Twitter: Rush is 6th in QB Rating

starfan1

Reaction score
its kind of funny QBR matters now lol. It was the eye test when we had the number 1 offense. Ill be just fine with what the cowboys decide to do when dak is ready but Im not sure so many on this site will be. THE ABD crowd will be dissapointed

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I will be very curious what happens when Dak is ready to go in terms of how he approaches the offense and if there is a major shift in performance (aka more passing attempts and less rushing).
There shouldnt be. I would blame kellen for that.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You can tell he is growing more comfortable with the offense week by week, I just feel he is a bit limited with his arm strength.
You can tell how limited his arm is. Deep outs and comebacks he cant throw. The ball just take too long to get there.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
its kind of funny QBR matters now lol. It was the eye test when we had the number 1 offense. Ill be just fine with what the cowboys decide to do when dak is ready but Im not sure so many on this site will be. THE ABD crowd will be dissapointed

Do you really believe that if Dallas is winning (regardless of QB) that many will be unhappy because it's Dak leading them? Fans are frustrated with over a quarter century of no playoff success so every QB will feel their wrath until they see success.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Do you really believe that if Dallas is winning (regardless of QB) that many will be unhappy because it's Dak leading them? Fans are frustrated with over a quarter century of no playoff success so every QB will feel their wrath until they see success.
Ppl like you after 2016 said dak sucks because he barely threw for 200 yards a game. Now hes lighting it up and its about winning games again

starfan1

Reaction score

yes I do feel there is a huge faction of folks on this board that will be upset when they go back to Dak. Its apparent with all the ridiculous threads weve had. Its not the QB they should be upset with although its a contributing factor. Its the owner hes the one whose failed but there are unknowledgeable fans that want to blame it all on dak. Hes the reason and because weve won 2 games in a row they are ecstatic and they think Rush needs to stay in there.

Now QBR is important lol? when last year we had #1 offense and our QB was at the top of the league in that metric but the trols on here talked about the eye test and accuracy so yes I think there is going to be a huge dissapointment among that ABD faction . especially if he dont come out of the gates blazing.

He played like grabage against Tampa but heck even the hall of famer struggled. and yes I think you will be front and center complaining and feel justified doing so

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Cooper Rush is the Dallas equivalent of Trent Dilfer when he was with the Ravens.
He didn't have a big arm and came in to 'manage' the games given the Ravens had a top rushing attack and stout defense. Dilfer went 7-1 and led the Ravens to the Super Bowl.
Obviously I am not saying that is what Rush will do but Rush has shown that the best approach for this team isn't a QB that passes for near 600 attempts but rather a QB that manages the game, avoids mistakes, and allows the rushing game and defense to control the game.
I think we’re getting the wrong picture here tho too. He took the perfect amount of chances Monday night. We had 3-5 really good looks at deep shots that all really should’ve hit.

This offense might be opening up. Why is everyone so scared that teams will “figure rush out”. What if he’s getting better and this is about to be one of the cooler cowboys season we’ve ever imagined?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I will be very curious what happens when Dak is ready to go in terms of how he approaches the offense and if there is a major shift in performance (aka more passing attempts and less rushing).
it wont take long to get back to what we saw last year, so enjoy the rush games while they are here!

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
yes I do feel there is a huge faction of folks on this board that will be upset when they go back to Dak. Its apparent with all the ridiculous threads weve had. Its not the QB they should be upset with although its a contributing factor. Its the owner hes the one whose failed but there are unknowledgeable fans that want to blame it all on dak. Hes the reason and because weve won 2 games in a row they are ecstatic and they think Rush needs to stay in there.

Now QBR is important lol? when last year we had #1 offense and our QB was at the top of the league in that metric but the trols on here talked about the eye test and accuracy so yes I think there is going to be a huge dissapointment among that ABD faction . especially if he dont come out of the gates blazing.

He played like grabage against Tampa but heck even the hall of famer struggled. and yes I think you will be front and center complaining and feel justified doing so
Rush is 3-0 in his last 3. All clutch in all 3.

Dak is 0-2 in his last 2. Both disasters.

At what point do you get intrigued? And why aren’t you ready? Is is draft pedigree and/or contract status?

if you removed the name plates on the back this isn’t even a question right?

starfan1

Reaction score
Rush is 3-0 in his last 3. All clutch in all 3.

Dak is 0-2 in his last 2. Both disasters.

At what point do you get intrigued? And why aren’t you ready? Is is draft pedigree and/or contract status?

if you removed the name plates on the back this isn’t even a question right?

I really feel like there is huge difference in the quality of opponents Dak is 0-2 against the quality of line play and the penalties they incurred. The front 7 of both tampa and San Fran. So im not willing to say that both those disasters are all on dak. and I feel like if you change the name on the back of the jersey the results are no different.

I am however ok with not going back should we see this type of success against the Rams and Philly. Some of this is Moore hes changed too.

pansophy

Reaction score
Not sure if I would agree it would depend on what it is you are interested in. QBR seems to be a more modern system that encompasses the threat of the QB run. Quarterback rating is still the better indicator of how well a player can throw the ball compared to his peers.
Have to disagree here -- passer rating doesn't care about things like dropped passes, QBR does. Imagine what Rush's passer rating would have been had Lamb and others caught passes rather than dropped them. Usually QBR and passer rating correlate really well and when they don't either the QB separates themselves as a runner or there are other factors in the passing game like dropped passes that shouldn't get attributed to the QB's play.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
How bout his ability to get rid of the ball quickly on the blitzes. The 4th down pass to Lamb right at the marker, and then getting up to the line QUICKLY to snap the ball was a thing of beauty. Im not sure Lamb got the ball over the line and the Giants didnt get a chance to see a replay before we got the next play off. That is the sign of a qb in total control of the game. How many other guys are out there like Cooper that simply dont get the opportunity to shine? We see it every year when a player gets forced into action and they play great... it just doesnt happen much at te QB position. Best example ever was Warner. By the way, if you havent seen the movie on Warner, check it out. It is fantastic.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
His passer rating won’t be so good if we get 2 scores behind with him. If we can keep games manageable with him and can run the ball we can get by. If a game gets thrown on his shoulders we’re going to be in trouble!