Ryan ESPN on SB Sunday About The Cowboys Interest In DF Position

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Rex Ryan just said the deal isn’t done yet and he did confirm he spoke to MM about the DC position. Not sure if he’s just hurt or if he knows something we don’t.

Wasn’t Jerruh just spouting off on the red carpet about talking to the new DC? I think Ryan is just wishful thinking at this point. Maybe the contract itself isn’t done?

Aven8

Reaction score
It has been odd that that no one has said it’s a done deal. But having said that I like what Ryan said about calling Mike. That’s pretty sweet!

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Oh Boy.. You Guys Just Might Be Right..But Its ESPN Rex Ryan Job Doing His Bidding Of Speculation..

Cowboys DC search: Candidate Rex Ryan says he called Mike McCarthy, pushes back on report of Mike Zimmer hire..

Rex Ryan, pushed back on the reports of Zimmer's hiring on ESPN's "Sunday NFL Countdown" pregame show ahead of Super Bowl LVIII on Sunday. Ryan was a candidate who also interviewed for the Dallas defensive coordinator vacancy, and mere seconds after ESPN's Adam Schefter went through a detailed, on-air report about the Cowboys choosing Zimmer, Ryan disputed Schefter's reporting.

"First off, I'm not so sure Zimmer has that job right now. I'm not sure about that," Ryan said on ESPN on Sunday. "I can honestly say I don't believe that's a fact right now."

Its ESPN Rex Ryan Doing His Bidding Of Speculation

Ryan appears to be doing his best to fight for his shot at a job being the defensive coordinator for a team he believes is close to getting over the hump. Ryan said he called Cowboys head coach at the beginning of the interview rounds to express his interest.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...hy-pushes-back-on-report-of-mike-zimmer-hire/

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He wants to be on the big stage.
That's his #1 reason.
I'm sure he like another big payday too.
NOPE
I'll take Zimmer all day.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Rex Ryan just said the deal isn’t done yet and he did confirm he spoke to MM about the DC position. Not sure if he’s just hurt or if he knows something we don’t.
Maybe that's why it's taking so long because Jerry wants both lol