Rumor Why Dak won’t Sign

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
That makes sense
No it doesn't.

Dak would sign a 6 or 7 year deal most likely.

Holding up guaranteeing yourself generation defining money while playing a violent sport because of your coach on a 1 year deal makes absolutely no sense.

Ignore the OP silliness

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Pessimist....I think FO has approached them...he’s not interested in those discussions is what I’m saying. He wanted full focus on football. Lawrence and Zeke deals had to get messy and throw a wrench in things. That’s what did it i think ...FO had good plan in place to pay all in orderly fashion,and then “Now,now,now or else” stuff happened.

Flamma

Reaction score
Don’t be so sure, you saw what happened with Bell and Brown. Dak can refuse to sign it or sit out, even demand a trade. He would have all the leverage.

Transition tag him. He should be happy with that, right? Any team can offer him any contract without penalty.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Unlikely, but I wish it were true just to move the needle in the right direction. I don't care if it goes from 3% to 4%, any increase in the chance of Garrett going somewhere else is a positive. If not a decade, then how many years will be enough?

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Even if true he might not have a choice. It's called the franchise tag. He could sit out but he isn't playing for another team no matter who the coach is.
It won’t happen. They’ll pay him,he’s the face of their franchise now. I see his comfort mattress commercials on net,too late....loool

BHendri5

Reaction score
No I know there’s a lot of imbeciles in here if you believe what a bitter Jesse sorry *** Holley says and Patrick crayton

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Even I can't believe this, as much as I'd like to.

If it were even half true, though, it might be the one way Jerry would finally end the Red Experiment.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Even if true he might not have a choice. It's called the franchise tag. He could sit out but he isn't playing for another team no matter who the coach is.

Yes, but they could only use the franchise tag for two years (at.+$33MM/year) and then he would be a FA. He may be willing to gamble on that versus a long term deal to be linked with Garrett for 5-7 years if the rumor is true. That also may explain the $40MM/year average, i.e. if I have to play most of my career with Garrett you have to pay me at a premiu price.

Not to say I believe this rumor to be true, just offering a perspective on it.

Reaction score
I’m not buying that rumor. Can’t imagine he would be passing up 30+ million per season because he doesn’t want to play for a coach who gave him the opportunity to start and kept him in there when Romo was healthy enough to play 4 years ago. He has developed into one of the best QBs in the league under Garrett and is having his best season. Not saying I want Garrett back by any stretch but I’m just not buying that rumor. It certainly wasn’t started by Dak he’s not that kind of guy. Dak has prospered under Garrett and he’s been too supportive of Dak for him not to want to play for him.
good point. IMO Garrett made the right call there but he is still horrendous, flat out terrible.

i don't believe the "rumor" but expect Garret gone in 2020 and Dak will eventually sign a lucrative contract.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
If that's true then I don't blame Dak.......Jerry needs to wake up and see that players and fans alike are simply fed up with Garrett.

Jerry, ego be damned you need to wake up.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The Rumor was brought up by Jesse Holley. He says that Dak doesn’t want to sign his new contract because he doesn’t want to play with Garrett anymore. That the contract is a done deal but, Says that Dak doesn’t want to waste his career away like Romo did. I know it’s been Daks dream to play for Dallas but next season I can’t blame him for looking to move on.

I don't blame him, and I agree with him. Garrett must go.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Romo probably told him the same on the way out. They wasted all my "Romo's" career. Don't let them waste yours" I wasn't in Dallas? I might of been in the Hall of Fame with a ring or two" Tony Romo….

kskboys

Reaction score
Romo probably told him the same on the way out. They wasted all my "Romo's" career. Don't let them waste yours" I wasn't in Dallas? I might of been in the Hall of Fame with a ring or two" Tony Romo….
I always thought that Jerry paid Romo a ton just for that reason. I think Romo wanted to leave, and Jerry paid him a ton to stay, and I also always believed there might have been some large chunks under the table.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jessie Holley is just another Garrett hater full of conspiracy theories. It takes a dirtbag like that to think that way so if you find yourself agreeing with Jessie then you know you know what that says about you too. It's not hard to understand how he lost his radio gig. It's only a matter of time before he loses his gig with the Cowboys media department too.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Would discount that rumor for several reasons:

1. Garrett's not calling the plays, Moore is, and Moore's pretty much an unknown, still, at this point, the future, even with Garrett is pretty muddled.
2. He's on a team that has talent and is at least in the running for a title, albeit not that high a probability.
3. Garrett is at least a good possibility to get fired, no matter what Jerry says. Jerry's famous for saying one thing then doing another, the "Zeke who?" comment was interpreted by many to mean he'd not pay Zeke, but he did, didn't he?
4. How many commercials would Dak get as a member of say, the Dolphins? The off the field opportunities for Dak as the quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys, one of it not the top job in sports, are huge, even if they aren't winning a lot.
5. Holley's a minor player in the sports broadcasting arena, very likely he's spreading rumors to pump up his presence.
6. Nobody even knows for sure if an offer to Dak is said and done, or in negotiations, or Dak has rejected it forthwith, haven't heard Jerry or Stephen said anything definitive.

I could come up with a half dozen rumors as to why Dak is not signing, doesn't mean it's true.

We'll know for sure eventually...