Russia invades Ukraine *** READ RULES IN POST 6 BEFORE POSTING ***

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Given the severity of the issue, we will allow it on CowboysZone .. FOR NOW ..

If it becomes a problem, we may remove it though.

*** THREAD RULES ***

Do not post anything remotely related to US politics on the site!

That also includes using pseudo arguments of politically aligned issues in an attempt to circumvent this policy!

This thread is ONLY about the Ukraine situation!

You can discuss NATO, Ukraine, Russia, etc. but do not discuss any US-specific involvement as part of those discussions.

If you violate these rules, you will be removed from the thread and your account may be suspended for an extended period of time!

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Given the severity of the issue, we will allow it on CowboysZone .. FOR NOW ..

If it becomes a problem, we may remove it though.

*** THREAD RULES ***

Do not post anything remotely related to US politics on the site!

That also includes using pseudo arguments of politically aligned issues in an attempt to circumvent this policy!

This thread is ONLY about the Ukraine situation!

You can discuss NATO, Ukraine, Russia, etc. but do not discuss any US-specific involvement as part of those discussions.

If you violate these rules, you will be removed from the thread and your account may be suspended for an extended period of time!
Thanks for the clarity.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
I think this IS political because so much as every other country is pledging support and provision to the Ukraine, nobody is going to want to provide military intervention.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
“He has attacked a friendly country without any provocation and without any credible excuse. Innumerable missiles and bombs have been raining down on an entirely innocent population A vast invasion is under way by land by sea and by air,”
WHY ?/
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov says the “demilitarization and denazification” of Ukraine are among the objectives of Russia's military action in the country, which he described as a "special operation."

“Ideally, Ukraine should be liberated, cleansed of *****, of pro-**** people and ideology,”:rolleyes: Peskov said, though he refused to say if that meant regime change in Kyiv.

This Russian claim of a need to "denazify" Ukraine is one Putin has touted repeatedly over the years and is entirely baseless.

Peskov also said the operation would end only when its objectives had been reached. :eek:

The word __ by site was nasi's
I think this is by the rules, I was just wondering about the why, and found this.
If you dont approve just delete it.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
the only real reason I can see is the ukraine produces a lot of grain, so putin may want control of that.
Otherwise he has to pay for it.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
the only real reason I can see is the ukraine produces a lot of grain, so putin may want control of that.
Otherwise he has to pay for it.
The Ukraine is in the top 5 producers of a huge array of agricultural produce and mined minerals. The whole country is essentially a huge business, it is responsible for feeding something like 10 percent of the World's population.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The parallel between Hitler and Putin is so close. Both saw their countries humiliated, Germany after WW1, and Russia after the fall of the USSR and the Berlin wall. And they both take that personally.

In the 30's, the world stood by and let Germany take Czechoslovakia thinking that was all they wanted. Putin wants it like it was in his good old KGB days and there is no one to stop him in in his own country. At least Khrushchev had the Politburo he had to deal with, Putin has an agenda and few to stand in his way. He is used to the old sword rattling on the Cold War days and is putting the Allies to the test. And he has already played the nuclear arsenal card.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The parallel between Hitler and Putin is so close. Both saw their countries humiliated, Germany after WW1, and Russia after the fall of the USSR and the Berlin wall. And they both take that personally.

In the 30's, the world stood by and let Germany take Czechoslovakia thinking that was all they wanted. Putin wants it like it was in his good old KGB days and there is no one to stop him in in his own country. At least Khrushchev had the Politburo he had to deal with, Putin has an agenda and few to stand in his way. He is used to the old sword rattling on the Cold War days and is putting the Allies to the test. And he has already played the nuclear arsenal card.

Putin suffers from "Old man disease".

He sees things as they are today and wishes they were as when he was young.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He wants the old USSR, the one he helped maintain back then. He will not stop with the Ukraine, he's been lining up his henchmen, like in Belarus, for just this move.

The challenge for him is I have my doubts the citizenry over there (Russia/Belarus) has much of a stomach for this sort of thing. They're more like us than the starving peasants trying to throw back the Germans in WWII.

They and their friends getting killed... Their rather comfortable world unhinged. I don't think they want that.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He wants the old USSR, the one he helped maintain back then. He will not stop with the Ukraine, he's been lining up his henchmen, like in Belarus, for just this move.
Agreed. This has been building up for awhile.

Also just saw a report that they are currently trying to secure Chernobyl. That doesn't seem to be the best place to be fighting at. Not sure what the goal is there, besides possible quickest route to other cities.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The challenge for him is I have my doubts the citizenry over there (Russia/Belarus) has much of a stomach for this sort of thing. They're more like us than the starving peasants trying to throw back the Germans in WWII.

They and their friends getting killed... Their rather comfortable world unhinged. I don't think they want that.
The critical part of this is can he keep the economic sanctions from affecting his people? If he can't, his risk is from within because I agree, most of those people just want to live their lives.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The critical part of this is can he keep the economic sanctions from affecting his people? If he can't, his risk is from within because I agree, most of those people just want to live their lives.

Already showing Russian people crowding up in lines to the ATMs to get their money out while they can.