RUMOR: Terry Glenn to Commanders?

JohnL2288

Reaction score
SALADIN;2158888 said:
Steven Jones just said that he (TG) can resign with anyone once he clears waivers.

Maybe he was confused or mistaken but he just said that on the Ticket.

they go through waivers, but they don't have to play for the team that claims them........they can turn them down and then become a ufa.....they risk not getting their current salary that way however

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
JohnL2288;2158925 said:
they go through waivers, but they don't have to play for the team that claims them........they can turn them down and then become a ufa.....they risk not getting their current salary that way however

Thanks for clarifying. ;) I wish Steven would have.

Ren

Reaction score
Gryphon;2158862 said:
Again, I do not think that it is true...however if it is this will make our division a little more competitive.

Nah, Glenn would be on IR before we even played them

CoCo

Reaction score
Much as I wanted a productive TG on the Cowboys in 2008 I am not wringing my hands in the least over the prospects of him joining a competitor. Not in the least.

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
dargonking999;2158881 said:
Why would the skins do this

they already have a speed guy in Moss, and they have Randle El, plus Cooley, and two rookie WR's

glenn would be no where near a fit for them.
Exactly. Plus there's Thrash who is crucial on special teams. Glenn wouldn't fit at all.

Ren

Reaction score
if there was any chance he could contribute this season i don't think we would have waived him

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2158943 said:
Exactly. Plus there's Thrash who is crucial on special teams. Glenn wouldn't fit at all.

holy crap a skins fan agrees with me. I guess i have to spare you the picture i use to respond to all skin fans.

Consider yourself a lucky man ;)

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I just don't see with Glenn's age and Knee problem's how he would help the Commanders.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Boysboy;2158916 said:
Is it possible that maybe, MAYBE the word "Skins" could have been a typo, and that guy may have meant to type "Eagles" instead?

Just wondering...

You mean he might have meant this?

"My friend from VA just texted me saying DC radio is reporting the EAGLES have already offered a contract to Glenn. He's supposed to fly up there for a physical tomorrow. Anyone else heard anything?"

:rolleyes:

Just sounds like wishful thinking on your part, bro.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
dargonking999;2158946 said:
holy crap a skins fan agrees with me. I guess i have to spare you the picture i use to respond to all skin fans.

Consider yourself a lucky man ;)

Dang dragon, hit him where it hurts. Release the 2 legged b**** .................................................................................................................cough (beast)

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
Yea, this rumor is complete BS

There has been no report on DC radio in the last 2 hours about this. It would have been posted on every single blog by now, in particular since it would have hit the airwaves during Friday drive time

Besides, where will "she" fit? Kelly, Thomas, ARE, Moss are locks, with Thrash being the number 5 and the special teams guy. Would "she" be willing to be possibly the 6th WR covering punts?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ABQcowboyJR;2158876 said:
I hope this is a rumor. This was just another reason why I was in favor of keeping him on the team. If TG finds his way to washington healthy and Boldin ends up in Philly we could be looking at a stronger division to face.

Glenn doesnt worry me regardless of where he ends up, and only a really fickle fan would be worried about it. Did you see him at the end of last season? It was almost painful to watch, the guy was a shadow of his former self.

Further, with the CB's this team has there's no reason to worry about any teams WR's, let alone an aged WR who has a degenerative knee condition and almost appeared to be running in slow motion at the end of last yr

David

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
I hope he does. He will do nothing to make their team better. Just give the impression of that, then piss out- like he did year after year for us here. Get'r done Danny!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;2158979 said:
Besides, where will "she" fit? Kelly, Thomas, ARE, Moss are locks, with Thrash being the number 5 and the special teams guy. Would "she" be willing to be possibly the 6th WR covering punts?

can "she" pass?.... because your 5 or 6 "lock WR's" dont have anyone to get them the ball:laugh1: