Twitter: Russell Wilson camp has broached trade destinations with Seahawks

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys would be hard pressed to agree to the price Wilson and the Seahawks would demand for a trade to Dallas. Granted, they'd likely secure a better QB in the transaction, although, this FO isn't especially disposed to making bold trades. Nevertheless, it's food for thought. Does anyone believe they'd pull the trigger on such an opportunity? That's, of course, assuming the Seahawks might see fit to entertain such a possibility. I'm skeptical. ;)

Last edited:

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Saints cap is horrible
Bears have terrible oline and weapons
Raiders - Division tough and might not mesh with Chucky

Welcome to Dallas Ciara

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Point is that the Chiefs as well as other teams, make it work.

You're trying to make broad claim that isn't accurate.

name a team that has paid a QB 30mil + that has won anything. Chiefs will start loosing players when mahomes contract really goes up.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Might be wise to stay away from players who have their own ‘camps.’

Note to fans: don’t get too attached to the players. They are loyal to themselves and their ‘camps’ and not the team.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The Cowboys would be hard pressed to agree to the price Wilson and the Seahawks would demand for a trade to Dallas. Granted, they'd likely secure a better QB in the transaction, although, this FO isn't especially disposed to making bold trades. Nevertheless, it's food for thought. Does anyone believe they'd pull the trigger on such an opportunity? That's, of course, assuming the Seahawks might see fit to entertain such a possibility. I'm skeptical. ;)
I applaud teams in this new era like the Rams and Seahawks for being the bold FOs that take these chances to win a ring.
Eagles even trying..
Its a numbers game guys, as much as that leaves a bad taste in your mouth these days its just how its being played.
Always been a copy cat league, and now TB is the model.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
name a team that has paid a QB 30mil + that has won anything. Chiefs will start loosing players when mahomes contract really goes up.

What are you categorizing as “winning”? Several of the league’s highest paid quarterbacks ‘won’ plenty of games last year as well as in prior seasons.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Saints cap is horrible
Bears have terrible oline and weapons
Raiders - Division tough and might not mesh with Chucky

Welcome to Dallas Ciara
Ciara and her hubby like the cities of New York, Miami, New Orleans, and Las Vegas.
They are all cities that people go to visit....vacation hubs or in NY (for Ciara) top of the universe.

I live in Dallas and like the city, but it for sure is not a vacation-type city.

Their list, I assume, does not take cap into consideration.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
What are you categorizing as “winning”? Several of the league’s highest paid quarterbacks ‘won’ plenty of games last year as well as in prior seasons.

Ok let’s play. How about made the final 4. What were their cap hits. How about last year.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I applaud teams in this new era like the Rams and Seahawks for being the bold FOs that take these chances to win a ring.
Eagles even trying..
Its a numbers game guys, as much as that leaves a bad taste in your mouth these days its just how its being played.
Always been a copy cat league, and now TB is the model.

Boldness and competence is the key to working trades that have a good chance to work admirably. The Cowboys management inclinations aren't one to fit the bold willingness especially well. At some point in time, they just might well be forced to take that plunge. Their chances of success doing so might be questionable at best but something must happen to help them overcome their timidity. Sometimes, desperate situations call for desperate measures. I question if the Dallas FO realizes that being the case in the here and now. Here's hoping Will McClay inspires them to consider it.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boldness and competence is the key to working trades that have a good chance to work admirably. The Cowboys management inclinations aren't one to fit the boldness willingness especially well. At some point in time, they might well be forced to take that plunge. Their chances of success doing so might be questionable at best but something must happen to help them overcome their timidity. Sometimes desperate situations call for desperate measures. I question if the Dallas FO realizes that being the case in the here and now.

I don’t see it. They usually get into bad contracts with undeserving players and then follow up the initial blunder by reworking and getting further locked into those bad contracts.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ciara and her hubby like the cities of New York, Miami, New Orleans, and Las Vegas.
They are all cities that people go to visit....vacation hubs or in NY (for Ciara) top of the universe.

I live in Dallas and like the city, but it for sure is not a vacation-type city.

Their list, I assume, does not take cap into consideration.

Oh I agree
Just going through teams on his list.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
His average is $33.5 million. Creative accounting is a tool available to all teams.

I don’t wanna keep going round and round.. my point is that teams that pay so much of their cap money on one player are playing with a bad hand. Creative accounting is kicking the can down the road.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Wilson is better than Dak but not hugely so.

By the way anyone saying Wilson is not in the argument as the best QB in the NFL is a fool and should be ignored. Even Mahoones came down to earth when his O line disintegrated and he faced an elite D line.

I have a feeling that ever since that IDIOTIC call in the SB by Carrol that Wilson has felt dissatisfied there.

From a pocket passing standpoint Dak and Wilson are pretty equal.

Getting out of the pocket making plays, rush avoidance, pocket presence - whole diifferent level!