Rumor from Extremeskins...Rosenhaus & Jerry agree on TO deal.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Being as Sexton is BP's agent BP can talk to him anytime he wants and no one can say a thing.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
Being as Rosenhaus has 90+clients some of them in the draft and some on the street BP can talk to him whenever he wants.

fortdick

Reaction score
davidyee said:
...about a trade if the team gives permission as the Eagles have. You cannot circumvent the CBA by agreeing to a deal in advance of the player being released. The player is then not honouring the terms of his contract with his present employer and has already paved the way for his exit without compensation to the team who owns his rights.

If the Eagles choose to release T.O. and forfeit any compensation that's their choice, but T.O., his agent or any other team cannot make that choice for the Eagles.

A contract signed minutes after T.O. is released would definitely raise eyebrows and start a legitimate rumour of "tampering".

So, my question stands! Who is going to telll? Let them speculate all they want. Tell me there was no pre FA talk between Bentley and the Iggles. I bet that he used that info to barter with the Browns.

If you can't prove it, it didn't happen.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Ya know, the more I read around the net, it sounds like a lot of GMs (such as Denver) are saying they aren't as interested as reported and maybe considering one year contracts. Maybe TO has damaged a lot more than he thinks and will need some serious humble pie to land a prime spot.

Does anyone belong to The Ranch?

http://mb19.scout.com/fcowboyupdatefrm10.showMessageRange?topicID=98243.topic&start=1&stop=20

It's a premium article but apparently it suggests Jerry is for TO and Bill is against him, and hints that there is some inside info on the other teams reported to be interested.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Ya know, the more I read around the net, it sounds like a lot of GMs (such as Denver) are saying they aren't as interested as reported and maybe considering one year contracts. Maybe TO has damaged a lot more than he thinks and will need some serious humble pie to land a prime spot.

Does anyone belong to The Ranch?

http://mb19.scout.com/fcowboyupdatefrm10.showMessageRange?topicID=98243.topic&start=1&stop=20

It's a premium article but apparently it suggests Jerry is for TO and Bill is against him, and hints that there is some inside info on the other teams reported to be interested.

I read Fisher's article...its total b/s, just trying to drum up readers and controversy

he doesnt have anymore info than any of us...and there is no way in hell Parcells would do a move like that if he wasnt 100% behind it

why people (like Fisher) contend that ANY move here is made without Parcells OK is beyind me...the guy is making EVERY SINGLE personnel decision

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:

here's the artcle, like I said it looks like 100% b/s, which is pretty much all that site spews

Main | COWBOYS + THE TICKET = ******* CHILD? by The Fish »
BREAKING NEWS: COWBOYS' T.O. 'TUG OF WAR' By The Fish

At Valley Ranch, "T.O.W'' stands for "Terrell Owens Wanted.''

And it also stands for "Tug Of War'' -- with Jerry Jones and Bill Parcells white-knuckle-gripping opposite sides of the rope.

A source with intimate knowledge of the Cowboys' front-office innerworkings tells DallasBlog.com that the team's opinions on Troublesome Terrell have been drawn in the sand: Owner Jones is interested in exploring the possibility of acquiring the potentially cancerous All-Pro receiver, while coach Parcells opposes the idea and favors allowing Keyshawn Johnson to remain the team's go-to wideout.

"T.O. is interested and Jerry is interested,'' our source said. "Parcells is not interested.''

In no way are we forecasting a front-office blow-up; this isn't Jimmy/Jerry, or even Jessica Simpson/Nick Lachey. It is commonplace within the Cowboys braintrust to argue through ideas, as it is with every team and indeed with every company. What it is, instead, is a demonstration of how each of the Cowboys' bosses thinks of such moves in general.

A couple of years ago, Parcells and Jones debated about some move or another, and the coach went Old West on the owner, using a "pioneer-era'' analogy: "I believe we should 'hold the fort,'' the coach told Jones, going on to explain that in the Old West, pioneers under attack never left their fort to return East for more supplies. Instead, they stayed put and hung on to the good things they had.

"Hold the fort.''

Jones, of course, has another Old West philosophy: "Wild-cattin'.'' It's how he made his big money as a young man: Wild-cattin' for oil, taking a risk and drilling a hole and if it came up dry, just go take another risk and drill another hole.

"Wild-cattin'.''

So when it comes to T.O.W., will Dallas "Hold the Fort'' or will it go "Wild-Cattin'?''

From what we can gather (while working with the staff at http://cowboys.scout.com/ (TheRanchReport.com), the Chiefs appear to be very much in the Owens Sweepstakes; we hear buzz that they've already talked trade with the Eagles. In Denver, owner Pat Bowlen is downplaying the Broncos' much-ballyhooed interest, saying, "It's taken on a life of it's own, so to speak. I think there is a hell of a lot more credibility given to that than there should be.''

And in Dallas?

We've got lots of ears to the ground. We know from Jones' history that in many cases, he like to strike early on major FA's, thus preventing letting other teams set the market price for his targets. We hear that Dallas might be more willing (and able) to put together a multi-year contract offer for Owens than KC might be willing to do. We wonder if it might only take a second-day draft pick to acquire Owens. And we keep in mind that the Eagles might want to avoid allowing Owens to land with another NFC East rival.

Meanwhile, Parcells likely believes he's already put the possibility under his microscope. From "leaking'' info about Owens to his media friends months ago (as reported first here) to recently meeting with Owens' agent Drew Rosenhaus, the coach can confidently tell his owner the due diligence has been completed.
What is the next step?

One Cowboys boss needs to out-tug the other Cowboys boss.

Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 at 02:05PM by Mike Fisher

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Thanks for linking DBair. I think Denver is out of the TO frenzy. Heck, with a quote like that, either someone is the greatest KGB agent in free agency history or they genuinely have no intense interest in this guy. Someone posted the "TO Rule" in another thread stating that you can't lose your bonus for "character issues" now so if true, I would think a lot of teams would be hesitant to give TO much of anything. Boy, it's looking more and more like someone could get this guy for a cheap one or two year deal. If he really intends on acting right, this could be the steal of the century if he can play just one more year at that same 49er/Eagle level. IF it's looking like teams aren't interested, I think the smart thing to do would be wait and let Rosenhaus break the news and let him eat his humblepie.... then go for the kill! :cool:

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
If they've given Rosenhaus and Owens permission to talk to other teams seeking a trade, the Boys can probably mask their interest in signing him as a FA by saying the are considering the trade. That's not necessarily tampering, it's just negotiating a FA deal in disguise.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yesfan said:
I don't know,if that isn't tampering,i would like
to know the definition.At this point,i hope he does
sign in Dallas,so far this FA,has turned out to be a
case for blue balls. :eek: Lol.

TO was given permission to seek a trade. So he can negotiate a deal. And if the trade agreement isn't accepted, if one is actually offered, then the deal is in place for when he is released.