Rumor: Intel from a Player

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
And you are basing your OPINIONS based on one unsubstantiated claim by an unnamed player by a user on this message board. If all of the players went over Garrett's head to Jones there would be a boatload of players quotes of this haven happened and so far there are actual zero player quotes of such things. There have been former players and coaches who have said how easy it was to talk to Garrett and he always had an open door policy with all players and coaches. Again I don't care what happens with Garrett I just don't see how anything is gained by spreading non-thruths about anyone.

Who are these players that said that Garrett is easy to talk to?

It is no secret that players do sometimes go straight to Jones. Its been part of this organization system for as long as I can remember. Its not just Garrett. Its been other players from other coaches who I can't even recall at the moment. Heck, stories have already been floated around that when Wade was coaching that Garrett didn't have to answer to him and that Jerry was the one that had a direct line to Garrett. So Im not basing it on opinion. Im basing on stories from previous coaches, not just Garrett, that this has been happening again and again.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
So I’m not going to disclose any names. I work at a Mercedes-Benz dealership and we had a client come in here and purchase a vehicle. This particular client happened to be a player who played for McCarthy and Garrett. He said he was shocked McCarthy took the offer from the Cowboys. When I asked him why, he said that when he got to the Cowboys D Law told him “don’t worry about Jason Garrett, he’s Jerry’s puppet. Just go straight to Jerry.”

That obviously comes as no shock, but it was interesting to hear somebody confirm the locker rooms perspective of Jason Garrett. I asked him why he was shocked that McCarthy took the job and he told me that McCarthy is the complete opposite of Garrett. He is not a puppet. I asked him if he felt like Jerry relinquished his role as being the puppet master and he said “absolutely. That’s the feel in the locker room because McCarthy has wiped out everybody and Jerry would’ve never allowed Garrett to do that. “.

Sounds like a lot of players are shocked because the feel is that McCarthy is the man and he’s the guy you go to now instead of Jerry Jones.

He left me with something that was pretty exciting as we were finishing our conversation... “ we going to take it this year”. I kind of nodded my head and said something to along the lines of I hope so and then he said “trust me, with McCarthy you’re going to see a whole different team this year and we’re going to be a hard team to beat. It’s going to look and feel like a whole new Cowboys team with MM and the coaches he brought in “!

I just know this is fabrication and that you probably made this up. I can tell when someone starts a thread that says - I'm not disclosing names.....

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does it anyone else find it weird that DLaw tells a new guy almost word for word the exact thing posters on here have said about Jason Garrett....I mean the exact phrases and everything.

:huh:

And even more confusing...how is that the feel of the locker room, when i mean you know...None of the players have been to the locker room since the season ended?

Just asking for a friend

Do not question "sources"!!!

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I just know this is fabrication and that you probably made this up. I can tell when someone starts a thread that says - I'm not disclosing names.....

And that the source made sure to say he was shocked at the MM offer. How did this discussion even come about? You know what? I once met Demarcus Ware at a pet store I worked at. Know what he told me? "What bone will my dog really like?"

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So just type "RUMOR" and come up with any story we want?

How many 32 year old Mercedes salesmen have you seen in your life?... lol
The other option is to simply ignore the post.

RoboQB

Reaction score
The other option is to simply ignore the post.

Oh no.
I just wanted clarification.
There have been some funny threads deleted because
someone took offense to the obvious satire and reported it.

I understand it's easier to delete the thread but it ruins the fun
for the majority that can take a joke. With that being said, I respect
the mods and do not envy you guys and girls one bit.

Please don't bench me... lol

BHendri5

Reaction score
Ha I told people for 9 yrs that Jerry would not let Garrett do the job. It got confirmed by the guys on 105.3 the fan at the end of the season . The guy can coach and The giants will give him the opportunity to show all of the haters

mooseq

Reaction score

I find interesting that you think that. I’d hope people have better things to do with their lives then come here to make a story up. If people come on here to make stories up I feel bad for them and might need to find a hobby or a job.

The OP is my brother and he reached out to me right away when it happened. We wouldn’t come on here to lie. We have plenty of other things to do then get on a forum and make up a story. It was just information that he thought most Cowboy fans on here would like to hear on the forum. But I guess in today’s world every one has their 2 cents.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
So I’m not going to disclose any names. I work at a Mercedes-Benz dealership and we had a client come in here and purchase a vehicle. This particular client happened to be a player who played for McCarthy and Garrett. He said he was shocked McCarthy took the offer from the Cowboys. When I asked him why, he said that when he got to the Cowboys D Law told him “don’t worry about Jason Garrett, he’s Jerry’s puppet. Just go straight to Jerry.”

That obviously comes as no shock, but it was interesting to hear somebody confirm the locker rooms perspective of Jason Garrett. I asked him why he was shocked that McCarthy took the job and he told me that McCarthy is the complete opposite of Garrett. He is not a puppet. I asked him if he felt like Jerry relinquished his role as being the puppet master and he said “absolutely. That’s the feel in the locker room because McCarthy has wiped out everybody and Jerry would’ve never allowed Garrett to do that. “.

Sounds like a lot of players are shocked because the feel is that McCarthy is the man and he’s the guy you go to now instead of Jerry Jones.

He left me with something that was pretty exciting as we were finishing our conversation... “ we going to take it this year”. I kind of nodded my head and said something to along the lines of I hope so and then he said “trust me, with McCarthy you’re going to see a whole different team this year and we’re going to be a hard team to beat. It’s going to look and feel like a whole new Cowboys team with MM and the coaches he brought in “!

MM hired Mike Nolan to be DC...because Nolan gave him the OC job at Niners in 2005. Next year he was HC at GB.

Nolan is a terrible DC.

he’s not a savior coach.

RoboQB

Reaction score
MM hired Mike Nolan to be DC...because Nolan gave him the OC job at Niners in 2005. Next year he was HC at GB.

Nolan is a terrible DC.

he’s not a savior coach.

The best thing about Mike Nolan is that he's not Kris Richard.

glimmerman

Reaction score

It would make sense to me. I like hearing stories from players that are there and inside the locker room and know what’s going on that we don’t know. But we did have the feeling JG was a puppet with no real power.

RoboQB

Reaction score
The hate runs strong in this one

Says the self proclaimed pessimist... lol

Interesting twist. Talking about someone to that very same someone.

No hate. Just a strong BS detector. But hey, at least the OP isn't pretending
to be British.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Those liquor store guy stories were good.

Peoples comments made it some nice entertainment!

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I’m not sure why some are so quick to doubt the story. As I said in some posts from the beginning of the week I ran into and spoke to DWare at a Tom Thumb. He, Witten, Greg Ellis...they all live around here snd I see them all the time. Though Ware is way more talkative than Witten. So I can see this happening unless there is a history with OP

jnday

Reaction score
I find interesting that you think that. I’d hope people have better things to do with their lives then come here to make a story up. If people come on here to make stories up I feel bad for them and might need to find a hobby or a job.

The OP is my brother and he reached out to me right away when it happened. We wouldn’t come on here to lie. We have plenty of other things to do then get on a forum and make up a story. It was just information that he thought most Cowboy fans on here would like to hear on the forum. But I guess in today’s world every one has their 2 cents.
Several years ago, I had a “source” that worked for the team. I didn’t share anything on this board simply because of the reaction of certain posters. I did share the info through messages to a couple guys. Every single bit of info that I told them was 100% accurate, but seeing how many know-it-alls that is on this board, it wasn’t worth the hassle of sharing publicly. I had guys arguing with me constantly about certain topics and it was pure pleasure to read stupid posts that they made. I had the info to know that they was wrong and that I knew better than to believe their arguments.

jnday

Reaction score
I’m not sure why some are so quick to doubt the story. As I said in some posts from the beginning of the week I ran into and spoke to DWare at a Tom Thumb. He, Witten, Greg Ellis...they all live around here snd I see them all the time. Though Ware is way more talkative than Witten. So I can see this happening unless there is a history with OP
They doubt because they are jealous know-it-alls that can’t stand knowing that they are not the smartest people on this board.