Rumors and Ratings

Motorola

Reaction score
I dont know what your age is, but I see it from my generational perspective.
My Children dont respect the game
My Grandchildren have little if no interest.
They only have interest because of my interest,, and this is very alarming to me.
That's in your circle observing your descendants.
Plenty of parents follow the NFL, and their offspring do the same.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
IMHO, the vast majority of the rumors and inside info that we’re enduring right now are manufactured drama to affect contract negotiations and generate intere$t in a sport that’s declining.

If EVER I could attain time travel, I’d fast forward 10 weeks, simply to end this MEGA-TIRESOME, supremely epic nightmare of uncertainty, eyerolling speculation, and useless disagreements.

I love to talk Cowboys, but I’d really like to see enough resolution to just be able to relax a little, ya know?
Wish the Dak/QB situation would get resolved.
So tired of the drama....

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMHO, the vast majority of the rumors and inside info that we’re enduring right now are manufactured drama to affect contract negotiations and generate intere$t in a sport that’s declining.

If EVER I could attain time travel, I’d fast forward 10 weeks, simply to end this MEGA-TIRESOME, supremely epic nightmare of uncertainty, eyerolling speculation, and useless disagreements.

I love to talk Cowboys, but I’d really like to see enough resolution to just be able to relax a little, ya know?

part of Mickeys article this week is about this type of stuff.
He also has some other good tidbits.
I was going to post it in a new thread. But all it ever attracts is the usual haters.

part of the article was how 3 ex Cowboys players and coaches got a SB with TB as coaches.
One being Chris Boniol. also a tribute to McCarthy giving credit to Marty Schottenheimer for giving his start in coaching in the NFL.

However since many fans on here are not all that great, they would have put Mickey down for that also. So I decided against it.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
ES, while I agree I also accept the fact that their prime target audience is right here. We give legs to any rumor about the Cowboys, even if it's to call it out.

We are not just a discussion group, we are a gossip group as well and that's OK, even those that doth protest too much eat it up. It is cheap entertainment and we get to participate in it ourselves.

Hell, if we could all get together, we could quilt while we do this.
And it's free!!! Lol

Motorola

Reaction score

Many fans don't follow the NFL year-round; once the season ends, they extend little no effort to keep up with their team(s) until preseason starts.
But in this day and age, one basically has to tune out, unplug, and shut off communication so as not to get updates about each phase of the off-season. Local news in an NFL city announces draft selections, and even radio stations whose format is not sports-related at times arrange an interview with the No. 1 pick.

Haimerej

Reaction score
That is not the only reason some of us come here.

We are a community and the Cowboys and football, while the central theme, are not all we discuss in the Off Topic Zone, Member Zone, etc.

Football and my fanhood for the Cowboys brought me to my first DC site but that is not what kept me there, it was the people there. I come here without much Cowboys on my mind but I want to interact with the board. I realize some do not have the time and they are all about just the Cowboys and football and that's fine. I just want more out of it, I want to know more about the people behind the avatars and I have discovered some great things here and my tolerance of people has grown because of being exposed to more people here.

This board is just like the Dallas Cowboys. They are a business than just happens to have a football team as part of it.

Lol... I don't doubt your sincerity at all CC (pretty sure you've made this same statement countless times as ONE OF US), but my cynical humor says, "Look at the mod shilling for the bossman."

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The ongoing angst that so many of us get from following this team could subside if we just didn't take it quite so seriously. If you're as intense a fan as I am, however, the constant pain of being mediocre tends to wear you down after 25 years and holding. I've been trying, in vain, to content myself with being entertained but find myself writhing throughout every losing contest. As far as I can see, winning must be the best cure. Good luck with that! ;)

Last edited:

Motorola

Reaction score
I'm sure that's true, but I think a lot of younger fans are more concerned with fantasy football stats than with the game itself or any particular team.
That is true regarding FF - stats update on the TV screen during broadcast of games plus stadium scoreboards doing the same. But a good number of parents make attending NFL games great family experiences because of the amount of time involved - commuting to stadium, tailgating, possible interaction with players, etc. And include outings at sports bars and restaurants on game days....plenty of youngsters in attendance.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol... I don't doubt your sincerity at all CC (pretty sure you've made this same statement countless times as ONE OF US), but my cynical humor says, "Look at the mod shilling for the bossman."
Hmm, you might be the first to accuse him of that. There are several others I would have expected to see that from, other than you. Kudos for surprising me. It's so hard to do anymore.
:muttley:

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm stunned the usual suspects havent taken this bait as of yet.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Hmm, you might be the first to accuse him of that. There are several others I would have expected to see that from, other than you. Kudos for surprising me. It's so hard to do anymore.
:muttley:

Him becoming a Mod has thrown me for a loop. I expect next I'll find out Greg was Jerry all along.