Rumor: Intel from a Player

RoboQB

Reaction score
My brothers sister's cousin bought a pair of clear eye glasses from
someone who I won't name that allegedly "plays" for a team in Texas.

He told her he was only interested in selling glasses and regularly skips
meetings since he doesn't understand what's being taught. It hurts his head.

Also, rumor has it the players were happy to see L.P. Lacedour (sp?) was resigned
because he gives the best Canadian whiskey for Christmas gifts.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
So I’m not going to disclose any names. I work at a Mercedes-Benz dealership and we had a client come in here and purchase a vehicle. This particular client happened to be a player who played for McCarthy and Garrett. He said he was shocked McCarthy took the offer from the Cowboys. When I asked him why, he said that when he got to the Cowboys D Law told him “don’t worry about Jason Garrett, he’s Jerry’s puppet. Just go straight to Jerry.”

That obviously comes as no shock, but it was interesting to hear somebody confirm the locker rooms perspective of Jason Garrett. I asked him why he was shocked that McCarthy took the job and he told me that McCarthy is the complete opposite of Garrett. He is not a puppet. I asked him if he felt like Jerry relinquished his role as being the puppet master and he said “absolutely. That’s the feel in the locker room because McCarthy has wiped out everybody and Jerry would’ve never allowed Garrett to do that. “.

Sounds like a lot of players are shocked because the feel is that McCarthy is the man and he’s the guy you go to now instead of Jerry Jones.

He left me with something that was pretty exciting as we were finishing our conversation... “ we going to take it this year”. I kind of nodded my head and said something to along the lines of I hope so and then he said “trust me, with McCarthy you’re going to see a whole different team this year and we’re going to be a hard team to beat. It’s going to look and feel like a whole new Cowboys team with MM and the coaches he brought in “!
Sounds like he was really excited about his new Mercedes.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Who are these players that said that Garrett is easy to talk to?

It is no secret that players do sometimes go straight to Jones. Its been part of this organization system for as long as I can remember. Its not just Garrett. Its been other players from other coaches who I can't even recall at the moment. Heck, stories have already been floated around that when Wade was coaching that Garrett didn't have to answer to him and that Jerry was the one that had a direct line to Garrett. So Im not basing it on opinion. Im basing on stories from previous coaches, not just Garrett, that this has been happening again and again.

Just like you who can't recall what you're talking about I don't recall the exact articles or interviews where players and coaches have said that Garrett was easy to talk to and had an open door policy. Also I don't recall ever hearing about all this end runs around not just Garrett but other coaches straight to Jones. Wait I take that back there was some of Garrett knowing things that Phillips didn't but that was right before Phillips got fired. It's funny that just now when I googled and I tried wording it about six different ways I didn't find a single article that talked about players going over Garrett's head to Jones. So maybe the sportswriters just don't recall them either.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
So I’m not going to disclose any names. I work at a Mercedes-Benz dealership and we had a client come in here and purchase a vehicle. This particular client happened to be a player who played for McCarthy and Garrett. He said he was shocked McCarthy took the offer from the Cowboys. When I asked him why, he said that when he got to the Cowboys D Law told him “don’t worry about Jason Garrett, he’s Jerry’s puppet. Just go straight to Jerry.”

That obviously comes as no shock, but it was interesting to hear somebody confirm the locker rooms perspective of Jason Garrett. I asked him why he was shocked that McCarthy took the job and he told me that McCarthy is the complete opposite of Garrett. He is not a puppet. I asked him if he felt like Jerry relinquished his role as being the puppet master and he said “absolutely. That’s the feel in the locker room because McCarthy has wiped out everybody and Jerry would’ve never allowed Garrett to do that. “.

Sounds like a lot of players are shocked because the feel is that McCarthy is the man and he’s the guy you go to now instead of Jerry Jones.

He left me with something that was pretty exciting as we were finishing our conversation... “ we going to take it this year”. I kind of nodded my head and said something to along the lines of I hope so and then he said “trust me, with McCarthy you’re going to see a whole different team this year and we’re going to be a hard team to beat. It’s going to look and feel like a whole new Cowboys team with MM and the coaches he brought in “!
So would you lose your job at the dealership if you told us who said it? Did he tell you that he would not buy a Mercedes ever again if this never got out? Sorry but JG may very well be a puppet and maybe a few of the players felt that way and just maybe MM is the man that calls the shots.....but this story has holes in it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Just like you who can't recall what you're talking about I don't recall the exact articles or interviews where players and coaches have said that Garrett was easy to talk to and had an open door policy. Also I don't recall ever hearing about all this end runs around not just Garrett but other coaches straight to Jones. Wait I take that back there was some of Garrett knowing things that Phillips didn't but that was right before Phillips got fired. It's funny that just now when I googled and I tried wording it about six different ways I didn't find a single article that talked about players going over Garrett's head to Jones. So maybe the sportswriters just don't recall them either.
Phillips tried to levy fines, Jones wouldn't let him.

JG instituted a dress code, Jerry would only let him sit Barber for one series.

I remember those couple of things happening.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Phillips tried to levy fines, Jones wouldn't let him.

JG instituted a dress code, Jerry would only let him sit Barber for one series.

I remember those couple of things happening.

Those are a little different than what started this. What started this was players and coaches going around Garrett to Jones not Jones over ruling things that coaches did.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I can’t believe anyone would believe that.

Other teams wanted Moore so Dallas forced him on McCarthy.
McCarthy has already come out and said he would have tried bringing Moore to any team he went. Stop spinning this yarn and making it out to be fact when it couldn’t be further from the truth. You want this team to fail. You have never once said anything positive about this team Dak the coaching staff or anything for that matter. Only thing somewhat positive was you said you’d be happy if they brought dez back.

RoboQB

Reaction score
ask the Atlanta fans about Nolan.

he destroyed their defense in 2012-2014.

that’s why he was Fired.

You're like a broken record.
Repeating the same old tired crap over and over... over and over... over and over.
Next, you're gonna say Kris Richard created the LOB.
Then you'll get excited with acronyms and type BBDB after Marinelli.
We've seen it all before... lol

2014... smh.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
You're like a broken record.
Repeating the same old tired crap over and over... over and over... over and over.
Next, you're gonna say Kris Richard created the LOB.
Then you'll get excited with acronyms and type BBDB after Marinelli.
We've seen it all before... lol

2014... smh.

truth hurts.

hOw about this...

nolans Atlanta defenses were elite.

he retired after the 2014 season.

hahahaha

and this is our new DC.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Sounds like a great way to market your team. Was that JJ who you met with ?

lqmac1

Reaction score
PSA:

You're Not obligated to believe anything that you choose not to especially on an NFL team’s message board! I don’t have to disclose the name for those questioning that. If I work somewhere that’s in process of a business transaction with a client, it’s probably pretty wise on my end to not disclose personal information. Damn, commonsense ain't so common. Read a book, Play with your kids, go outside and get some sun. There’s a life outside of this message board lol

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Didn't Rob Pettiti's father used to post here, but stopped because the people who always insult others with inside information kept insulting him?

Believe it or just move on. I hate losing out on information because of stuff like that.