach him how to throw interceptions, too. Nearly 200 in 12 years of playing. (not counting the year he only played in 2 games when he got hurt and lost his job to Brady)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
If he steps it up and makes this team this summer, and has an impressive preseason in doing so, then I promise to eat plenty of crow.....I just have my doubts at this point, the more I see and here about him, the more I get discouraged. :(

or the more you see of him the more you think your boy may be sat on his arse again while a michigan prospect takes over and plays *real* football. i'm sure with your bledsoe-wood that bothers you and the fact it *could* happen again puts you against anything henson could do anyway.

you'll have to admit you're not the most unbiased person out here when it comes to our qbs.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Henson is a great talent? What do you base this on?

Leaf was a great talent, too. So was Hutch. Where are they now?

You guys are reading me all wrong. I would love to see Henson succeed for the Boys. I really would. But, I'm not going to proclaim him as the starter or say he's lighting it up in the NFL's Pop Warner league. Everyone argued that he was out of football for four years and it would take time. I agree, but he's starting his third season now and has marginally improved.

I hope he does well in NFLE, but NFLE success doesn't equate to NFL success.

patfoley32

Reaction score
no way they go qb in rd 1. Parcells is going for it this year they want impact right away no developing he wants guys ready from the word go

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH said:
Henson is a great talent? What do you base this on?

Leaf was a great talent, too. So was Hutch. Where are they now?

You guys are reading me all wrong. I would love to see Henson succeed for the Boys. I really would. But, I'm not going to proclaim him as the starter or say he's lighting it up in the NFL's Pop Warner league. Everyone argued that he was out of football for four years and it would take time. I agree, but he's starting his third season now and has marginally improved.

I hope he does well in NFLE, but NFLE success doesn't equate to NFL success.

but you sure do seem to tear down any ouce of positive success he builds up, don't you?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
iceberg said:
but you sure do seem to tear down any ouce of positive success he builds up, don't you?

:hammer:

They "want" him to do well, but will stop at nothing to denigrate anything positive he does.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
they said Aaaron Rodgers was a possible #1 pick last yr...look what happened to him

dont say there is "zero" chance

David

I believe he do have a point saying zero chance because guess what.. everybody knows that Vince Young knows how to move better than Rogers, throw better, and have better reads than he does.

I think with all of them teams needing Quarterbacks and it's 3 Quarterbacks that suppose to be selected in the early first round.. I believe that Vince Young will be one of those top Quarterbacks...

Just look at all the teams that could possibly take Vince Young that is looking at Quarterback::
Tennesse Titans- a team who is actually talking about drafting Matt Lineart, but think if a team gives them a state of the art deal for that pick, and the team that traded their pick off for Titan's pick and that team picks before us... Vince Young slips... Tennesse still have the pick before us to take a Quarterback.

Greenbay Packers- this team is a question Mark (?) because until you find out about Brett Farv's future, we don't know yet what will they do.

San Fransisco- we actually don't know if they trust Alex Smith or not. Please beleive that they will think about a Quarterback also.

Oakland Raiders- even with signing Aaron Brooks, they not for sure saying that they won't draft a Quarterback with this pick, never know Raiders might not be too sure about Brooks.

Buffalo Bills- another team that's talking about giving up their former first round because they aren't satisfied with him. JP Lousman. You never know what direction, the bills will go to if a Quarterback slip to their pick.

Arizona Cardinals- Do you honestly think losing Josh McNown helped and now having Kurt Warner as a starter.. I think they will be in contention for Vince Young or Jay Cutler.

St. Louis Rams- Just think about the durability of their Quarterbacks, don't you think that getting tired of their starting Quarterback by now. If Vince Young slips this far or Jay Cutler.. I believe they won't hesitate.

Cleveland Browns- Trent Dilfer? Need I say more.

Baltimore Ravens- Same thing with the Rams, is the same thing with the Ravens, durability @ Quarterback is a concern. How healthy can your Quarterback stay. How much trust does this team have in Kyle Boller?

Minnesota Vikings- Another team that just lost a good Quarterback in Daunte Culpepper. The REAL question is:: How many more years can Brad Johnson play?

Dallas Cowboys:: Now just saying Vince Young slips this far down, which I seriously doubt. Will the Cowboys take a chance on Vince Young, wil they actually trade this pick off into the second round and a first round next year?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
ZB9 said:
LOL

that is such crap. I guarantee those stats are bogus.

if any of that were true, then VY wouldnt have had a 9.4 yp/a for the season, FACT (4th in the entire nation, no one was over 10 yp/a)...Vince threw short passes against USC, but throughout the season he was among the best in the nation in yp/a AND yp/c. You arent among the lead leaders in yards per attempt, and yards per completion, if you throw nothing but short passes. What a crock of **** those stats you posted are.

most of the haters are probably either aggsys, sooners, and/or they didnt see VY play very much this past season.

Ever heard of Yards after the catch?

Watch football sometime, its pretty cool

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I don't believe this. Why?

Because if the player personnel person works for the Dallas Cowboys, they're going to be more secretive than a teenaged male virgin. They're not going to reveal who they're truly looking at, unless to create a smoke screen.

If it's a player personnel person from another team, well, they don't know anything beyond their subjects of interest.

ghst187

Reaction score
tyke1doe said:

Because if the player personnel person works for the Dallas Cowboys, they're going to be more secretive than a teenaged male virgin. QUOTE]

Personally dude, I would've gone with like a 30 or 40 yr old virgin...but hey that's me...:D

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
tyke1doe said:

Because if the player personnel person works for the Dallas Cowboys, they're going to be more secretive than a teenaged male virgin. They're not going to reveal who they're truly looking at, unless to create a smoke screen.

If it's a player personnel person from another team, well, they don't know anything beyond their subjects of interest.

Exactly.....:hammer:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
tyke1doe said:

I can believe that the Cowboys will look at drafting a QB if one they like is there. That's been reported numerous times before this ever hit the site.

Hard for me to trust a welcher's word.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
more secretive than a teenaged male virgin

235-560-capt.2f52ae21aed7678f2584e376995ecb10.jpg

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
iceberg said:

And I'm sure little Drew gets on here and curls up in the fetal position, balling like a baby because of what I think about his progress.

Every coin has two sides... any ounce of success he has and the homers proclaim he's having a tremendous season in Europe.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH said:
And I'm sure little Drew gets on here and curls up in the fetal position, balling like a baby because of what I think about his progress.

Every coin has two sides... any ounce of success he has and the homers proclaim he's having a tremendous season in Europe.

look dude, you wanna run around in the world and be a pompous arse, your call. you wanna carry grudges on your shoulder, glad you got 2 of 'em. but it's not the worlds fault you seem to hate it.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
iceberg said:
look dude, you wanna run around in the world and be a pompous arse, your call. you wanna carry grudges on your shoulder, glad you got 2 of 'em. but it's not the worlds fault you seem to hate it.

look my pontificating little steamy pile of cow dung, it's my opinion and mine alone. Just like you have your opinion, pompous arse. If you'd read all of my posts, I want the guy to succeed, I just don't like it when everyone is getting exciting because he's played two games in Europe and hasn't thrown an interception. I want him to succeed just like I want Bledsoe, Romo or whoever is under center to succeed. But, I don't go on the potential they could have. I go by what I see. Nothing he has done so far has shown me that he is capable of being the starting QB of the Cowboys. Those are large shoes to fill and I don't think his feet are big enough.

Also, what grudge would I be holding against him? Did he take my job away from me? That's just about the biggest bonehead remark I've seen... carrying a grudge.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH said:
look my pontificating little steamy pile of cow dung, it's my opinion and mine alone. Just like you have your opinion, pompous arse. If you'd read all of my posts, I want the guy to succeed, I just don't like it when everyone is getting exciting because he's played two games in Europe and hasn't thrown an interception. I want him to succeed just like I want Bledsoe, Romo or whoever is under center to succeed. But, I don't go on the potential they could have. I go by what I see. Nothing he has done so far has shown me that he is capable of being the starting QB of the Cowboys. Those are large shoes to fill and I don't think his feet are big enough.

so whenever he does well you find it necessary to make sure all know if each and every flaw.

doesn't make sense w/o an agenda, dude.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
iceberg said:
so whenever he does well you find it necessary to make sure all know if each and every flaw.

doesn't make sense w/o an agenda, dude.

I would hardly call 229 yards passing in two games doing well. At first I thought that might be okay for a guy who plays only two quarter, but then I learned from other gracious posters here, such as yourself, that he plays three quarters. Do I expect more from the possibly future of the team? You're damn right I do. Do you expect Jerrah to go out and get the best players available in the draft and free agency? Of course you do.

Tell me, if you had Henson and Harrington on the team, who would you choose to be the back up?