RUSH R40 tour

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Saw them last week in Tulsa for the tours opening date and it was beyond awesome.
Highly recommended if they are coming to your neck of the woods.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Sam hates Rush. Sam hates KEGL The Eagle for making him hate Rush due to every third song was always a Rush song.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
So I heard on the local radio today that Rush had been practicing in the BOK Center for 2 weeks leading up to last nights show.

Wouldn't surprise me......
They can play circles around their contemporaries as well as most younger bands, with ease.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
AMAZING show... they did leave off four songs I felt they should have played; Freewill, Limelight, Red Barchetta and YYZ, but they played for three hours and were technically amazing. Geddy Lee struggled on a couple of songs, but overall it was fantastic!

They played most of the 2112 album...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AMAZING show... they did leave off four songs I felt they should have played; Freewill, Limelight, Red Barchetta and YYZ, but they played for three hours and were technically amazing. Geddy Lee struggled on a couple of songs, but overall it was fantastic!

Thanks for the review TB. Just to throw this out there, their last tour they played the Moving Pictures album in it's entirety.

trickblue

Reaction score
Sam should hear their obscure work... it's amazing...

I found it hard to believe they are a three man band live tonight... it sounded like they had extras, but they didn't... all on camera...

I've been to a TON of concerts over the years of my life... they almost sounded studio they were so good...

trickblue

Reaction score
They and ZZ Top have the 3 man band mastered...

trickblue

Reaction score
Thanks for the review TB. Just to throw this out there, their last tour they played the Moving Pictures album in it's entirety.

I'll post the set list tomorrow... a little different here...

They don't like to do Free Will as it taxes vocals and guitar... still would like to have seen it...

Limelight, for some reason, wasn't on the schedule... nor was YYZ.

trickblue

Reaction score
Still... their technical ability was amazing... see this farewell tour if you can...

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

Here is what ive gathered so far in terms of the 2nd setlist, this is what they played in Tulsa.
11. Tom Sawyer
12. Red Barchetta (First Time Live Since 2011)
13. The Spirit of Radio
14. Jacob's Ladder (First Time Live Since 1980)
15. Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres Part I: Prelude (First Time Live Since 1994)
16. Cygnus X-1 (First Time Live Since 2002)
17. Closer To The Heart (First Time Live Since 2011)
18. Xanadu (First Time Live Since 2004)
19. 2112 Part I: Overture
20. 2112 Part II: The Temples of Syrinx
21. 2112 Part IV: Presentation (First Time Live Since 1997)
22. 2112 Part VII: Grand Finale

Encore Video: Mel's Rockpile

23. Lakeside Park (First Time Live Since 1978)
24. Anthem (First Time Live Since 1992)
25. What You're Doing (First Time Live Since 1977)
26. Working Man

Red Barchetta and the Spirit of Radio seem to be "rotation" songs and looking at some of the other dates they have gotten YYZ, Natural Science and the Camera Eye or some variation of the 3 instead. I myself would have preferred La Villa Strangiato and Natural Science but I understand with so many songs to chose from its hard to please every fan.

hutch1254

Reaction score
Going to the show in Buffalo, can't wait. Saw them in Buffalo a couple years ago. Was the first time in probably 10 years. Brought back so many memories and they sound fantastic. Can't wait for this one. I got 5th row.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Did Geddy have to hack the melody on Priests again because he can't do it live anymore? Wasn't a fan of the compromises he had to make on that song on their last tour. I saw them twice the last time around. Debating whether or not to cough up the $250 to see them again for the anniversary tour.

Nomad

Reaction score
Going tonight in Dallas at the AAC, really looking forward to it especially after reading this thread.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Mods, please close this thread. They are discussing garbage and that isn't tolerated around here. :)