Rumor: Henry to the Cowboys could be real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Fact....we will sign a free-agent RB. This guy is at the top of my list. Pair him with a rookie ( Brooks ) and :dance:

Remember Stephen Jones said before the draft last year they were looking for a big/powerful RB.

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/door-creeps-open-cowboys-sign-derrick-henry-free-agency-01hrfva3w2a8

Door creeps open for Cowboys to sign Derrick Henry thanks to Dallas radio host​

Seemingly the entire NFL has kept busy shuffling its roster before the new league year. The Dallas Cowboys, meanwhile, have kept a low-profile as the dawn of free agency approaches. Could the lack of activity be setting the stage for the Cowboys to take a big swing in the free agent frenzy? We wouldn't get our hopes up, but Derrick Henry to the Cowboys suddenly has wheels out of nowhere.

The speculation kicked off on Thursday after Henry purchased a home in Dallas. Henry trains in Dallas during the offseason and already had a home in the area, so this hardly meant anything in terms of Henry's free agency.

For obvious reasons, though, news of Henry's investment has crazed an already-fidgety fan base. Call it ironic timing, but Jeff Cavanaugh of 97.1 The Freak in Dallas believes Henry to the Cowboys has legitimate legs.

Cowboys Rumors: Derrick Henry to Dallas is a real possibility​

Cavanaugh did some digging after a picture of Henry with a Dallas realtor after his purchase circulated on social media. Cavanaugh didn't make much of the photo, but heard from a source to "not write that off" in terms of the Cowboys signing Henry.

"This is just stuff that I'm hearing. Again, I'm not a beat writer. I don't go chasing it. But sometimes you stumble upon things. Once upon a time I told everyone that Zack Martin was a top-30 visit for the Cowboys because I found that out . . . With the way the running back market is now and with Henry checking every box of why most NFL teams will be afraid of him, you know there is something to telling a Jones, 'right, but it's Derrick Henry.'"

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Even though he’s 30 he still has something left. He’s exactly what this offense could use…. Why? Because he could literally fall forward without a stacked box for 4 yards a carry.

Imagine having all the weapons we have on offense but with a big running back like Henry to go with it? It would be very tough to stop.

It also helps dak…. Not have to be the guy as much. It’s a win win all around. The Rb market isn’t going to be crazy if Henry is reasonable I’d bring him on for a year and draft a late round guy to complement him

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Whoa -- this may or may not turn out to be destined but it's surely pleasant to ponder. We've needed a power back ever since Zeke left.:thumbup:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Maybe a one year deal for 10 million?

But we need a ton of cap space first.

Status
Not open for further replies.