RUMOR: Dallas wants to draft a Qb

kartr

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
hmm...so we're gearing up for a big run at the SB this year so we use our first round pick on a QB that won't be able to play for 3 years. That makes perfect sense.

I could see Whitehurst in the third or fourth...but that's about it.

We wont even win our division this year, so how are we going to the superbowl. Whitehurst! Why would you want another underachieving qb on our roster? What did he do at Clemson?

kartr

Reaction score
BHendri5 said:
LOL, Wow, at first I was giving this guy and his source the benefit of the doubt.

There is no way we will draft Young as a QB. If he is still around 18, and we do draft him, he will become a WR.

We will not draft a QB this draft, I'm on the Brady Quinn bandwagon, some way somehow we will get him next season. He was the best QB last College FB season and he will be the best this up coming season.

Quinn was outplayed by Troy Smith in his bowl game, outplayed by Leinart in regular season and VY outplayed Leinart in the Rose bowl. Young is no more a WR than McNabb,Culpepper or Randall Cunningham are. Take the blinders off, bud.

kartr

Reaction score
Rockytop6 said:
I certainly hope not. I live a few miles from UA and I have never been impressed with Croyle. I would be very surprised if he ever became a starting QB in the NFL, probably a career backup.

You're probably right.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
kartr said:
Quinn was outplayed by Troy Smith in his bowl game, outplayed by Leinart in regular season and VY outplayed Leinart in the Rose bowl. Young is no more a WR than McNabb,Culpepper or Randall Cunningham are. Take the blinders off, bud.

and none of those QB's you mentioned will be as highly rated an NFL prospect as Brady Quinn will be next April, assuming he continues to develop under Weis as he did this past yr

David

kartr

Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH said:
so does that mean Dan Marino's career 86 QB rating means he was a less than average QB when compared to some of his peers?

What! Dont you know that qb ratings are everything.:D

kartr

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I agree, if we decide to take any QB, it will be Whitehurst in the 3rd, if possible, 5th

Have you actually seen this guy win anything? What has he done?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
kartr said:
Have you actually seen this guy win anything? What has he done?

it takes more than just winning college games or puting up good "stats"to be a good NFL QB prospect...Josh Heupel and Jason White won alot of games too and put up alot of nice stats, but both were horrendous NFL prospects

David

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Besides, if Vince Young falls to #18, the world will tilt off it's axis, throwing us out of orbit and into a direct collision with the sun, so it wont matter. :laugh2:

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
All that I can say is if it is true that we are looking at drafting a QB.....ABOUT TIME!

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
benny112980 said:
If we're gonna draft a qb let it be anyone but Vince Young. He's a poorman's Mike Vick.

v. young is lightyears beyond mike vick. vick cannot work under the west coast offense. didn't u hear about atlanta trying to model there offense after texas'? you mess with the bull, and you get the 'horns. :fight:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
txlonghorn14 said:
v. young is lightyears beyond mike vick. vick cannot work under the west coast offense. didn't u hear about atlanta trying to model there offense after texas'? you mess with the bull, and you get the 'horns. :fight:

Mike Vick is both a faster and better open field runner, can throw farther, and neither can hit the broadside of a barn.

DizzG

Reaction score
Vince Young haters amaze me

and there is zero chance he is anywhere near 18

its likely he wont fall past #3

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
DizzG said:
Vince Young haters amaze me

and there is zero chance he is anywhere near 18

its likely he wont fall past #3
I don't understand the hate either. When there is a big game, he comes up big. Not only this past year, but look at what he did in the bowl game before that.

He may not throw like a prototypical QB, but either does Favre. I think he'll work out just fine.

whcarm

Reaction score
It has been a rumor that Dallas wants to draft a QB every year since Aikman retired.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
VY lasting to 18? No chance.

I doubt that seriously myself... I thought that with a pick before the Cowboys last year with Detroit Lions, that the Lions was going to take Shawne Merriman and I thought Cowboys was getting Mike Williams... but turns out look who got him... Detroit "I love drafting Wide Receivers In the First Round" Lions... But im glad that they did that because we have had a hell of pass-rusher in Ware...

Now with Vince Young.. Honestly last year I didn't think Aaron Rodgers would slip that far down to the GB Packers... We will see come draft day will Vince Young slip that far down to us.. I surely hope so.. Overall I rather have Vince Young.. but secondary I would like Manny Lawson...

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
I don't understand the hate either. When there is a big game, he comes up big. Not only this past year, but look at what he did in the bowl game before that.

He may not throw like a prototypical QB, but either does Favre. I think he'll work out just fine.

Farve could hit a quarter off a players helmet at 25 yards

Vince Young couldnt hit the Pacific if he were Standing on the Santa Monica Pier