Russel Wilson Scares me!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We need a controlled rush vs Wilson. Don’t let him buy 5-8 seconds. We might not want to do many twist or stunts vs him. D Lineman need their eyes on him at all times. Send 5-6 guys at times, but blitz under control. Don’t let him side step you. I trust our CB’s in man as long as Wilson doesn’t get out of the pocket. It cannot be stated enough. Rush under control.

Kris Richard should have a good defensive game plan against Wilson.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Wilson’s been sacked a league-leading 12 times (6 in each game). He’s missing his #1 WR and SEA has no dependable running game.

We’ve recorded 9 sacks in two games.

Do the math.
Did you watch the Seattle vs Chicago game. Chicago has a pretty darn good defense and they barely held on for the win. If your not concerned about Wilson’s ability to make plays while scrambling, even with mediocre receivers, you should be!! I have all ready predicted we will win, but Wilson is capable of spoiling that prediction, if he consistently gets out of the pocket.

JayFord

Reaction score
As long as we play with common sense i like our chances

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Your post sounds pretty lame. Do I really need to explain this to you. I’m not “really” scared of Wilson, but I do realize if we consistently allow him to scramble around for 5-8 seconds he can beat us even with a bunch of no name receivers.
No need to pump your chest behind a keyboard at @acr731 , he's a wonderful and very knowledgeable poster. Just because someone doesn't agree with what you had posted, doesn't mean you need to bash. Being kind will get you much better replies.

I can come off the same way by replying with arrogance as yourself. Not as lame as your thread. Get real, 5-8 seconds. But where would that get me besides an argument with you. Not worth it. Enjoy the game. :)

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
No need to pump your chest behind a keyboard at @acr731 , he's a wonderful and very knowledgeable poster. Just because someone doesn't agree with what you had posted, doesn't mean you need to bash. Being kind will get you much better replies.

I can come off the same way by replying with arrogance as yourself. Not as lame as your thread. Get real, 5-8 seconds. But where would that get me besides an argument with you. Not worth it. Enjoy the game. :)
I was pretty respectful considering the comment he made. Good for you supporting your friend, but his post was rude. Regarding a QB having 5-8 seconds to pass. Of course that is a looong time if you stay in the pocket, but a scrambling QB like Wilson has been known to run around for 5-8 seconds before getting rid of the ball. Enjoy the game.

Praxit

Reaction score
..what scares me is Richard coaching the defense..lol

mattjames2010

Reaction score
We'll certainly get to Wilson a few times in the game - the biggest concern I have is that he can still expose bad secondaries. I have not bought into our secondary being anything good.

We'll see.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Our biggest issue with Russel is not allowing him to run up the middle. Our DE will contain him but our DT are not as good, esp with Collins out.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Did you notice the '43' in his screen name? Makes you wonder.......

Whyjerry

Reaction score
We need a controlled rush vs Wilson. Don’t let him buy 5-8 seconds. We might not want to do many twist or stunts vs him. D Lineman need their eyes on him at all times. Send 5-6 guys at times, but blitz under control. Don’t let him side step you. I trust our CB’s in man as long as Wilson doesn’t get out of the pocket. It cannot be stated enough. Rush under control.

There is little chance Seattle can win unless Wilson has a big game. The plan should be pretty obvious. With this coaching staff one never knows.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Wilson is elusive and spins well...how he is tackled could affect sack numbers against him. Go for the ball!

shabazz

Reaction score
43Harris43, actually is being proven correct. Wilson has 184 yards and 2 Td's at this point while our Dink and Dunker has a pedestrian 77 yards and 1 Interception.