Run game and Run defense

Creeper

Reaction score
Any time your team is counting on multiple rookies to fix a real problem immediately, it becomes a dice roll. Can we be better at running the ball AND stopping the run? Dice rolls are not confidence builders.

We are going to be dependent on two rookies on the OL. On defense we are going to be dependent upon a 32 year old LB in Kendricks at the end of his career, a 23 year old Overshown coming off a very serious knee injury, a 22 year old rookie 2nd round DE who is raw and has great upside but has never played a down of NFL football.

Unless I’m wearing rose colored fan glasses and sipping blue kool aid, that scenario does not breed confidence. Some of those rookies will develop but it likely won’t be immediate.
I don't think the Cowboys are counting on anything. I think they are hoping at this point. But they are fully prepared to accept an awful season if all their hopes don't turn to reality.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don't think the Cowboys are counting on anything. I think they are hoping at this point. But they are fully prepared to accept an awful season if all their hopes don't turn to reality.
Exactly, Jerry is all-out.