RUMOR: Roy fined $10,000 for horsecollar

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
i got this from a Giants board but per Jay Glazer, Roy williams has been fined $10,000 for horsecollar tackle on Tiki last monday night. they had no link

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... that did look like a horse collar, but man, Roy's been getting fined every week.

Nav22

Reaction score
When he did it, I wondered why it wasn't penalized.

Manster68

Reaction score
Then why not just put flags on the opponents.

What a bunch of garbage.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
So he had the pads underneath?

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Nav22;1122917 said:
whats stupid to me is that the ref saw it but didnt call a flag, then why the hell are they going to fine Roy when the ref saw it and thought it didnt deserve a flag. a bunch of BS from the NFL

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Why don't they just start fining players for all would be personal fouls then? Why does one personal foul deserve a fine and another doesn't? Of course, Roy does get fined for all of them.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
I did not see it as a horse collar..
For a horse collar dont you have to bring him down with it because Roy impeded his progress with it but then he made the tackle by grabing they guys ankle with his other hand.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ChldsPlay;1122932 said:
Why don't they just start fining players for all would be personal fouls then? Why does one personal foul deserve a fine and another doesn't? Of course, Roy does get fined for all of them.
They are. Roy's is more, because he's a repeat offender.

conner01

Reaction score
i understand the cocept of the horscollar penalty but it should be if you tackle him by the jersey or pads. if you grab them to slow him down but tackle him, as roy did by the legs there should be no penalty. they fined players this weeek for celebrations. thats silly, call the penalty and move on. the only fines should be for illegal hits or the real bad behavior stuff, not excessive celebrations. thats just silly

Kevinicus

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1122945 said:
They are. Roy's is more, because he's a repeat offender.

They are? I haven't noticed anyone getting fined for late hits, hits out of bounds, pushing and stuff after the play. Just certain ones, like touching the QB and not giving him a pillow to break his fall, hitting WRs with your shoulder so they can't make a catch on a tipped ball, a few facemasks, and now pulling a guy down from behind.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ChldsPlay;1122970 said:
They are? I haven't noticed anyone getting fined for late hits, hits out of bounds, pushing and stuff after the play. Just certain ones, like touching the QB and not giving him a pillow to break his fall, hitting WRs with your shoulder so they can't make a catch on a tipped ball, a few facemasks, and now pulling a guy down from behind.
I would say that's because your more aware of what goes on with the Cowboys than any other team.

Generally every Friday, it seems disciplinary action is handed out to players of each team who may have gotten a personal foul or some other finable penalty. Some are probably not as publicized due to the low profile of the player.

That said, I haven't seen anything to confirm that Roy has been fined. If true, it'll be published by one of the local scribes soon enuff.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Cowboy Junkie;1122935 said:
I did not see it as a horse collar..
For a horse collar dont you have to bring him down with it because Roy impeded his progress with it but then he made the tackle by grabing they guys ankle with his other hand.

That's how I saw it also.

J-DOG

Reaction score
Da Hammer;1122926 said:
whats stupid to me is that the ref saw it but didnt call a flag, then why the hell are they going to fine Roy when the ref saw it and thought it didnt deserve a flag. a bunch of BS from the NFL
Exactly!
This is what makes the NFL the idiotic to me.
Let em play friggin football for cryin out loud!!!!!!!!:bang2:

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1122936 said:
The rule was changed this year to include grabbing the jersey.

You mean the rule now says you cannot tackle by grabbing the jersey??

That can't be right.

If so, then this league is over. Just put a dresses on the whole lot of them!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1123157 said:
You mean the rule now says you cannot tackle by grabbing the jersey??

That can't be right.

If so, then this league is over. Just put a dresses on the whole lot of them!

Grabbing the collar of the jersey is the same as grabbing the pads when making a "horsecollar" tackle

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Nav22;1122917 said:

I know it's not my money... but I bet Roy would rather pay the fine than have the penalty called.

He had two horsecollars by my count in that game, so this is no surprise. It's a dumb rule, but I don't think he's had it called against him since it's become a penalty.